2 x 4Gb or 1 x 8Gb of Ram?

Go to solution Solved by Jacktastic-Mofo,

I've had 1x8, 2x8, 2x4, and now 4x4 and I haven't seen a difference in performance at all. If you plan on upgrading in the future to 32GB's of RAM than go with the 1x8 but if you only really see yourself ever using a max of 16GB's go with the 2x4. (personally I think it looks better.)

@STRMfrmXMN

What about XFX? Im looking to upgrade my psu and don't have any experience with XFX. XFX or EVGA's psu?

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

Money better spent: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-hcg620m

Unless you plan on going SLI/xfire later 620W is fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

@STRMfrmXMN

What about XFX? Im looking to upgrade my psu and don't have any experience with XFX. XFX or EVGA's psu?

Everything from XFX is made by Seasonic so they're safe to put in your system :) Some aren't the best value as they're based on Seasonic designs that cost less when sold directly under a Seasonic label and also rebrands from other companies (look at the messyness of the various Seasonic SSR units from XFX and EVGA as well as being sold under the Seasonic names).

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

So should i get semi modular instead of a full modular?

Depends on your building scenario. Often it can actually be better to have semi-modular connections as the essential cables are closest to the places they need to hook up to but apart from that modular is usually better. In the case of the Antec HCG vs the Seasonic I would just buy the Antec for the simple fact it's 2/3 the price and will be just as good so long as you don't mind the color scheme (black and red). If the color does bother you then get an EVGA GS or G2.

Depends on your building scenario. Often it can actually be better to have semi-modular connections as the essential cables are closest to the places they need to hook up to but apart from that modular is usually better. In the case of the Antec HCG vs the Seasonic I would just buy the Antec for the simple fact it's 2/3 the price and will be just as good so long as you don't mind the color scheme (black and red). If the color does bother you then get an EVGA GS or G2.

However, fully modular units have the added benefit that if the unit dies, you simply send in the unit itself, leaving your cable management untouched.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

However, fully modular units have the added benefit that if the unit dies, you simply send in the unit itself, leaving your cable management untouched.

Meh, if a PSU dies it's likely time for a new one if it's more than 5 years old.

Meh, if a PSU dies it's likely time for a new one if it's more than 5 years old.

And if the unit happens to die prematurely?

And if the unit happens to die prematurely?

Well that sucks man :/

However you're still out a PSU so you can either have lots of cable stalactite corpses or just a small charnel of lonely cables who will be without their better half for a few weeks while the PSU is replaced.