New to building + €1000 budget

DWP_Emily

So, for the week of halloween ill be working for a friend and hope to get enough money to bring me up to having 1000 saved if not ill have to wait, but if i do, i want to be prepared!

Problem is... Idk too much about computer components, i mean, i know whats what but idk whats good and whats not. (Too many whats?)

Like most people I want a gaming rig but im not too fussy about having omg amazing graphics, although its nice.

So can you guys in this amazing community help me out in what components to get, I live in Ireland so please bare in mind I wanna make sure I can get it on an Irish or even a UK website... although a lot of the irish ones are overpriced.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

-Emily

Ps. €1000 is currently 1134 usd and I dont mind going over A little bit.

The build suggested above is pretty solid, but you should also consider the gtx 970. What monitor resolution are you running? Unless you really need 8gbs of vram (4k gaming which you shouldn't be doing with an 390 anyways), the gtx 970 will usually outperform.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

The build suggested above is pretty solid, but you should also consider the gtx 970. What monitor resolution are you running? Unless you really need 8gbs of vram (4k gaming which you shouldn't be doing with an 390 anyways), the gtx 970 will usually outperform.

Here's the benchmarks of R9390 vs GTX 970 http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-390-vs-GeForce-GTX-970 The overkill 8GB of VRAM is for spare use. Just in case she buys a 4K or 2K monitor.

Here you go. The most badass black and red theme build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/NQ7rFT

This build is good, but like the other guy said, I'd consider a gtx 970 more. I prefer nvidia, and find there better compatibility with games than with Amd

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

This build is good, but like the other guy said, I'd consider a gtx 970 more. I prefer nvidia, and find there better compatibility with games than with Amd

If you prefer GTX 970, then.... don't go with Windows 10 cause DX 12 have some real FPS dropping. Whatever is your choice

I think i'll go with the 970, and i dont know what monitor to get yet, for my current pc im literally using the tv i used for my old xbox... yeah.. its horrible... while we're on that topic, any monitor suggestions? 

If you prefer GTX 970, then.... don't go with Windows 10 cause DX 12 have some real FPS dropping. Whatever is your choice

I have a gtx 980.

Even then, I have a dual boot of win 10 pro and 8.1 pro

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

I think i'll go with the 970, and i dont know what monitor to get yet, for my current pc im literally using the tv i used for my old xbox... yeah.. its horrible... while we're on that topic, any monitor suggestions? 

For 1080p... This one looks really worth. http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025094 IPS dude.