Mechanical keyboard design help

Hey! i'm working on a project to design a perfect keyboard for every gamer.

If you want to see something in the final product, leave a reply below (parts, RGB lights etc.)

Good luck lmao...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Are you serious? What can you bring to the table that other keyboards haven't already done? RGB lights have been done dude...

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project! Follow your own topic. 

IMO something like freelancer.com would be more suitable for hiring than this forum. You're only asking for trouble with stuff like copyright and patents going off the books...

numpad

aluminum

RGB

mechanical

macros

cheap

tilted

multimedia keys

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

wrong forum!
go check out deskthority.com

people design keybaords from scratch there all the time

also, im a huge fan of numpad on the left side, it means i dont have to stop using the mouse to use it, and it solves the optimal spcing of hands that a 10 keyless keyboard does

10- Keyless and no retarded looking keys, keep it simple 

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

adjustable angled feet (feet that adjust with screws so that you can adjust it to a specific angle)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

No keyboard at all, design a helmet that types what you think. Do some real technical break though... can you imagine just thinkig about moving forward and strafing to the right to kill an enemy and your pc does it without you pressing any keys? Gaming by just looking at the screen... being able to use a full pc with out hands, typing school papers just by thinking your paper? That i would pay for

Edit: games could be made and designed to test brain recactions instead of eye-hand coordination.

Volume knob/wheel. The ones on the Corsair K series keyboards are a definite must have for me, and I'm sure that anyone else who has one would say the same.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Great advices! Numpad will be included. Media buttons, play/stop and volume control (wheel thingy). Aluminum body is a must, wrist rest is included. I agree with "keep it simple".  Cheap is a must. RGB with computer program is also included.

What about size? Massive or keep it small and simple?

Also, headphones and microphone port on the side?

SLIDERS! Seriously, I would love a keyboard to have a slider for volume control, all the way to the right (Or top) is max volume, all the way to the left (Or bottom) is mute. Hate most of the other implementations of controlling volume from a keyboard. 

I don't think you can do anything else that no company has already done with mechanical keyboards... Sorry but its the truth. RGB, Done. Wrist rest, Done. Cable management, Done. Macro keys, Done. Windows lock button, Done. Detachable cable, Done. USB ports, Done. Audio jacks, Done. All the good features are already available. Sorry but good luck anyways. :)

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

Aluminum

Split

Adjustable tenting/tilt at same time

No led lighting

Matias quiet click switches

But that's just me

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Great advices! Numpad will be included. Media buttons, play/stop and volume control (wheel thingy). Aluminum body is a must, wrist rest is included. I agree with "keep it simple".  Cheap is a must. RGB with computer program is also included.

What about size? Massive or keep it small and simple?

Also, headphones and microphone port on the side?

Full size boards present a lot of issues with size for mouse pads (which are really more important if you play FPS...) So honestly, a split board like the Ergodox infinity would be ideal. 

Aluminum

Split

Adjustable tenting/tilt at same time

No led lighting

Matias quiet click switches

But that's just me

Why not just make it alps and MX compatible? Also, if it's a kit, you don't need to add lights... Definitely split though, and I would add that the aluminum must be coated or anodized, due to fingerprints. Also, smaller or split would make more sense for gamers, since they like to go to LAN parties, or whatever. Also, backlighting would be cool (look at GON keyboards to see what I mean.)

Also, plate mounted is a requirement, and be aware that different metals can give different feels in the plate, so offering stainless steel plates in addition to anodized aluminum ones would be a plus. 

The thing is that if you want to appeal to everyone, you end up appealing to no one, because there are too many different tastes. For instance, I'm going to be building my own board here pretty soon, and it's a 60%, with aluminum plate and case (case is bronze, and plate is purple) and it's going to have some Zealio switches, along with magenta pink LEDs, and a really good PCB. Also, it's going to have some Tai Hao miami key caps. 

I'm also probably going to be getting a custom hubble themed TKL here pretty soon. These are things that you can't cater to in a single board. Also, I would posit that SIP sockets are better than RGB LEDs, because you can tune the lighting you want, and you don't have to deal with any bullshit software. Macros, etc. Should all be doable on the board alone.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Full size boards present a lot of issues with size for mouse pads (which are really more important if you play FPS...) So honestly, a split board like the Ergodox infinity would be ideal.

Why not just make it alps and MX compatible? Also, if it's a kit, you don't need to add lights... Definitely split though, and I would add that the aluminum must be coated or anodized, due to fingerprints. Also, smaller or split would make more sense for gamers, since they like to go to LAN parties, or whatever. Also, backlighting would be cool (look at GON keyboards to see what I mean.)

Also, plate mounted is a requirement, and be aware that different metals can give different feels in the plate, so offering stainless steel plates in addition to anodized aluminum ones would be a plus.

The thing is that if you want to appeal to everyone, you end up appealing to no one, because there are too many different tastes. For instance, I'm going to be building my own board here pretty soon, and it's a 60%, with aluminum plate and case (case is bronze, and plate is purple) and it's going to have some Zealio switches, along with magenta pink LEDs, and a really good PCB. Also, it's going to have some Tai Hao miami key caps.

I'm also probably going to be getting a custom hubble themed TKL here pretty soon. These are things that you can't cater to in a single board. Also, I would posit that SIP sockets are better than RGB LEDs, because you can tune the lighting you want, and you don't have to deal with any bullshit software. Macros, etc. Should all be doable on the board alone.

Oh that 60% keyboard looks like it will be cool.

How much does it cost to make a keyboard?

I might do that.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I might do that.

Making a keyboard is very expensive, but since I plan to make them, that isn't a big problem. But, it is really expensive to make one.

I might do that.

For parts with my board, I'm close to $400 in. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

For parts with my board, I'm close to $400 in.

Hmm.

But I have yet to find my perfect keyboard.

Apple adjustable keyboard is close, and I own it, but the switches fail, and it doesn't have enough tilt options.

Mattias ergo pro is also close.

Hmm.

But I have yet to find my perfect keyboard.

Apple adjustable keyboard is close, and I own it, but the switches fail, and it doesn't have enough tilt options.

Mattias ergo pro is also close.

why not desolder the creams and replace them with quiet click? That would make the adjustable perfect for you...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

why not desolder the creams and replace them with quiet click? That would make the adjustable perfect for you...

Not the same pins. I checked.

Not the same pins. I checked.

I don't believe you :P

Hey! New SIgnature!