Asus Strix - no custom fan profile?

nm76

Hello. I have a question. Somebody said to me:"No custom fan profile the Strix fans don't start until 60C."

So i cant use custom fan profile in Strix card because fans dont start until 60 C?

You can change it but I don't suggest buying Strix cards at all - low quality components and not a lot of cooling potential.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Use GPUtweak

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

So i can disable 0 db mode and make fans running on idle?

So i can disable 0 db mode and make fans running on idle?

yes you can

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If the heatsink is inherently good though, and if the fans are very effective even at low speeds you might want to just leave it.  If you can get away with not running them normally and only spin them a bit when temps start to go over 60, that sounds great!  I couldn't get away with that on my card though, it has to idle at 30% (lowest it will go) and if I set mine to not rev up until it hit 60 C, it would be silent... silent.. .silent, sudden leaf blower , not to mention it might then toggle on and off full speed as the temps fluctuate, and I don't want that :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You can create a custom fan profile in GPU Tweak II - however there are currently issues where it reverts to default of its own accord.

You're better off doing it in MSI Afterburner and shutting down GPU Tweak altogether.

Also this particular Strix model is solid and well built - don't pay any attention to people who base their comments on the DCU2 cooler cards. That and reviewers who are too stupid to alter fan profiles in what must amount to around 3s worth of work in a program they currently have open.