8 cores for gaming

So I always hear the saying, "you don't need more than 4 cores for gaming", or, "games don't use more than 4 cores". Now I'm not saying you need to go and buy and 8 core cpu to play games, but why do people always assume games will never use more than 4 cores? Here is what my cpu usage looks like playing Grand Theft Auto V:

(Keep in mind that the x5450 is a 4 core cpu and I have 2!)

post-108869-0-72669300-1445032991.png

MAIN RIG: Dell Precision T5500 -CPU: Intel Xeon W5580 (4c,8t@ 3.2ghz,turbo 3.46) -MOTHERBOARD: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -RAM: 16gb ECC DDR3 FBDIMM (Hynix) -GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770  OC WINDFORCE X3 -Case: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -STORAGE: 240gb ADATA Premier SP550 (OS, Programs), 2x 500GB WD Caviar WD5000AAKS (Games, Files) (RAID 0) -PSU: Dell Precision T5500 OEM (875w) -DISPLAY(S): Primary: Acer AL2016w (1680x1050), Left and Right: Gateway FPD1976W (1440x900), Extra displays around the room: 42" Vizio TV (1920x1080) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -KEYBOARD: Logitech G710+ -MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Core -SOUND: Logitech x320 and Razer Electras -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

LAPTOP: Dell Precision M6500 -CPU: Intel Core i7 920xm (4c,8t@2.0ghz,turbo 3.2ghz) -RAM: 12gb DDR3 -GPU: ATi Firepro M7820 -STORAGE: 240gb ADATA Premier SP550 (OS, Programs), 500GB Seagate STL500LM000 SSHD (Games, Files) -DISPLAY: 1920x1200 17.3” -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

SECONDARY RIG: -CPU: 2x Intel Xeon x5450 (4c, 4t ea., 8c, 8t @3ghz total) -MOTHERBOARD: Corvalent BDPEX -RAM: 14GB ECC DDR2 (Mix Match of Brands) -GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 -CASE: No Case (Everything is mounted on the wall in my closet) -STORAGE: 160GB WD Caviar SE WD1600AAJS (OS, Programs, Files) -PSU: 450w BFG -DISPLAY: Samsung UN22D5000 (1920X1080) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5400 Heatsinks and some random fans -KEYBOARD: Logitech G105 -MOUSE: Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional x64

NAS: -CPU: Intel Pentium e2180 (2c, 2t@2ghz) -MOTHERBOARD: HP Compaq DC5800 OEM -RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Unsure of Brand) -CASE: No Case (Everything is mounted on the wall in my closet) -STORAGE: 500GB HGST (Backup) -PSU: HP Compaq DC5800 OEM (300w) -DISPLAY: Samsung UN22D5000 (1920X1080) -COOLING: Cooler Master Hyper 101a (Zip Tied) and some random fans -OPERATING SYSTEM: FreeNAS 9.10 (Running From USB Flash Drive)

FOLDING RIG: Dell Precision T5400 -CPU: 2x Intel Xeon X5450 (4c, 4t ea., 8c, 8t @3ghz total) -MOTHERBOARD: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -RAM: 32gb ECC DDR2 (Hynix) -GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 -CASE: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -STORAGE: 250gb WD 250ABYS (OS, Programs, Files) -PSU: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -DISPLAY: Dell 1707FP (1280x1024) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

PHONE: iPhone 7 32GB Matte Black (Sprint)

Some games do use more than 4 cores but the vast majority are limited to 4 or even 2.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

It is using all the cores, simply because they're there. It's not like the game is only programmed to utilize a select amount of cores. It would probably run similarly with a 4 core, it just may cause more stress.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Because most of the people on this forum have a CPU with 4 threads or less. look at the system requirements on games on the horizon, a lot of them recommend a hyperthreaded CPU.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

While a good quad core CPU is still a good choice for gaming, we are only going to see more games utilizing more cores, especially well optimized ones like GTA V. You may not see as much performance as you would expect with last gen games that may only utilize 2 or 3 cores, but the PS4 having 6 cores available to devs will only make it easier to optimize for more cores on PC.

GTA V is using all the 8 cores but not using all of their power, which I would expect from a console port. More games are utilizing more cores these days, and hopefully we will see even better optimization to make use of all the CPU's power.

