Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

43 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

absolutely. I just got mine, even filmed it live (got it on the third try, my first two I went a tad bit off course and got very angry xD)

I'll post the time when the video is done uploading. It was a very difficult car! It's so heavy lol, brakes don't work too well compared to sports cars either lol.

I only chose that car because I never drove it before.

Since I couldn't beat your Miata times (and I guess I haven't tried again) maybe I can beat your Cayenne times.

Edit: oh wait lol it's part of the DLC. I was thinking of the Panamera. Well after Christmas I will beat your times. :P

43 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Since I couldn't beat your Miata times (and I guess I haven't tried again) maybe I can beat your Cayenne times.

Edit: oh wait lol it's part of the DLC. I was thinking of the Panamera. Well after Christmas I will beat your times. :P

the cayenne shouldn't be apart of the DLC? I don't have the Porsche DLC. All I have is the 3 dream packs and the Japanese pack

8:21.136

/cc @carguy86

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

58 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

the cayenne shouldn't be apart of the DLC? I don't have the Porsche DLC. All I have is the 3 dream packs and the Japanese pack

/cc @carguy86

Never make me do that again. Life with on a controller is bad enough already lol. Left plenty of time on the table for obvious reasons; may have gone off once or twice... or five times.

8:42.178

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Never make me do that again. Life with on a controller is bad enough already lol. Left plenty of time on the table for obvious reasons; may have gone off once or twice... or five times.

8:42.178

-snip-

yeah man controllers stink xD Where is your wheel?? I wouldn't even attempt this with a controller. Hey, i remember when I used to use an iPad as a steering wheel because I hated controllers that much (Was good arm exercise anyway holding up an ipad for an hour) :P

also are you subconsciously telling me to use a post process filter? I never knew which one to use and the default one doesn't look that great to me lol.. so alas mine is off

great attempt though! surprised you got within ~20 seconds with a controller lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah man controllers stink xD Where is your wheel?? I wouldn't even attempt this with a controller. Hey, i remember when I used to use an iPad as a steering wheel because I hated controllers that much (Was good arm exercise anyway holding up an ipad for an hour) :P

also are you subconsciously telling me to use a post process filter? I never knew which one to use and the default one doesn't look that great to me lol.. so alas mine is off

great attempt though! surprised you got within ~20 seconds with a controller lol

In a different city lol I'm away for school and didnt bring it this semester.

PP Filters are nice, I prefer them to the default just cause Kunos tends to over expose everything. Highly recommend the Natural filter, kinda like the SweetFX profiles for pCARS. I only had it on cause I was shooting in game photos all morning.

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nordschleife_3-12-116-13-59-30.jpg

Thanks! Though this is the porsche I'd rather be driving

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Any of you guys used a fanatec wheel? Just curious if there worth the money. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

24 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Any of you guys used a fanatec wheel? Just curious if there worth the money. 

Not worth the money (aside from the V3 pedals). Better off investing in a thrustmaster set for belt-driven, with addons, for pretty much the same experience. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Not worth the money (aside from the V3 pedals). Better off investing in a thrustmaster set for belt-driven, with addons, for pretty much the same experience. 

what addons?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

i have heard that the clubsport wheel is legit stronger than any thrustmaster ... but i have not even used a thrustmaster wheel so idk 

they are really expensive tho :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

15 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

GT Sport reveal trailer. I'll hold my judgement until I get some seat time ,but man does it look good. The image quality of the engine is superb, but I cant for certain tell how much the colour gamut and HDR plays into the processing. Definitely worlds better looking than GT6 on PS3, and a very FM6 feel when it comes to presentation and what it will do for the console in the long run (as a launch title).

It's nice to have all the modern cars and multiple disciplines like rally, but I don't have a PS4 soooo

Getting a feeling of dread with this one now, i feel like polyphony is missing the point somewhere im not sure what it is but something just feels very off about this game, i dont doubt its success and man isnt the presentation just fantastic(apart from the sounds which are better but still disappointing) the graphics are stunning. Im gonna have to be critical of it, likely will never buy it but its gt, i miss it so much.

They marketed it a bit as a sim back when they live that massive live stream, it clearly wasnt back then so if they are aiming for that then they have a lot of work to deal with.

The 140car count is a little worrying though, i think they messed up a bit there because it crosses in prologue territory, a lot of the casual racers focus on car count so 140 is a very small number. A few people that havent done enough research might think that this is a rebranded prologue and think it will be better to wait.

But for me as a lmp1 nut the thing that bugs me the most is the fictional cars, the fictional stuff works with the lower classes, the gt3 cars follow the rule set done by fia, same with the gt4 styled cars, trust me i looked. Anyways they have some old lmp1s but most of the cars in the class are fictional of which all of the fictional cars break the fia lmp1 regulations furthermore the vision gt aero kits a lot of the times are unbalanced setups. You would expect the highest class to be bullet proof but its just confusing as to what their goal is for it. Whats more confusing is that apart from the nissan lm gtr there are no modern lmp1s. Money isnt an issue so its very odd. 

I know its a bit harsh but i feel as if they should follow the fia rules instead of all these concpet cars that dont follow rules and drive completely different to how they should 

Gut feeling is that im not going to like the end product

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

6 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

what addons?

Wheel rims, pedals, shifter - the same functional equipment as found in the Fanatec ecosystem at a slightly lower price. Beyond that we get into some serious sim-quality gear like AccuForce and Heusenkveld.

6 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

i have heard that the clubsport wheel is legit stronger than any thrustmaster ... but i have not even used a thrustmaster wheel so idk 

they are really expensive tho :/ 

The clubsport V2 base is the same price as the entire set for a T300RS - sometimes you dont want an incredibly strong FFB motor, as youll end up turning it down in game anyways. A T500RS is a bit stronger than the T300RS.

Folding@Home | BOINC

26 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Wheel rims, pedals, shifter - the same functional equipment as found in the Fanatec ecosystem at a slightly lower price. Beyond that we get into some serious sim-quality gear like AccuForce and Heusenkveld.

The clubsport V2 base is the same price as the entire set for a T300RS - sometimes you dont want an incredibly strong FFB motor, as youll end up turning it down in game anyways. A T500RS is a bit stronger than the T300RS.

i prefer to have a wheel that is capable of really high ffb but then turn it down for longevity. t500rs is really the perfect wheel if you want manual gearing with a clutch pedal, throw on a loadcell mod, a hub adapter with a real rim and you are good to go!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

/cc @carguy86

Oh, I thought the Panamera was the single Porsche included without DLC. I'll give it a go soon.

1 hour ago, carguy86 said:

i prefer to have a wheel that is capable of really high ffb but then turn it down for longevity. t500rs is really the perfect wheel if you want manual gearing with a clutch pedal, throw on a loadcell mod, a hub adapter with a real rim and you are good to go!

high FFB strength settings tend to mask the little bumps and stuff. 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

id do as @carguy86 said ... get stronger FFB wheel and turn it down to my prefered setting

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I know there's a wheel out there capable of breaking your fingers if you crash into a wall in game...

dont know what it is though

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I know there's a wheel out there capable of breaking your fingers if you crash into a wall in game...

Probably one of the Direct Drive wheels, like the Accuforce or one of those small German brands.

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

7 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Probably one of the Direct Drive wheels, like the Accuforce or one of those small German brands.

yeah if there is ....it has to be a direct drive 

@chaozbandit Thanks for the information.

One thing I dont understand though is the fanatec's invitation system. Is it like what one plus did? I found a bunch of comparisons on different forums and they all mention the invitation system. 

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

@chaozbandit Thanks for the information.

One thing I dont understand though is the fanatec's invitation system. Is it like what one plus did? I found a bunch of comparisons on different forums and they all mention the invitation system. 

This is the first time Ive heard of the invitation system lol AFAIK you dont need it to buy a CSW V2 or any of the accessories.. dont know about the new CSL Elite, but I assume thats available through standard retail channels.

Folding@Home | BOINC

45 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

This is the first time Ive heard of the invitation system lol AFAIK you dont need it to buy a CSW V2 or any of the accessories.. dont know about the new CSL Elite, but I assume thats available through standard retail channels.

from what i know you can buy everything they currently make from their site (includes the new wheel base and pedals)

but i may not be up to date on stuff xD 

1 hour ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah if there is ....it has to be a direct drive 

Or a Willys jeep, i broke 5 fingers while offroading with one....

Wait, this isnt vtecswede's car thread...  

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

21 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Or a Willys jeep, i broke 5 fingers while offroading with one....

Wait, this isnt vtecswede's car thread...  

how did you do that? xD 

42 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

how did you do that? xD 

left front wheel hit a stump and the steering wheel spun around super quicly and whacked my pinkies, ring fingers and one of my thumbs...

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, carguy86 said:

left front wheel hit a stump and the wheel spun around super quicly and whacked my pinkies, ring fingers and one of my thumbs...

ouch :(