Mechanical keyboard design help

Does alps use the stem for the click or no? If they do, then you might be able to swap stems...

Also, I stand (or sit, as the situation permits) corrected.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Does alps use the stem for the click or no? If they do, then you might be able to swap stems...

Also, I stand (or sit, as the situation permits) corrected.

The alps on the apple are non standard pins, height, and stem.

They are your typical modern apple thing. Incompatible with everything else.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The alps on the apple are non standard pins, height, and stem.

They are your typical modern apple thing. Incompatible with everything else.

Well, I think I've actually seen those before. They look like those weird low profile alps switches, which I think you can actually get off of old keyboards. You might be able to find them in quiet click, if you get really, really lucky.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Using some female headers to make socketed switches would be nice. So you could change out switches the way you like. I personally like blues a lot but I think my keyboard would be better with a green on the spacebar and a black on backspace. The LED's would also need to be socketed to be able to remove the switches which is nice, because it also lets you choose a different color LED, making RGB less necessary.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Well, I think I've actually seen those before. They look like those weird low profile alps switches, which I think you can actually get off of old keyboards. You might be able to find them in quiet click, if you get really, really lucky.

Idk, I think it would be best to go with a more proper solution.

The ergo pro is basically my ideal keyboard, I might just shell out the 200$ for that.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."