Beard shave or trim?

as96

What do you do?

I'm thinking about getting a trimmer since I'm lazy and that would take less than a minute.

Don't shave, you'll look 20 years younger.

on myself - clean shave.

i'm not manly enough to have a full beard, i just have spots here and there...

Trim for sure, feels better than both clean and full and requires minimal maintenance.

That's what I was thinking too, I'll probably look for a cheap trimmer on Amazon.

I went from clean shave to a Vandyke when I was about 17, then I went to full beard when I was 19. I shave my neck, cheeks and below my mouth and trim. 

Not everyone can pull off a beard and most of my friends have horribly patchy facial hair (one of them stopped shaving and it really looks like pubes in his face). That being said, if you can pull it off, pull it off.

Definitely a trim, needs to be shaped as well though.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I went from clean shave to a Vandyke when I was about 17, then I went to full beard when I was 19. I shave my neck, cheeks and below my mouth and trim. 

Not everyone can pull off a beard and most of my friends have horribly patchy facial hair (one of them stopped shaving and it really looks like pubes in his face). That being said, if you can pull it off, pull it off.

Mine's not patchy but a full blown probably doesn't really fit me, around my mouth it still isn't dense enough.

I'll probably go with trimmed.

Mine's not patchy but a full blown probably doesn't really fit me, around my mouth it still isn't dense enough.

I'll probably go with trimmed.

My gf gets mad when I shave my beard off! ;-)  I used to have a very, very short trimmed beard. Now I have a full blown as you call it. It is more work than just trimming it very short though. So just go with trimming it every morning. I would suggest doing a close shave on your neck though. Looks way better when you have a clear cut border.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

From personal experience, relationship determines that one! :D

Girlfriend doesn't like beards so I shave. Every so often I have lazy days, though she complains of scratchy face when I try to kiss her.

My gf gets mad when I shave my beard off! ;-)  I used to have a very, very short trimmed beard. Now I have a full blown as you call it. It is more work than just trimming it very short though. So just go with trimming it every morning. I would suggest doing a close shave on your neck though. Looks way better when you have a clear cut border.

From personal experience, relationship determines that one! :D

Girlfriend doesn't like beards so I shave. Every so often I have lazy days, though she complains of scratchy face when I try to kiss her.

Ha, my ex loved the Vandyke I used to have. She demanded trimming, but she didn't want me to shave clean either. 

As I sidenote, almost every woman I know is crazy about beards and loves mine. That a German thing?

Ha, my ex loved the Vandyke I used to have. She demanded trimming, but she didn't want me to shave clean either. 

As I sidenote, almost every woman I know is crazy about beards and loves mine. That a German thing?

I guess it really depends. I know enough women who don't like beards at all....also Germans. I feel lucky though. I like having a beard.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Strange, I live in the Netherlands and Germany is about 10min away for me.

Most dutch woman do not like the beard, when I drive to Gemany and go out, they just love the beard.

German woman > dutch woman.  :D

I guess its a awesome German thing.

Edited by Stadiz

No clue, m8. In my case specifically a guy with face fuzz reminds her of her dad giving her kisses as a kid and that's something she doesn't want to think of when being romantic with someone lol. I also know some women who LOVE the mountain guy look! Depends on individual preference there.

Strange, I live in the Netherlands and Germany is about 10min away for me.

Most dutch woman do not like the beard, when I drive to Gemany and go out, they just love the beard.

German woman > dutch woman.  :D

I guess its a awesome German thing.

I used to live in Aachen, but I never crossed the border really... well, good luck with the German girls then ;)

I do a clean shave since I have some empty spots and it looks weird.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Don't have a beard you will look like one of those metro fags either have some stubble if you can pull it off or just clean shave.

Clean shave. Don't look like some hipster or fedora wearing neckbeard.

I'm assuming you're in your 20's.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Ask your gf. Women know best

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Clean shave or trim. On almost all guys a huge beard looks fucking disgusting.

Clean shave or trim. On almost all guys a huge beard looks fucking disgusting.

Unless they're jacked.

God damn do I like built guys with well kept beards. Lots of homo tho. Other than it makes guys look like plebes.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build