Where does Your PC stand in terms of price to performance ratio?

mine was too expensive but i did it because i wanted a high endish system while i had the money to do so and given how long all my current stuff has in terms of longevity it looks like i did good because nothing is too new or too old so when the time comes i can pass the entire system along instead of reusing some stuff here or there

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Total overkill considering I only play this.

TIL my 980 aint good enough for that. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

As far as my i5/970, those components are fairly balanced for single/triple 1080p gaming. The other parts are overkill, like 1TB of SSD storage, a massive cooler, overkill PSU, overkill fans, and a stealth case.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I bought a used Lenovo t420 for 80.

Then I threw in a 128 ssd and 1tb hdd for 110$

I put in 8gb of corsair high preformance for 60

Finally I upgraded the processor to a 2720qm for 70.

Finished with the 9 cell Battery and disk drive costed 30

Awesome laptop for ~350. I use it for school and league. It is mostly held together by tape and super-glue though. :P

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

I just recently spent a bit over $600 dollars on a new case, mobo, cpu and ram, (some of the stuff came from my old computer)

And that's just part of my upgrade, the rest of the upgrade is going to cost me about another 900 dollars give or take to finish the build and most of that money is going to go towards a video card that probably will last me a while.

But while i think it may be a bit over kill on my part, I do want this build to last me a while. Only thing I really want to replace would be bad ram, a bad storage drive, bad fans or a bad PSU.

And I'm using this computer right now to play a game that my old computer can run just fine... Well because it's a fun game and it just came out. But I do want to play some games that require a good GPU!

Got sub par gpu solutions twice in a row. So at total cost its probably closer to alienware pcs in terms of price to performance.. And that i had to swap out my mobo added to that as well

VjIKzIK.jpg

All in all. Not great. But now it works like a charm

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

meh. I could use more performance, mainly on the CPU side, but Preformance/dollar is pretty good.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I say spot on for gaming: Nothing overkill: 290x paired with 4440 and an ssd for storage, all other parts cheapest around. Some say I should be going for a better monitor (I'm on 1080p 50-60hz panel only) But I feel newer titles like Witcher 3 can suffer of non consistent 50 to 60 FPS minimum otherwise

-------

Current Rig

-------

10$ i7 2600k, $80 board(regrets), $80 psu, $250 R9 290, $60 case, $55 HDD, free RAM(16gb), think I'm doing pretty good.

CPU: R7 1700 @ 3.875GHz/1.335v , GPU: Fury Nitro.

My pc being the first one that I ever built for my self  does perform as I would expect it to, but beign the first one that I ever designed, I highly doubt that its price to performance is any good,
I spent roughly 2 thousand back on early 2013 for my rig and I have three great regrets: buying a mid tower case, overshooting the PSU and the 660TI.

Can anyone tell me if the price to performance of my rig would be any good? ( I expect it to not be)

Also, would anyone be kind enough to mention how one does determine how good the price to performance ratio is?

I was very careful not to buy what was the newest, but what would perform the best for the money. Might mean upgrades a little sooner down the road but I built my PC to run one game specifically so that's not a huge concern for me.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

i bought last year and it was a decent deal, it was 1400$ cad when i bought it, if i were to buy now it would be over 1700$ due to the Canadian dollar crapping out, so all in all it was good deal

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I've dumped waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money in my lowly rig. And pretty much all of my other rigs.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Too expensive for the performance I got as I'm in Australia. And underpowered as my GTX 970 is struggling to run my modded Skyrim at a stable 60FPS at 1080p (my GTX 970 is really fucked up-only 1-2 week of good performance before it started acting up then told me to get fucked).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

A 780+4690k is reasonable for CSGO/Dota2? RIIIGHT?!?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1300w G2

GT520

Your call

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1300w G2

GT520

Your call

Needs a bigger PSU

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Needs a bigger PSU

the PSU was free :D

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I bought a 4790k because of how gta likes strong yummy intel cores, compared to a 8320. That and I wanted something for playing minecraft, which was the originally the case for me building this rig. My aging 7950 is still quite good for vanilla minecraft, but adding mods in such as shaders, and modpacks make the fps tank. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I am running old hardware like 45nm old, but i got it all for next to nothing so i am happy, but i wish i could up grade. The core 2 quad q8200  works well with basic applications but modern gaming, like GTAV is barely playable at mid to low, it's not how much you paid ,but how long it last i would say 7 years and still running is good.  

I would say performance:dollar ratio my rig probably kills a lot of the others in this thread.

#scrapyard build life

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

I defiantly don't have a good price to performance pc. It gets even worse if you include the components I kept switching out for no real reason. But I like it so I don't mind the cost. I spent my money how I wanted to :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Paid $300AUD for X5650, LGA1366 mobo, GTX780, 16Gb RAM, umad

Well, if you consider how i got the funds for the parts, it was free

Price/Performance = over 9000

CPU: Xeon X5650 6C/12T @4.87Ghz GPU: R9 390 Strix RAM: 16Gb Kingston Fury 1866Mhz Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Storage: Kingmax 240Gb SSD 3x 1TB's Case: Fractal Design Define XL with 480mm Radiators + 360mm Radiator PSU: Enermax Revo95+ 920W Speakers: Logitech Z-5500D THX Surround Sound System Headset: Audio-Technica ATH700X Audio: Creative SB ZxR Moniter: BenQ 27Inch 1920x1080 Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Mouse: Logitech G9x/Microsoft Basic Optical OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider

lol same here. Its actually arriving today!

On a side note I'd thought I'd share...

Two days ago, I had my computer on showing friends it and took of the front dust filter (because I was complaining about how dusty my room is...)

I then proceeded to miss the tabs on the case to put back the dust filter and shoved it threw my fans breaking a blade on all three front fans (one broke but didn't fall off and in order to get it spinning again I had to wiggle it off.)

So yea I looked like an idiot... And for two days my computer shook while the fans were running. Just got my replacements today (60 USD later...)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Was spot on, even two years later it is still fantastic! Only things I have added was more RAM and just added a newer SSD.

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64