Problems with FPS games today? your views and opinions

MzCatieB

So im working on making a FPS game at the moment and i want to hear your views and opinions on what is wrong with them currently and what you would like to see changed.

this can be anything from Level progression, graphics, story ext.

but overall, what in your opinion do YOU want to see in FPS games that in your opinion has not been done right so far?

Character artist in the Games industry.

Killstreaks 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Kill call of duty, it has become redundant and too easy.

And better stealth mechanics in FPS games would be awesome!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Too easy, no depth anymore. Too many FPS games are just: Run straight, shoot everything, get to the end, do it all over again in the next location. No incentive to look for things like health packs because of day one easy mode health regeneration or ammo because your character can hold a bajillion magazines in his back pocket. No depth in the story line. This  guy needs to be killed and you have to kill everyone on the way there. 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

something unique that isn't a generic shooter, but sticks out from the crowd. Titanfall sort of does that with the mech and infantry mix.

Call of Battlefield.

Red Orchestra Duty.

Developers who ditch their core audience to try and leach/Copy other FPS's.

leading to FPS's with multiple personality disorders and SUCK because of it.

In multiplayer, it has to be totally different, cause honestly what I see is that there are two big types of FPS multiplayers, the BF type and the CoD type

Storyline should constantly have some action and not be stale (like the for the script for instance)

It's the best I could describe what I would want to see because I'm really bad at that

Hopefully it will help you and I wish all my luck for your game

Hope you will finish it and will be a success ;)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Kill call of duty, it has become redundant and too easy.

And better stealth mechanics in FPS games would be awesome!

Not always. Look at Crysis 3 multiplayer, it tried to integrate stealth, but failed. The stealth weapons such as the bow, silenced weapons, etc. are way to powerful and overused. It's incredibly difficult to use an unsilenced weapon and get away with it. But, now that I think of it, a fps that mainly focuses on stealth is not a bad idea.

Up the difficulty and don't give hints on everything. The player should find out themselves. Also no quicktimes events with bosses. Always hated those

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

What seems to be happening is that parents that pretty much know nothing about games, hear about the next CoD or BF on mainstream TV (which no one watches anymore) then go out and buy it as a Christmas gift, this is why CoD is always released right before the holiday season and that's why we're stuck in this horrible cycle of terrible triple A games bought by people who know nothing about games.

Up the difficulty and don't give hints on everything. The player should find out themselves. Also no quicktimes events with bosses. Always hated those

Quicktimes with bosses? What shooter had that?

What seems to be happening is that parents that pretty much know nothing about games, hear about the next CoD or BF on mainstream TV (which no one watches anymore) then go out and buy it as a Christmas gift, this is why CoD is always released right before Christmas and that's why we're stuck in this horrible cycle of terrible triple A games bought by people who know nothing about games.

There was a point when you played your first shooter (or game in general)

Up difficulty and immersion, also Remove the whole "shoot 100 bad guys in 1 minute aspect" make enemies less but harder to kill, not as in 100 million health, but as in know how to cover, can actually aim etc.

I think there has to be some feeling of putting up a fight [and not dying within the blink of an eye] at the same time I think something that can make movement new and interesting would be refreshing. Something other than sprinting through everything and having your scope auto-clip to every enemy and maaayybe crouching once in a while.

Up difficulty and immersion, also Remove the whole "shoot 100 bad guys in 1 minute aspect" make enemies less but harder to kill, not as in 100 million health, but as in know how to cover, can actually aim etc.

If you play on the highest difficulty (in most shooters), you die quickly, if that makes you happy. 

Just please make it faster paced, consoles has forced shooters to get slower and slower :(

Primarily the movement and world interaction systems. Integrating with the map more (sliding, wall peeks...) all helps with the immersion. Take cues from Mirrors Edge. Bloody brilliant movement mechanics. Also, I see you use Blender, my prefered program of choice. What sort of experience do you have?

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Primarily the movement and world interaction systems. Integrating with the map more (sliding, wall peeks...) all helps with the immersion. Take cues from Mirrors Edge. Bloody brilliant movement mechanics. Also, I see you use Blender, my prefered program of choice. What sort of experience do you have?

im sitting on 5 years of experience with Blender currently and iv got 9 years experience with the unreal engine.

Character artist in the Games industry.

plz balance balance balance

Current Keyboards: Ergodox w/ clears, Poker 2 w/ clears, Ducky G2 Pro w/ Blues

Make it so that your guns overheat or jam or the clip burns your hand when you try to change it or something if you unload a whole clip at one time. I remember in many fps games it was possible to just get a LMG with like a 100 round clip and just walk through the level firing from the hip and unloading this giant gun and killing everything with no problems. Unrealistic and destroys immersion.

Make it so that your guns overheat or jam or the clip burns your hand when you try to change it or something if you unload a whole clip at one time. I remember in many fps games it was possible to just get a LMG with like a 100 round clip and just walk through the level firing from the hip and unloading this giant gun and killing everything with no problems. Unrealistic and destroys immersion.

Jamming thing was already implemented in some free fps (forgot the name). Overheating already is in medal of honor, good ideas though

this has been implemented in Far Cry 2 and it became more of a nuance than making it more immersive