[MSI PRO MOD S3] KRAIT VENOM

ciobanulx

I think more cases should be orientated this way, it's a really good look :D

Wait, which way are you mounting it again? I just meant making a back plate and attaching a mobo tray. :)

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

Wait, which way are you mounting it again? I just meant making a back plate and attaching a mobo tray. :)

So the I/O will be at the top of the case with the graphics cards facing towards the back if you get what I mean. I will have a window at the back too :)

Should look pretty sweet once done

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

So the I/O will be at the top of the case with the graphics cards facing towards the back if you get what I mean. I will have a window at the back too :)

Should look pretty sweet once done

Oh, yeah that will be dope, i was considering it for my build, but decided against it, just cause of where I have my pc, having a window at the top made more sense. :D

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

I dont really understand that in words but i will when there are pictures of the config

I think he means an 90° rotated motherboard tray.

I dont really understand that in words but i will when there are pictures of the config 

Hahaha in the next update it will be more clear :P

Oh, yeah that will be dope, i was considering it for my build, but decided against it, just cause of where I have my pc, having a window at the top made more sense. :D

Yea it depends how you like things. Windows on top are really nice too I have that in a few of my builds :)

I think he means an 90° rotated motherboard tray.

Yea pretty much :D

looks like an awesome build, i always love black & white builds

time to follow

Thanks a lot :D

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

wP2jORK.jpg

Motherboard tray is in for test fitting and also so I can work on other stuff inside the case.

You can now see the orientation more clearly :)

Also please ignore any ugly screws for now and also the bare aluminum. In the end it will all be black.

8EQXpFM.jpg

ON1eGAj.jpg

You can see here the cutout I am going to make for a window on the back panel

2QbVQs1.jpg

Plenty of room for cables to connect to in the top

ukqBnE7.jpg

XcGArOn.jpg

ONlQcD8.jpg

And plenty of room for cables in the back :D

YgaEx7m.jpg

Now time to go work on a shroud!

Thanks for checking it out guys and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys,

The shroud for the build is ready.

It's from a 6mm thick piece of opal white acrylic. With some vinyl on it and an LED strip underneath, it should look pretty good :D

jHitcM8.jpg

0K4iAlO.jpg

4vGTw3d.jpg

7GnhZm5.jpg

3AY4rmI.jpg

zZs5DBI.jpg

p7fscIk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Please show how you made the PSU shroud under guides and tutorials!!!

any top exhausts? this is great!!!

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

Now I understand Alex

Haha all good :D

Please show how you made the PSU shroud under guides and tutorials!!!

Unfortunately I don't have any pics but they way I did it is by using a heat gun and clamping the piece of acrylic between two pieces of plywood. Once the acrylic is heated up and is flexible I used another piece of plywood to sorta grab the acrylic piece and bend it down to achieve the 90 degree bend. Hold it like that until it gets solid. If you can get a hand from someone else while doing it you can get them to pour some cold water over the bend in order to cool it and harden it faster.

I'll be working on another shroud this week for another project. I can post some more pics and a detailed tutorial when I make that one :)

any top exhausts? this is great!!!

Cheers :D. No top exhaust, the only fans in this system will be on the front panel with the radiator like I showed before which will bring cool air in. That will sorta get pushed over the system and the only exhaust will be from the PSU. I don't expect this system to get hot at all give that the CPU will be individually cooled by a 60mm thick 360mm radiator and the GTX 960 doesn't run hot at all :)

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys,

Back with another small update on this project.

I've laid most of the components down to sorta get a visual of things and see how I'm gonna paint things, make some covers, backplates and a lot of vinyl work. Everything to tie in to the black and white theme of the MSI PRO MOD S3 as well as the MSI Krait theme I've chosen :)

This is how I usually work, just put everything together and get a good look at things and see what I can modify. I never start a mod with a set plan or design, just an idea of how things could look and most of it gets developed as I work on the system. Seeing what works and what doesn't as well as getting new ideas. Sometimes a mod can turn out differently as to how I see it in my mind the first time I get an idea.

So what I have here is the Intel i5 6600K processor, 8GB of G.Skill DDR4, the MSI GTX 960 and on the motherboard you can see a Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 drive which will be the boot drive for this system. There is also an Intel 535 240GB SDD for some extra storage.

Sb3Yxcv.jpg

6aVgO4j.jpg

c0kJLgx.jpg

z8wNiL0.jpg

CvKb91J.jpg

W52uLJI.jpg

Firstly the RAM will definitely have to be painted white and I will most likely use white Plasi Dip on it just in case I will wanna take it back to stock in the future. I also have some spare ram covers from some Asus Sabertooth motherboards that I have. I will use two of those just to fill the other ram slots. If you're not sure what I mean you'll see in a future update :)

I will be making a custom acrylic cover for the M.2 drive as well as for the Intel SSD and also a backplate for the GPU. I will use 2mm thick white acrylic with black vinyl design.

I'm also thinking of making a simple I/O cover for the motherboard also from white acrylic.

Thanks for checking out this update and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

More hardware shots inside the case :)

Byrhi7M.jpg

Baq7DQ2.jpg

igGldSK.jpg

8nRqNf5.jpg

gNaeJIn.jpg

9oqArxN.jpg

QnI49M8.jpg

Eqw4Cg8.jpg

2Dld219.jpg

qZXOtUG.jpg

BaGApVX.jpg

A look inside the top compartment!

bHffKsd.jpg

hNzRgKL.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Looks badass!

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys,

Did some work on the top panel and also made new side panels. 1.6mm aluminum sheets were used for this and everything was cut by hand with my trusty jig saw and moto saw as well as lots and lots of filing.

Hope you guys like how they turned out and don't worry I didn't forget about the dot in i from MSI haha I have a plan for that :P

hjBBr1h.jpg

TTWT3lR.jpg

As you can see I will use some small hinges to attach the top panel and some larger thumb screws in the front to secure it. There is also a cut out at the bank for cables to run through.

Should all look nice once it's all painted black :)

sagb01S.jpg

2450wux.jpg

C4rgixV.jpg

HkK7BHF.jpg

Here is the work I did on the side panels. I thought an MSI logo will look good on the back panel with some mesh behind it and also some lights. So I started cutting at it followed by lots of filing.

RpgQh4D.jpg

qNIYcPy.jpg

WM80koD.jpg

9KatZ8H.jpg

ICTjEcc.jpg

New windowed panel that will nicely show the motherboard area.

qD1fAwp.jpg

Pretty happy with the end result, I hope you guys agree! I will also have some hinges for the side panels as well, with thumb screws at the front to secure them :)

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

wP2jORK.jpg

Hi guys!

Side panels are on and the back window has been cut. Just need to get some proper screws for the hinges and the case will be ready for powder coating :)

You may also spot the new acrylic on the front panel!

SHTHEA0.jpg

JYtQdXP.jpg

wDvNofB.jpg

Bhf3GWT.jpg

PCXFyRo.jpg

6Nsdg9S.jpg

o8RWLd0.jpg

G1pdm3i.jpg

VyRKFlI.jpg

JaXEkhY.jpg

9wZUBlS.jpg

DVHwQzI.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

the gullwing doors look the best

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Hinged panels are best panels. Looking forward to the powder coating!

Thanks, I like it too and and glad I decided to try it on this build :D

the gullwing doors look the best

Ah yea that would be pretty awesome :P

The I on the MSI logo is bugging me what's happening their lol?

He said he would do something special with it

Yea that's coming once the panel is done, just doing it like this to add some contrast to the panel :)

SIMPLE MODZ