SAO like VR to be soon here?

WhiteSkyMage

MindMaze has taken a step further to let us play VR handsfree. I thought that's going to come after 2020, but tech is too fast... Prepare for SAO like experience. Gaming will go to VR, not to 8K monitors...

http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/04/mindleap-game-system-is-powered-by-players-brainwaves-no-controller-needed/2/

How the heck is this possible, I don't know, since writing to a brain/plugging your brain to a PC is going to possibly fry it, or maybe it's just my poor biology knowledge....is this just another crazy false source?

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Remeber that kids toy where you wore a band around your head and with "brain wave concentration" you made a ball float

some witchery like that I supposed

SAO = Over-rated animu. 

It'll be a long time before you can get a full SAO VR-like reality to be possible. Also, this just reminded me of the first time i learnt about VR. It was in the Millenium Dome in London, and the fuckers tried charging £15 for a 10 minute go on a VR machine for some crappy generic war game.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It'll be a couple years before we get a full SAO experience. The early adopters will probably get stuck inside the game or something so it's best to wait a couple gens first  ;)

Actually that's what I wish - I go there and not go back. This world is ROTTEN and I hate it. I will do my c++ coding inside there :D schools and offices in real life are becoming boring...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

the technology not fully developed, it still in prototype stage. I no think it will fully replace keyboard and mouse because controlling game with head into a monitor different from what the SAO show you where you see, smell, and feel the pixel grass and horse like you is basically real life but in your head digitally. But maybe some technology soon able to stimulate your brain and nerve to make this possible in future. Like that matrix movie. very scary 

I     own     alienware     computer     XPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

the technology not fully developed, it still in prototype stage. I no think it will fully replace keyboard and mouse because controlling game with head into a monitor different from what the SAO show you where you see, smell, and feel the pixel grass and horse like you is basically real life but in your head digitally. But maybe some technology soon able to stimulate your brain and nerve to make this possible in future. Like that matrix movie. very scary

But you will still see,hear, feel and smell. It tracks everything in the brain. It is made for medicine after all ....and now...GAMING! Hah. It will do great. Seems like Oculus is in partnership. It's going to work! Oculus CV1, then this....

It'll be a couple years before we get a full SAO experience. The early adopters will probably get stuck inside the game or something so it's best to wait a couple gens first  ;)

Do I get to do cool stuff in said game? Then it's worth it. No seriously though, I am determined to be one of the early adopters. I will pay the outrageous price, and I will enjoy every moment.

Sadly it'll be a lot longer than a couple years before we see anything relevant, but if it happens sooner than I think, then I will be even happier! The technology is kind of there. We have what the OP posted and what the University of Washington has, which allows people to (very subtly) control another person's body. Right now it's very limited in functionality, but it's a huge step forward to what we'll need. We'll need a system like that (University of Washington device) that "hijacks" our movements and whatnot and translates them into in game movements. Same goes for sight and sound, but those will probably be trickier things to accomplish... Would be much easier to just use an Oculus Rift or something like that in combination with your own headphones.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/08/27/researcher-controls-colleagues-motions-in-1st-human-brain-to-brain-interface/

COMIC SANS

If people are selling datajacks I'll be probably wait a bit for the bugs to be fixed but after that HELL YEAH.  Imagine all the dermal-layer cybernetics and skillwares you could control with something like that...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

But you will still see,hear, feel and smell. It tracks everything in the brain. It is made for medicine after all ....and now...GAMING! Hah. It will do great. Seems like Oculus is in partnership. It's going to work! Oculus CV1, then this....

article only say the man control orb ball thing to move with his head, only seeing and hearing you will be seeing is the monitor and speakers. No of these feel and smells stuff. Im talk about the REAL shit where the device stimulates your brain and nerves to make it seem like its real life but with a HUD.

We'll need a system like that (University of Washington device) that "hijacks" our movements and whatnot and translates them into in game movements. Same goes for sight and sound, but those will probably be trickier things to accomplish... Would be much easier to just use an Oculus Rift or something like that in combination with your own headphones.

what this man say go with what i try to say, it is very different because device you show can be think of as a controller in your head, or keyboard and mouse. It then translates the "buttons" and "keys" you are trying to press in your head onto the monitor. Very different from SAO experience

I     own     alienware     computer     XPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

If you've watched and read it, it's not that simple... this is still way too far from the FullDive VR tech used in the novels...

and FullDive on its own is a set of huge problems in the fields of both engineering and medicine... (I did a basic study of this back in my early engineering days)

We have SAO-like games right now. WoW, for example. Lots of players have been stuck inside for 2+ years.

(Sorry, WoW players.)

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

There is already oculus rift and oculus touch etc, just need a new way to move your character maybe

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

I doubt we will have a Sao experience for another decade or two.

The risks are huuuuugee! Like brain damage or just plain death.

@NubSmoo yeah but that's not even the same thing.

It's going to happen. But soon? Probably not.

article only say the man control orb ball thing to move with his head, only seeing and hearing you will be seeing is the monitor and speakers. No of these feel and smells stuff. Im talk about the REAL shit where the device stimulates your brain and nerves to make it seem like its real life but with a HUD.

what this man say go with what i try to say, it is very different because device you show can be think of as a controller in your head, or keyboard and mouse. It then translates the "buttons" and "keys" you are trying to press in your head onto the monitor. Very different from SAO experience

If you've watched and read it, it's not that simple... this is still way too far from the FullDive VR tech used in the novels...

and FullDive on its own is a set of huge problems in the fields of both engineering and medicine... (I did a basic study of this back in my early engineering days)

Guys I know this right now is really a prototype and can do very little. However, the technology is there - if they can use the brainwaves, that's enough to control a character in a game and now they just need he environment where everybody is going to be "socializing". If say this is the biggest issue since, in order to "keep the experience running", the COMPUTE power needed is beyond the reach. People will now struggle to get the hardware to drive the Oculus Rift, but this "REAL VR" would take time...but it will come sooner than everyone thinks... If I have to say, really MAX 5 years and we'lll be in SAO...

We have SAO-like games right now. WoW, for example. Lots of players have been stuck inside for 2+ years.

(Sorry, WoW players.)

11 years here. Just stopped.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Guys I know this right now is really a prototype and can do very little. However, the technology is there - if they can use the brainwaves, that's enough to control a character in a game and now they just need he environment where everybody is going to be "socializing". If say this is the biggest issue since, in order to "keep the experience running", the COMPUTE power needed is beyond the reach. People will now struggle to get the hardware to drive the Oculus Rift, but this "REAL VR" would take time...but it will come sooner than everyone thinks... If I have to say, really MAX 5 years and we'lll be in SAO...

It's not just brainwaves...

Basically, you need to alter the entire 'perception' (5 senses) of the person through electromagnetic interfernce in the brain... which makes fulldive possible, but extremely difficult... my prediction is that this tech (as it appeared in the novels) will be initially realized within 50 years... we're still too early in the game to call it...

(you should read the novels... they explain a bit more in-depth about the tech...)

11 years here. Just stopped.

Either congratulations or I'm so sorry for you. Which is it?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Either congratulations or I'm so sorry for you. Which is it?

Neither? I enjoyed the time, game just isn't what it used to be.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon