Local Co-op PC games

VioDuskar

I recently got steam stream set up on my living room pc (athalon dual x64 with gtx 560) 

so that i could stream games from my rig in my room (fx9590 and SLI'd 980s)

i have a DS4 wirelessly connected so that i can play in the living room as if it were a console, and my roomate has a wired xbox360 controller, and both work perfectly.

However, other than goat simulator, we can't seem to find a lot of local (split screen) co-op games to play.

i thought games like borderlands would allow for local co-op, but they don't.

any suggestions?

we're really open to just about anything. it can be on steam or off. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Rocket League, Left 4 Dead 2, and Dead Pixels are my favorite

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Worms Armageddon is still amazing for local multiplayer

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

btw Borderlands does support it, just need to do a bit of tinkering

I am not going to open two instances of borderlands via steam stream. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

and castle crashers

Think i'll get this. 

and binding of isaac seems to be multiplayer, so i'll get that too. 

Worms Armageddon is still amazing for local multiplayer

thought about it. IDK how long it will keep us hooked though.

- Trine Series

- Lego games

- Grid 2 or Grid autosport

- Fifa

- Rocket League

Also, you can search steam for games:

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Local%20Co-Op/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

Street fighter IV

Injustice: gods among us

Mortal Kombat

not really our style. 

and i searched steam local co-op, but i wanted suggestions so i can filter by quality. 

Fist Puncher, BattleBlock Theater, Nidhogg, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Not that.

There's a special tool called Google. Look up how to do Borderlands split screen

google told me to hack together two instance of borderlands.exe

linx? alternative methods?

rip

such smart, very knowledge, much inform, Wow!

Theres some program that let you open 2 clients of 1 game at a time so u can play lan co op on the one computer

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

rip

it's been a long time anyways, the first borderlands?

no, 2 or the pre-sequal.

Theres some program that let you open 2 clients of 1 game at a time so u can play lan co op on the one computer

i doubt that will work with steam stream. thanks though.

ah

welp atm i can't get onto that one website i forgot its name of so once i can

well, thanks for trying, let me know if you can find a solution for me, it'd really make my roommate's and my day. 

Broforce has local coop too. I did not play with it, but it has good reviews.