So I always hear the saying, "you don't need more than 4 cores for gaming", or, "games don't use more than 4 cores". Now I'm not saying you need to go and buy and 8 core cpu to play games, but why do people always assume games will never use more than 4 cores? Here is what my cpu usage looks like playing Grand Theft Auto V:

(Keep in mind that the x5450 is a 4 core cpu and I have 2!)

What windows version are u on ? I would like that app too.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Gta is a game that uses alot of cores anyways

But i guess it is sort of futureproofing if cpu market stays so slow...

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

I have gone through the gamegpu.ru game data (they are the only place testing lots of CPUs and GPUs against a wide range of gamers over time) and captured data for 6 cores, 4 cores etc going back years. Across 126 games the average benefit to 6 cores over 4c8t is just 1%. In 3/4 of games its 2%. But in that last 25% it ranges from 2% all the way up to 67%. When we talk about the games that do benefit its things like Total war, Battlefield 4, Metro last light, Crysis 3, Far cry 3, Hitman absolution, medal of honour warfighter and project cars. If you went and did a similar exercise for the past few months you would probably see a similar pattern of the big games benefitting by at least 20% over a 4c8t CPU.

The myth that pervades the industry that 4c4t or 4c8t is as good as it gets only remains because most reviewers do not test a wide enough range of games to genuinely capture the difference. It requires SLI/Crossfire and very particular games to get to the difference and its not sufficient to play a genre. If you chose 5 random games odds are none of them would show any difference, but some games show enormous differences going up to 6 cores with high end GPUs. The myth persists because of how terrible the reviews are and that not enough people realise how awesome what gamegpu.ru is actually doing (because its russian).

I have gone through the gamegpu.ru game data (they are the only place testing lots of CPUs and GPUs against a wide range of gamers over time) and captured data for 6 cores, 4 cores etc going back years. Across 126 games the average benefit to 6 cores over 4c8t is just 1%. In 3/4 of games its 2%. But in that last 25% it ranges from 2% all the way up to 67%. When we talk about the games that do benefit its things like Total war, Battlefield 4, Metro last light, Crysis 3, Far cry 3, Hitman absolution, medal of honour warfighter and project cars. If you went and did a similar exercise for the past few months you would probably see a similar pattern of the big games benefitting by at least 20% over a 4c8t CPU.

The myth that pervades the industry that 4c4t or 4c8t is as good as it gets only remains because most reviewers do not test a wide enough range of games to genuinely capture the difference. It requires SLI/Crossfire and very particular games to get to the difference and its not sufficient to play a genre. If you chose 5 random games odds are none of them would show any difference, but some games show enormous differences going up to 6 cores with high end GPUs. The myth persists because of how terrible the reviews are and that not enough people realise how awesome what gamegpu.ru is actually doing (because its russian).

The past=/=now that is what you miss. Look at the change in system requirements in the last games being released. Look at how the i7 SMOKES the i5 in Witcher. Games at the moment are changing to be more CPU dependent and are using more than 4 threads.

The past=/=now that is what you miss. Look at the change in system requirements in the last games being released. Look at how the i7 SMOKES the i5 in Witcher. Games at the moment are changing to be more CPU dependent and are using more than 4 threads.

I am saying the same thing, there is value in having higher end CPUs and the data at gamegpu.ru has been saying this for literally years. But the reviewers still don't show a wide enough array of games otherwise the perception would have changed already. It was probably never true, its just bad testing.

I am saying the same thing, there is value in having higher end CPUs and the data at gamegpu.ru has been saying this for literally years. But the reviewers still don't show a wide enough array of games otherwise the perception would have changed already. It was probably never true, its just bad testing.

Ah, my mistake. I actually fell into this trap when I got my i5. Don't get me wrong I love my little processor that could, but it's not what I need to get through the next few years. So often on this forum I see people telling others that 4 treads is all you need, which then puts people in the position I'm in of having to upgrade a processor months old.

What windows version are u on ? I would like that app too.

I'm running windows 8 Pro at the moment. You need to install 8GadgetPack for gadgets and the program for the gadget is CoreTemp.

