Problems with FPS games today? your views and opinions

MzCatieB

How so? Warfighter forces you to use strategy, by the way maps are laid out for each game type (maps change slightly depending on game type). If you try to run and gun, you'll run and be gunned down.

"It's not the game forcing you to be strategic, it's the players choosing to.". It's always up to the players right? I don't disagree with you on that statement, I just hate the mention of Warfighter and strategy in some context because it's everything I hate in a FPS. The MP feels a lot like BF3 and CoD, die/spawn/die/spawn and everyone only gives a shit about their K/D. 

It isnt a hold your ground and make small concentrated assaults, its a run and gun if not a twitch game.

When I played it it felt like a twitch game to me, not anything like a tactical FPS.

Are you getting counterstrike mixed up with something else?

Because you're describing a completely different game.

On topic: make a new counterstrike, nothing really wrong with this one but all other fps games bore me, and cs is the slowest of them all 0.o

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

im noting down all of your reasons and im going to implement what i can with my game

Character artist in the Games industry.

I would like it to be realistic and not just go and finish up ur misssions . Add some open worldness to it and more countries and places like climbing mountains etc etc

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Balance, lack of focus on fluency in the game(BF3 mainly, seriously takes ages to get over an obstacle) aswell as hit registration(Lag compensation).

Stats need to be kept private and nothing you display on your soldiers profile. That way people won't care as much and focus on the objectives.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Kill call of duty, it has become redundant and too easy.

And better stealth mechanics in FPS games would be awesome!

When you say too easy are you talking about the SP or MP ...

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I like fast paced gameplay and quick kills in my FPS games (why I like the the cod model)

Also I think asking a small focus group what they want is a crappy way of making a game, the best games are just made by people who are creative/talented enough in the first place to make something that people just love/really want  to play.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

The biggest problem I have with fps games is the ridiculously high mouse sensitivity and the terribly innacurate slider used to adjust it. I've bought games and had to spend hours finding then installing shady 3rd party programs to edit encryptd files just to lower the mouse sensitivity to a suitable level.

The biggest problem I have with fps games is the ridiculously high mouse sensitivity and the terribly innacurate slider used to adjust it. I've bought games and had to spend hours finding then installing shady 3rd party programs to edit encryptd files just to lower the mouse sensitivity to a suitable level.

You could lower the DPI

@DirkaFat I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of downloading software from a russian website to edit files in a game if i wasn't already using 400 dpi.

Customization and performance. CoD4 promod and Quake are my ideal games.  ;)

Firstly I want to be able to change my FOV or at least set it high (90-100) and I want it all to feel fluid and smooth yet fast and twitchy and run at a high FPS (120+).

Demos are the best thing ever, let us use them! I love being able to play in garbage quality and seeing things easily whilst recording to a demo file with no FPS loss then play it back with really good maxed quality settings and record with preferably an in-game recorder (avidemo).

Having filmtweaks and the ability to turn off things (nameplates, HUD, etc.) and/or change the color of fonts would also be super cool but if the in-game stuff is bearable I could get over it.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn