Looking to invest into Star Citizen. Recomendations?

DarrenP

Hello friends. 

I'm looking to get into Star Citizen, a little more than I already have. I haven't really looked to deeply into it. However I have already purchased the RSI Aurora MR. It also looks like I bought an Arena Commander Pass. I was thinking about putting another 100-200, and was looking for suggestions as to what I should get. I'm not really 100% sure about what I'd like to do in the game, I just think it looks rather neat, and was wanting more information.

Thanks guys. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I really don't understand why people are willing to keep pouring money into a game that seems to be stuck in a perpetual development cycle >.<  

Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but it needs to just come out already!! lol 

1st of all, remember to meet up with us on Saturday at 1pm pacific standard time us, and as for the backing, ill wait for someone else to respond.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I would just start out with the mustang/aoura starter package with arena commander access. Join us on saturday and see if you enjoy the game (the most important part). Then you can go from there :3

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

I really don't understand why people are willing to keep pouring money into a game that seems to be stuck in a perpetual development cycle >.<  

Most big games do what star citizen is doing as far as pushing dates back. you just dont see it because its not open development. also theres a lot of stuff coming our right now its worth the research

BTW your pledging, technically not investing

Because its not, arena commander has changed so much since the start, they are redoing the FPS because they didn't like certain things about it. We find out about the persistent universe and single player next month and they fixed the netcode quicker than EA did with BF4.

People are give money to allow Chris Roberts to have the freedom to bring out the best game he can rather than cut features to release the game.

I'd say "Invest" is the wrong word, Investing implies a monetary return. Don't get me wrong, I deep into funding the game, but I don't expect to see any return beyond a cool game to play.

to what ships you want, well that's hard if you don't know what you want to do in the game.I'd say take the time read up on all the ships in the region of the ammount of money you are willing to budget for the game and then go with which ever one/more than one that seem the most interesting to you.

For me personally that's getting lost and hauling crap around. I know it sounds weird, but exploration and logistics are fun to me. So I have a Mustang Beta, for when I want to move around a bit, I have a Freelancer DUR for when I want to get lost and a Caterpillar for when I want to move stuff.

Yeah I told myself that I would only spend about £100 on star citizen. Since then its all that looks pretty and that would be cool and now I'm at like £350 and still looking at ships like oooooooh I want that.

I don't really know what I want to do in the 'verse but I have an idea for freelance work or something. Hopefully I can decide closer to the time.

I don't know what to suggest but just buy what you want :D

I know, I was useless here...

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

Yeah I told myself that I would only spend about £100 on star citizen. Since then its all that looks pretty and that would be cool and now I'm at like £350 and still looking at ships like oooooooh I want that.

I don't really know what I want to do in the 'verse but I have an idea for freelance work or something. Hopefully I can decide closer to the time.

I don't know what to suggest but just buy what you want :D

I know, I was useless here...

For me it's just looking, no touching now. I saw the Endeavour Master Set and caught myself thinking: "I want it".

I'm happy with what I have now and probably won't be buying new ships. You just gotta stay strong ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

For me it's just looking, no touching now. I saw the Endeavour Master Set and caught myself thinking: "I want it".

I'm happy with what I have now and probably won't be buying new ships. You just gotta stay strong ;)

Yeah its a good job I don't have any spare money at the moment so I just have to look right now. When I have money though I am not strong enough :'(

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

I'd suggest earning some REC with what you have and renting some ships to try, that and keep an eye out for any free fly weeks/weekends to get a feel for what you might like to spend your money on :)

Also remember that you aren't tied to what you buy, you can upgrade your ship to another version or model and you can "melt" your ships/packages for store credit.