(8GadgetPack) http://8gadgetpack.net/

(CoreTemp) http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

(CoreTemp Gadget) http://download.cnet.com/Core-Temp-Gadget/3000-12565_4-75280179.html

MAIN RIG: Dell Precision T5500 -CPU: Intel Xeon W5580 (4c,8t@ 3.2ghz,turbo 3.46) -MOTHERBOARD: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -RAM: 16gb ECC DDR3 FBDIMM (Hynix) -GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770  OC WINDFORCE X3 -Case: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -STORAGE: 240gb ADATA Premier SP550 (OS, Programs), 2x 500GB WD Caviar WD5000AAKS (Games, Files) (RAID 0) -PSU: Dell Precision T5500 OEM (875w) -DISPLAY(S): Primary: Acer AL2016w (1680x1050), Left and Right: Gateway FPD1976W (1440x900), Extra displays around the room: 42" Vizio TV (1920x1080) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5500 OEM -KEYBOARD: Logitech G710+ -MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Core -SOUND: Logitech x320 and Razer Electras -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

LAPTOP: Dell Precision M6500 -CPU: Intel Core i7 920xm (4c,8t@2.0ghz,turbo 3.2ghz) -RAM: 12gb DDR3 -GPU: ATi Firepro M7820 -STORAGE: 240gb ADATA Premier SP550 (OS, Programs), 500GB Seagate STL500LM000 SSHD (Games, Files) -DISPLAY: 1920x1200 17.3” -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

SECONDARY RIG: -CPU: 2x Intel Xeon x5450 (4c, 4t ea., 8c, 8t @3ghz total) -MOTHERBOARD: Corvalent BDPEX -RAM: 14GB ECC DDR2 (Mix Match of Brands) -GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 285 -CASE: No Case (Everything is mounted on the wall in my closet) -STORAGE: 160GB WD Caviar SE WD1600AAJS (OS, Programs, Files) -PSU: 450w BFG -DISPLAY: Samsung UN22D5000 (1920X1080) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5400 Heatsinks and some random fans -KEYBOARD: Logitech G105 -MOUSE: Logitech M215 Wireless Mouse -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional x64

NAS: -CPU: Intel Pentium e2180 (2c, 2t@2ghz) -MOTHERBOARD: HP Compaq DC5800 OEM -RAM: 2GB DDR2 (Unsure of Brand) -CASE: No Case (Everything is mounted on the wall in my closet) -STORAGE: 500GB HGST (Backup) -PSU: HP Compaq DC5800 OEM (300w) -DISPLAY: Samsung UN22D5000 (1920X1080) -COOLING: Cooler Master Hyper 101a (Zip Tied) and some random fans -OPERATING SYSTEM: FreeNAS 9.10 (Running From USB Flash Drive)

FOLDING RIG: Dell Precision T5400 -CPU: 2x Intel Xeon X5450 (4c, 4t ea., 8c, 8t @3ghz total) -MOTHERBOARD: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -RAM: 32gb ECC DDR2 (Hynix) -GPU: Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 -CASE: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -STORAGE: 250gb WD 250ABYS (OS, Programs, Files) -PSU: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -DISPLAY: Dell 1707FP (1280x1024) -COOLING: Dell Precision T5400 OEM -OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro x64

PHONE: iPhone 7 32GB Matte Black (Sprint)

@App4that, months old is pure hyperbole.  Yes, there are claims that DX12 and Vulkan will make multithreading easier (although DX11 made the same claims) and that is likely to push developers into doing a little extra work so people with more cores and/or hyper threading see gains.  However that also doesn't immediately mean that 4 cores will instantly start to run like shit, stutter, etc.  A large section of the gaming market runs an i5 right now and many folks can't or won't run right out to upgrade.  

Advising an i7 purchase for gaming right now is still unnecessary.  If DX12's multithreading support turns out to be mostly puffery, then 4 cores will likely remain the standard.  Yes you'll have specific games like the Witcher that are really done to be high end games and demand high end rigs to perform, but most studios are just going to optimize the thing for four cores and release it if it takes significant man hours to go beyond that.  Plus developers have to deal with the fact people can't afford to or just won't run out tomorrow and buy an i7.  Right now the i7 is like the 980Ti SLI, if you want a certain caliber of experience and can put the money down, yes, get it.  i7 or getting on the X99 should be prioritized over things like SSDs or such, but months old is a bit much.  

@App4that, months old is pure hyperbole.  Yes, there are claims that DX12 and Vulkan will make multithreading easier (although DX11 made the same claims) and that is likely to push developers into doing a little extra work so people with more cores and/or hyper threading see gains.  However that also doesn't immediately mean that 4 cores will instantly start to run like shit, stutter, etc.  A large section of the gaming market runs an i5 right now and many folks can't or won't run right out to upgrade.  

