Xbox One is now more powerful than the PS4

TopWargamer

Is that like memory bandwidth??

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

My first thought is my pc still wins. Second thought is that I'm still happy with my xbox 360 arcade with it's component cables when I want to game on a console

Edit: Oh, and PS4 will just upgrade their specs to meet the xbox

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Hmm I don't see it as a big selling point. With current gen consoles, I've never heard anyone say "I bought a PS3/Xbox because it's faster than the Xbox/PS3" and I'd bet that will continue to these consoles. 

It's all about the games and service. 

Hmm I don't see it as a big selling point. With current gen consoles, I've never heard anyone say "I bought a PS3/Xbox because it's faster than the Xbox/PS3" and I'd bet that will continue to these consoles. 

Agreed, just wanted to point this out though. 

COMIC SANS

Trololololo

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I just want my steam library and console library to be sinked, oh wait I can use Big Picture and my laptop!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

It seriously doesn't matter. Games on the XB1 and PS4 will look identical.

Edit: Oh, and PS4 will just upgrade their specs to meet the xbox

No, it's too late into the production cycle.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

It seriously doesn't matter. Games on the XB1 and PS4 will look identical.

No, it's too late into the production cycle.

Oh, I didn't know Sony had started production... I should probably pay more attention to this topic before posting

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Extremely bias blogger.Clearly he does not know how bandwidth works.

Yepp

It's a blog post from someone who is just combine numbers so make something seem better. 

The 360 had edram not esram. But it still had the unified memory.

I've also seen a lot of people in the tech/video game industry act like the esram was something new to consoles when the 360 has the same architecture. It just now has a x86 processor. That is literally the only thing that's different. It had shared ram for system and graphics also. This isn't new yet everyone acts like it is and is the future.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

For one, anything at this point is most likely speculation. Secondly, how can you just add bandwidth together like that? It doesn't even make sense. In reality, the consoles will likely be extremely similar in performance.

CPU: Intel 3570k (4.3) MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme6 GPU: Gigabyte Windforce HD 7970 RAM: 4x4 Gb Samsung Ultra Low Profile DDR3-1600mhz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Storage: 250GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (Boot), 3TB Seagate Barracuda Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (black)  PSU: Corsair TX750M  Peripherals: Rosewill

rk-9000, Gigabyte M8000x, Sennheiser PX 200-II, Asus VS247H-P 23.6" 1080p TN panel

If we are to go off of theoretical numbers (which has been fair game for the PS4 fanboys thus far), the One destroys the PS4 with 260 GB/s vs. 176 GB/s overall RAM speed.

Where to start. You can't combine the speeds of 2 differnt memory clustors. Different bits are written to the memory individually. Even if they tried to run them in paralell the DDR3 would bottleneck the ES actually slowing performance.

8GB of 170Gb/s Ram vs 32 MB of 190Gb/s Ram.

I'd say that 32MB isn't enough to store textures on...

Textures are going to be the only real advantage for the faster memory

But my assumption is that, it is common sense. Maybe I give too much credit.

PS4, no advantage: Xbox One, their CPU's are identical.

PS4 (reported) max CPU clock 2.75Ghz.

Xbox One (reported) max CPU clock 1.60Ghz

developers have a guaranteed 4.5 GB to play with on the PS4, and 5 GB on the One.  Advantage: Xbox.

Fair point. More memory accessible by Dev's on the Xbone.

All in all. It looks like he's trying not to be biased. Just lacking some common sense.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

But the actual GPU in the xbox is still alot slower isn't it? Even with the increase in clock speed.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31900-ps4-and-xbox-one-gpu-specs-officially-released/

Also, I was thinking the same thing with the RAM speed as what SubTract was.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

the fact is that cross-platform games will run nearly identical on both systems. developers don't want to waste time changing the graphics for each system. for exclusives there's no point in comparing them because if the game is exclusive you cannot compare it to another, different exclusive on another system. just get a pc and be happy. 

Current PC: Chimera, Because AMD and Nvidia belong together

| CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P | RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB SC | Case: CM N600 | PSU: Corsair CX 600W(Overkill but I was originaly planning for a 970) | Moniter: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24" |

Left five, Don't cut, Be brave.

The return of Blast Processing?  No way!!!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

PS4 CPU & GPU much faster than those of XBone... plus, you don't "add" memory bandwidth like that.

Though once a fanboy feels their product is inferior or someone else attacks them for it, they'll love to see charts and comparisons like this.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

This is not an article. Its a guy's blog on their site.

You can't just add the bandwidth of 2 types of memory. Ever hear of the phrase "the chain is only as strong as the weakest link"? Well the eSRAM will help a bit, but its not a game changer compared to GDDR5.

A clock speed change on the X1 GPU isn't going to change anything. its like a slightly overclocked 7790 vs a 7850, the 7850 is still going to win because more hardware on the die is enabled.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Inaccurate and misleading graph.

In terms of real life performance GDDR5 ought to outperform DDR3 with 32MB of eSRAM. It's a single bank of memory versus two banks, and is faster overall.

Also keep in mind that developers are guaranteed access to more than just 4.5GB of the RAM. The PS4 has flexible memory - another at least 1GB is reserved for games and according to Sony it offers some nice opportunities to developers.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff