Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

ouch SSH shifter are struggling with their orders currently ... more than a month of wait time after purchase til your order starts to get processed. thank god im in no rush 😂

image.png.1908325b04efe20ec9101283c9b76517.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

why do i not have the money for this? i want this ... pls gib
image.thumb.png.7eb84496437582b24b5a3a108d8df747.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Omg. The porsche wheel is still my bae, but omg thats nice.

WHY DOES IT COME WITH A STAND I WANT IT

Also:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXLaj9tsrg/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Omg. The porsche wheel is still my bae, but omg thats nice.

WHY DOES IT COME WITH A STAND I WANT IT

Also:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXLaj9tsrg/

i will miss the BMW GT2 wheel ... thats the one i always wanted 😞
cant find it there anymore

Hecc it looks good as a DTM car, RIP DTM

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@chaozbandit
got me the newt ..... its fucking great .... now to get the CSL DD 😂 so my setup is actually nice 

Guys, lately i got hooked on Project Cars 2 and i wanna buy a wheel cause i already got as fast as you can be with a keyboard. Had a wheel once before (back in 2010 i think) was a Logitech G25. This time i want a direct drive wheel, but most of them cost a fortune. Is there anything that doesn't have all the bells and whistles, so therefor is cheaper, but still provides better experience than a logitech G923 or G29. If there isn't anything Direct drive, what is the other best option for up to $500 with the pedals and the shifter?

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

2 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Guys, lately i got hooked on Project Cars 2 and i wanna buy a wheel cause i already got as fast as you can be with a keyboard. Had a wheel once before (back in 2010 i think) was a Logitech G25. This time i want a direct drive wheel, but most of them cost a fortune. Is there anything that doesn't have all the bells and whistles, so therefor is cheaper, but still provides better experience than a logitech G923 or G29. If there isn't anything Direct drive, what is the other best option for up to $500 with the pedals and the shifter?

Honestly for the price of a decent mid-range belt driven (CSL elite) system, sans some accessories, you're knocking on the entry level CSL-DD anyways. A T300RS is a decent sidegrade from a G27+++++ but you'll always be left wanting more, and the add-ons add up quick. For up to $500 for a full set you're severely limited for quality unfortunately.

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/csl-dd/
it doesnt cost a fortune, but still not cheap even though its the cheapest DD setup you will find

Otherwise the only other options id consider are not Direct Drive ...  the T150 for a lower budget setup (roughly equal if not better than any logitech wheel but you will be wanting something better quite soon after buying this one) or a T300 for something quite a bit better than T150 but cant afford the Fanatec DD 

Shifter i highly recommend this https://www.shiftershh.com/en/black/47-1210-newt.html#/28-top_plate-red_7r/50-mount-table

Fanatecs cheapest DD setup roughly equals to like 650

T300RS GT is like 350
Shifter like 100+shipping

Thx for the info. One question i have ever since i found out DD wheels come with standalone drive motor - can you use a real driving wheel mounted to the motor/base? I still have my genuine Audi RS2 wheel i used in my first Audi Quattro (selling it is out of question). I know that i won't have shifting pedals on the wheel and will have to drive only with the H-shifter, but i actually prefer it that way and it will be sooooo cool if i can drive with it.

Another question - wtf is actually happening with the pedals and what are all these dampers and other stuff i see online? And why the clutch pedal is separate from the gas and brake (talking about this)?

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

1 minute ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Thx for the info. One question i have ever since i found out DD wheels come with standalone drive motor - can you use a real driving wheel mounted to the motor/base? I still have my genuine Audi RS2 wheel i used in my first Audi Quattro (selling it is out of question). I know that i won't have shifting pedals on the wheel and will have to drive only with the H-shifter, but i actually prefer it that way and it will be sooooo cool if i can drive with it.

Another question - wtf is actually happening with the pedals and what are all these dampers and other stuff i see online? And why the clutch pedal is separate from the gas and brake (talking about this)?

As long as you can mate the base of the wheel to the standard ~50/70mm pattern then you can fit any wheel rim via an adapter, though it is worth noting that road car wheels will be heavier and dull the FFB due to the weight (slightly negated by the torque of a DD though).

Pedals are as important to driving as the wheel base and there is something at every price point on the market. Really basic sets are just a lightly sprung basic sensor with cheap plastics, and the higher out you go they change out build quality, higher fidelity sensors, better ergonomics, different spring tension/load cells to more closely replicate real world motorsport equipment. Clutch is often available separate because some people who primarily run single seater rigs don't need a clutch so a 2-pedal set works better; others drive touring cars or variety so a 3-pedal offers more flexibility. Individually the clutch/gas are often the same or interchangeable, the brake pedal is always the most important factor to consider when upgrading.

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Yes you usually can either get adapters or just straight bolt your wheel to the hub, depending on what setup you got. Fanatec have either static shifter paddles you can attach to the DD base or a hub you can screw your wheel to that has shifter paddles... or just a hub without any of that.

With those pedals (as i have the ones you linked). the 2 pedals are basically gas and clutch (used as a brake but not recommended for that purpose when only 2 pedals) pedal and you buy a load cell brake pedal as an addon (load cell meaning it meassures for the force closer to like a real car brake not travel like cheaper pedal sets)
them dampers dont matter for that pedal set, but they usually are to change the feel of the pedals to a more realistic feeling

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/csl-pedals
This pedal set is technically a newer and improved variant of what you linked, they should have a loadcell coming soon for that as an addon as well

I want it

image.thumb.png.9d8df43f725a613507666d1ce9dafba9.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 2 weeks later...

omg this is a hot livery I need it

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just out of curiosity, does anyone like tracks like Catalunya, Abu Dhabi, and Monaco? They suck to race on in anything other than F1, and even then, they still suck. They're just a series of drag races followed by harsh braking tests.

#Muricaparrotgang

Catalunya isn't that bad, but there are more tracks that provide the same atmosphere but with better experience (like Algarve). In order to love Monaco, you will also have to love Bathurst Mount Panorama and it's only for masochists and people with a few loose bolts up in there. Abu Dhabi i never liked, but one of the tracks i hate the most is one of the most popular ones - Silverstone, followed closely by the "new" Hockenheim layout;  old Hockenheim was one of my most favorite tracks and gave me such a nice Monza feel. Hate tracks with huuuuuge runoff areas. They take away the sensation of speed. That's why i love Nordschleife despite it being a quite a challenge to learn. But the other end of the spectrum aka the proper anal stuff like Monaco and Bathurst also isn't my cup of tea. Oh and why we are on the subject of tracks - who the f*ck came out with the idea of Brands Hatch being a car racing circuit?!?! I'd use it more like an off-road testing facility than a racing track. It's too tight even for 2 bikes, let alone 2 cars.

26 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Catalunya isn't that bad, but there are more tracks that provide the same atmosphere but with better experience (like Algarve). In order to love Monaco, you will also have to love Bathurst Mount Panorama and it's only for masochists and people with a few loose bolts up in there. Abu Dhabi i never liked, but one of the tracks i hate the most is one of the most popular ones - Silverstone, followed closely by the "new" Hockenheim layout;  old Hockenheim was one of my most favorite tracks and gave me such a nice Monza feel. Hate tracks with huuuuuge runoff areas. They take away the sensation of speed. That's why i love Nordschleife despite it being a quite a challenge to learn. But the other end of the spectrum aka the proper anal stuff like Monaco and Bathurst also isn't my cup of tea. Oh and why we are on the subject of tracks - who the f*ck came out with the idea of Brands Hatch being a car racing circuit?!?! I'd use it more like an off-road testing facility than a racing track. It's too tight even for 2 bikes, let alone 2 cars.

Mount Panorama has way more flow to it though. Maybe not necessarily good overtaking points, but the track itself doesn't suck to drive. You can actually have good races there, Monaco and Catalunya have no good overtaking points, and Catalunya has zero flow.

I don't much like Silverstone either, any track that's just some painted lines on a completely flat canvas I tend to avoid. It has slightly more flow than Catalunya though, so it's above that for me. Also don't understand the love for Brands Hatch. Seems like it was designed as a karting circuit too big for karts and too small for cars. I'm definitely more a fan of road courses, but they seem to be in very short supply in favor of GP and F1 tracks.

#Muricaparrotgang

In the current state Catalunya really has no flow, but back before 2007 edit, it wasn't all that bad. The last corner with the short straight before the big start straight had a bit of an A1 Ring (Red Bull Ring now) feel to it. And yes, i completely agree Bathurst isn't nearly as bad as Monaco, but again, it's too tight for a car racing circuit. It would be way more exciting if you could pass w/o that big of a risk in the tight corners. You could try and pass in the hill part of the track but all it takes is the other guy touching the wall slightly and bumping into you (something i'm sure happened to all of us at some point) to spoil the race for the rest of the grid behind you or someone who you follow closely spinning and blocking the entire track.

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone like tracks like Catalunya, Abu Dhabi, and Monaco? They suck to race on in anything other than F1, and even then, they still suck. They're just a series of drag races followed by harsh braking tests.

They're experiences in their own right, but I don't go out of my way for them unless I have to.

Catalunya is only decent with multi-class racing as it otherwise seems stale;
Abu Dhabi only looks good in the dark half of the day and makes for good hotlapping mostly, outside of single seaters (it's quite enjoyable in F2);
Monaco for the chaos of single makes is the most fun, esp if they're slow because at least then it's not a parade

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

karting circuit too big for karts and too small for cars

Nah this would be Cadwell Park! Brands is fun but its all commitment and knowing how much of the curb you can cut and knowing where you'll land on the exit runoff, as it's very similar in flow to Oulton Park. The challenge is in the natural run off but its definitely raceable with GT cars (though most fun in GT4/TCR) because otherwise people tend to get punted unnecessarily.

Folding@Home | BOINC

18 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Not a fan of Abu Dhabi and current Catalunya. I prefer older variant of Catalunya w/o the chicane. 

I like Monaco. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

They're experiences in their own right, but I don't go out of my way for them unless I have to.

Catalunya is only decent with multi-class racing as it otherwise seems stale;
Abu Dhabi only looks good in the dark half of the day and makes for good hotlapping mostly, outside of single seaters (it's quite enjoyable in F2);
Monaco for the chaos of single makes is the most fun, esp if they're slow because at least then it's not a parade

Maybe for clarity, I'm watching my buddy's house/dogs and he's got FM4, while I have a very old Fanatec GT2. I've discovered that anything above ~550 in Forza's PI values (B-class) and the cars eco-green tires are completely incapable of maintaining any semblance of grip, so every single corner is either a drift or understeering/sliding off the track. I tried to do Catalunya in a R8, just the base model, and it was a fucking nightmare.

Even still, in other games with grip these tracks are just straight lines and the only way to overtake anything is to have a better launch after corners and try to beat them on the straight. Personally I don't really care for the light up bubbly lump building in Abu Dhabi.

I'm now beginning to wonder if Forza is the reason I don't really care for supercars or GT class. I grew up with Forza 1, and if it's at all similar to 4, the slower cars make for way better racing with more variety between cars. The higher spec cars get more samey until it eventually homologates and is only a difference in driver skill, which is cool, but if the drivers are halfway decent there's not usually a lot of dynamics unless they really fuck up. With the dogshit F, D, and C tier, you get muscle cars, classic 90's, hot hatches, etc. with different driving lines and more variability between grip and acceleration.

Nah this would be Cadwell Park!

Forgot about that one. I think I mentally lump them together if it's the one I'm thinking of. Either way, I avoid both of them.

#Muricaparrotgang

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, does any of you have a good Audi R8 GT3 setup for Red Bull Ring in Project Cars 2? So far the best setups i came across for that car are from KrypticTMG. They really plant the car on the track he sets it up for, but he doesn't have a setup for the R8 on that track and it's one of the most raced ones of all the tracks. With his setups i drop my times by at least 3 seconds a lap and i come in under a second of the world records. So anyone with similar to his setups?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm

pqb03lk6raj71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 8/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, chaozbandit said:

Hmmmm

pqb03lk6raj71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

DD from TM? will it be able to compete with Fanatecs CSL?