Advising an i7 purchase for gaming right now is still unnecessary.  If DX12's multithreading support turns out to be mostly puffery, then 4 cores will likely remain the standard.  Yes you'll have specific games like the Witcher that are really done to be high end games and demand high end rigs to perform, but most studios are just going to optimize the thing for four cores and release it if it takes significant man hours to go beyond that.  Plus developers have to deal with the fact people can't afford to or just won't run out tomorrow and buy an i7.  Right now the i7 is like the 980Ti SLI, if you want a certain caliber of experience and can put the money down, yes, get it.  i7 or getting on the X99 should be prioritized over things like SSDs or such, but months old is a bit much.  

lol, my advise is to check on things before you comment. I built my rig in the first week of September, as of this message it is October 17th, so I was being nice and maybe should have said month old. You may have built a rig to play Candy Crush on Ultra but I had kind of hoped to play Fallout 4 at higher settings. "But it's not out yet and recommended specs always go over what is really needed" Right? Is that why Game Debate had to change the recommended specs they had listed before the specs were announced from a low i5 to what Bethesda has listed a 4790K? I actually had someone link to Game Debates specs for Fallout 4 before they changed them in a discussion just, like, this one. Why you cling to the idea that 4 threads is enough for current high level games I just can't answer. GTA v, Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, Cities Skylines, Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield, all have benchmarks captured on YouTube showing tens of fps gained with 4790Ks over 4690Ks. The difference between the 4690K and the 6700K is embarrassing, and you should feel bad.

@App4that,

Congrats on your new rig and I'm sorry you didn't spec out sufficient CPU power for what you wanted.  While that may piss you off, that doesn't change the reality that lots of people doing builds on budgets, and limited to 1080p, 60 fps monitors and other things or are just fine with only getting into the 50s for FPS in some games.  I would direct to my previous comment about going i7 or X99 for high end builds over frills like SSDs.  For folks doing rigs on budgets though, reaching for the i7 still makes little sense and the month comment strikes me more as butthurt over your i5 not doing what you personally want out of it rather than being accurate for most folks who are doing this on a budget.

@App4that,

Congrats on your new rig and I'm sorry you didn't spec out sufficient CPU power for what you wanted.  While that may piss you off, that doesn't change the reality that lots of people doing builds on budgets, and limited to 1080p, 60 fps monitors and other things or are just fine with only getting into the 50s for FPS in some games.  I would direct to my previous comment about going i7 or X99 for high end builds over frills like SSDs.  For folks doing rigs on budgets though, reaching for the i7 still makes little sense and the month comment strikes me more as butthurt over your i5 not doing what you personally want out of it rather than being accurate for most folks who are doing this on a budget.

We're missing each other somehow. I've got a 60hz 1080p monitor, no need to go over 60fps. I want to hit 60fps though. My GPU is up to the task and then some, my dips come from the CPU. Again, the 4690K is a great CPU, I'm actually impressed with it. Overclocked to 4.6GHz it gets better Cinebench scores than a i7 3770, that's impressive. I'm not butthurt over my build, I'm butthurt that I see people like you misleading other people new to the hobby. I was one of those people. Maybe the 6600k will prove itself as good as the 4770, who knows. I know very few who don't have a budget, I also don't know anyone who wants to see their games have issues because the CPU they were told by you was enough, isn't.

there is a difference between "using" and "using optimally"...

most games are "using" 8 cores. But they just throw some shit at it without being very efficient about it. So you load up all cores, but they arent really being pushed...

% load is often mis-judged by programs. The core is quite often just read as "busy", but not "at this % capacity".....

See it's stuff like this where I never recommend less than a I7 4790k for sli builds, and even then clearly it still makes a huge difference (note the same very significant 4.7 Ghz overclock)

Even with gpu utilization hovering around 100% and cpu being much less the 6 core beast constantly outperforms the 4 core by significant margins (and this is true max settings fps 4k, even aa is left turned up so it's as gpu limited as it can be).

And you want to tell me an I5 is sufficient for sli? Bullshit I say.

(And yes this is slightly off topic but still).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Most of my games uses 6 to 8 but the old ones uses 1! :P

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro