Star wars Battle front's ludicrous pc requirements

Darth-Marius

so much for not needing more than 8 gbs of ram.....

but honestly i doubt the game will need anywhere near that much 

Not sure why you believe people when they say things like that.

First it was 2Gb, then it was 4GB, then 8GB... People making the claims "you'll never need more than X of this certain thing" don;t understand how computer technology evolves.

Not sure why you believe people when they say things like that.

First it was 2Gb, then it was 4GB, then 8GB... People making the claims "you'll never need more than X of this certain thing" don;t understand how computer technology evolves.

i dont.. hence my system having 16 gbs.... 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

When I played it in the closed alpha it ran perfectly on both my desktop and my laptop so I wouldn't worry.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Would be interested to see the actual RAM utilization and whether it ever exceeds 8GB

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/star-wars-battlefront-2015

budget pc users beware! seriously, 8 gb of ram minimum?! gtx 970, 16 gb ram, and Intel 6600 recommended?!?!

Digital Foundry was running significantly above 60 fps on ultra with an R9 290x, an i7-4790, and 8 GB system RAM in the three stages they released on the beta.

so much for not needing more than 8 gbs of ram.....

but honestly i doubt the game will need anywhere near that much 

You don't need more than 8GB of ram for most things.

The "official" system requirements are something people should never take seriously.

The game would run fine even with 6GB of ram, remember, ram is not the most important thing.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

The requirements are BS I'm playing the Beta right now maxed on my GTX670OC around 50-60fps:
gallery_24650_1098_353573.jpeg

RTX2070OC 

The requirements are BS I'm playing the Beta right now maxed on my GTX670OC around 50-60fps:

Pity that Frostbite Engine doesn't get licensed outside of EA.

Doesn't seem shocking to me... The RAM is a bit high but I guarantee that most of this is just EA/DICE covering their ass. I have no doubt that an APU could handle this game tbh.

Could you screen shot your ram usage? To show 16GB isn't required.

http://gamesystemrequirements.com/game/star-wars-battlefront-2015

budget pc users beware! seriously, 8 gb of ram minimum?! gtx 970, 16 gb ram, and Intel 6600 recommended?!?!

HA HA!!

beat ya too it :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

How can you be playing now??

it isn't 8th yet :P ?????????

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

How can you be playing now??

it isn't 8th yet :P ?????????

They are giving out early access codes which is why so many are also streaming on twitch.

I got mine from a DICE developer on twitter :)

RTX2070OC 

Could you screen shot your ram usage? To show 16GB isn't required.

I have only 8GB of ram and there is 0 stutter or anything even after hours of playing so I doubt but I'm going to make a screenshot anyway as you got me curious now :)

Also we don't know how the performance on foliage high levels like Endor is going to be.

RTX2070OC 

I have only 8GB of ram and there is 0 stutter or anything even after hours of playing so I doubt but I'm going to make a screenshot anyway as you got me curious now :)

Also we don't know how the performance on foliage high levels like Endor is going to be.

I'm really curious as well. My guess would be around 5-6GB.

I'm really curious as well. My guess would be around 5-6GB.

The usage is around 4,9GB with an almost full round of Walker Assualt on Hoth.

On maps liek ENdor with full 40 player it will probably go up to 5,5GB but even then then it still not enough to come close to needing 16GB unless you like to have 10 Chrome tabs open while playing.

gallery_24650_3404_478545.png

RTX2070OC 

No Game need 16GBRam and i see no Reason why my i5 should habe Problems. I dont will buy it anytime soon though. Wait and see what EA try to sell us.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The usage is around 4,9GB with an almost full round of Walker Assualt on Hoth.

On maps liek ENdor with full 40 player it will probably go up to 5,5GB but even then then it still not enough to come close to needing 16GB unless you like to have 10 Chrome tabs open while playing.

Wow haha. I figured as much. Way to make people stress out about not having enough RAM EA.

Oh, look, system requirements for a game ended up being weird and probably inaccurate. What a shock.

It's Frostbite 3 engine. It's probably going to behave a lot like other Frostbite 3 engine games.

They are giving out early access codes which is why so many are also streaming on twitch.

I got mine from a DICE developer on twitter :)

Ahhh!

kk :P

Those fuckers. I thought it was going to be open 12am today. Fuck, it's 12pm. I guess me and my crew are sleeping tonight.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack