Your favorite Brands when it comes to pc building

freebaser

Cpu: Intel (I trust it, it performs really good, i always use it in my custom builds)

Gpu: Gigabyte all the way. They are usually the cheapest cards of the one chip, and their windforce cooler is great

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

Intel + Nvidia: Evga/Asus

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Intel and Nvidia (gigabyte and EVGA)

I don't know, maybe I'm racist

CPU: Intel (though AMD have great budget CPUs)

GPU: EVGA, MSI, Asus

I like to rank the GPU brands generally:

1. EVGA, Asus, MSI

2. Gigabyte, Sapphire

3.  XFX, Galaxy, Zotac

4. VisionTek, PNY, HIS

5. Sparkle, Diamond etc. etc.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

CPU: Intel

GPU: Sapphire (amd)/MSI (Nvidia)

CPU: Intel

GPU: I dont really have a preference.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

cpu--- intel

gpu-- AMD (value per performance :rolleyes: )

Definitely Intel, they just trash AMD most of the time. Yes, I know there are fanboys out there, but I don't want comments saying that that's not true. Nothing against fanboys, I'm also one. :D For GPUs, my favourite is Gigabyte, especially the Windforce Series. I prefer nVidia over ATI (AMD), because nVidia has the best drivers for the things I really like to do (Flight Simulation)

well let's not start a war here

I personally like what AMD stands behind, but they haven't made a high performance CPU in years, and i hit the wall with my FX8350 nolonger holding its own, so i'm going to say Intel. as for GPUs, i still am behind AMD, my favorite brands for them would be ASUS|Gigabyte|Sapphire

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

This is just for fun and i wanted to get the community's thoughts

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Why do you intentionally create a thread to start a flame war? What goes through your mind when you do this?

If we're talking current flagships and plain performance, Intel has the crown on the cpu side and Nvidia for the gpus. 

As for value and performance at different tiers, it will vary depending on where you're shopping. 

Why do you intentionally create a thread to start a flame war? What goes through your mind when you do this?

It can be a legitimate question. No need to be accusatory from the get-go. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Depends on what you're doing. That's it. Why start a potential flamewar?

Nvidia+Intel for gaming

AMD and AMD is great budget builds, and video editing/anything to do with OpenCL/GL

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

This is potential flame war fuel...

@WoodenMarker

This 100%.

No point on this type of thread.

The question is too vague to even start a proper debate.

Raw Performance?

Performance vs Price?

For gaming?

For 3D rendering?

Both I honestly find their performance fairly equal, I tend to use Intel but that is simply because I prefer the GTX graphics cards and am not a fan of how AMD has pins in their CPU's (which I have infact had an experience with a bent pin from the factory). That said I do use both in my builds depending on what the computer is going to be used for

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Well, tbh, they are all very good companies and make amazing products. It also depends on who released what last. Currently, Nvidia is the dominator of GPU's right now due to the recently released GTX 970 and 980. Intel is also the dominator due to the recently released DDR4 8 core behemoth of a CPU, but AMD has yet to even touch ground in these areas with new products.

Personally, I like AMD because I can replace my CPU if I need to without having to shell out an arm and a leg.

This is another troll post look at his build an i7 with an 980  :angry:

i didn't but now you mention it i can see why you would think i did i am making a gaming pc for a friend and i know both amd lovers and Intel and wanted to know what other people think around the world people who aren't just biased 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

This 100%.

No point on this type of thread.

The question is too vague to even start a proper debate.

Raw Performance?

Performance vs Price?

For gaming?

For 3D rendering?

i didn't but now you mention it i can see why you would think i did i am making a gaming pc for a friend and i know both amd lovers and Intel and wanted to know what other people think around the world people who aren't just biased