Train Simulators DLC's cost 3061$.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Everyone likes to complain about how developers try to nickel and dime their audience with paid downloadable content. But this game takes the cake. It’s insane.

I put the question to Mark: how much is too much for DLC? He got a bit miffed at the DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition, but that’s only in the realm of $25.

My first thought was the Dynasty Warriors series. They, like many anime brawlers, have an absurd amount of costume and armour packages that are far more expensive than they should be.

But then I came across Train Simulator 2016: Steam Edition. It’s US$45, which is fairly standard for niche titles with a hardcore fanbase. Dovetail Games were even generous enough to have a special on the DLC.

And then I saw how much DLC there was.

1454012853930318510.png

Whoa. 230 packs of DLC. That’s a lot. And the first three are pretty pricey. But if most of them are free or 50 cents then it’s fine.

So I added everything to my Steam cart and, well, it wasn’t cheap.

1454012854024157614.png

US$3061.91 for all the Train Simulator 2016 DLC. And the majority of those add-ons are at a 40% discount as well.

1454012853820405422.gif

Source  http://kotaku.com/one-games-dlc-costs-3000-and-thats-on-sale-1733919988

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

And I own all of it

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Yeah, and 9.9/10 times the physics are unrealistic and you have to download 3rd party physics mods to make it actually decent.

For example, the Amtrak P42 (which is 4250HP) is essentially a reskinned Metro-North P32AC-DM (which is 3200HP) and the physics are terrible.

Honestly, it's only worth it when on sale.

tbh $3000 is a fair price to pay for the most invigorating simulated train experience you will ever have.

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

What is it on G2A :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

tbh $3000 is a fair price to pay for the most invigorating simulated train experience you will ever have.

90% of the people on this forumn haven't even spent $1,200 on there PC, better yet a GAME

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

People say EA Is bad...

At least they give you everything for a discount price if you buy all of it... Mind you they're not doing this anymore and are going the free DLC route.

90% of the people on this forumn haven't even spent $1,200 on there PC, better yet a GAME

i was jOKING

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

It really pisses me off when game developers do this sort of shit. Recently i wanted to do the mass effect game series with all dlc. The games cost me £10 for all 3, the dlc? 60 nearly 70 quid.d (iI refused to buy them on principles) Some of them were vital to the story aswell. Grrr first world problems at its finest.

I lost it when i read this hahaha you made my day :P

Hah you have a lot to learn about train hobbies.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Even real train models are not cheap, I didn't expected this to be cheap either.

I'm sure people who love trains will happily pay for that or part of it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Trains is a very niche market filled with people with money and time to burn. This is just market economics in action.

This is because you're not supposed to own the whole game. It obviously doesn't make sense, dovetail games is not stupid. You don't go to an amusement park and buy EVERYTHING, you buy what interests you and what you feel would be most beneficial to your experience. Each DLC is highly detailed and provides a unique experience for the player. It's similar to how the FlightSim market works (Planes and texture packs can easily reach $100 USD). 

Anyone who would buy all of the DLC obviously has way too much time and money on their hands, as well as a seriously big hard drive. Honestly, all of that DLC must be over 10-15 TB! 

Bottom line: The simulation market does not function in the same way the regular game DLC market functions and it's rather naive to say that Dovetail is a bad company because it has 3,000 dollars of DLC. You wouldn't buy every single game in gamestop when you bought a console, would you?

This is because you're not supposed to own the whole game. It obviously doesn't make sense, dovetail games is not stupid. You don't go to an amusement park and buy EVERYTHING, you buy what interests you and what you feel would be most beneficial to your experience. Each DLC is highly detailed and provides a unique experience for the player. It's similar to how the FlightSim market works (Planes and texture packs can easily reach $100 USD). 

Anyone who would buy all of the DLC obviously has way too much time and money on their hands, as well as a seriously big hard drive. Honestly, all of that DLC must be over 10-15 TB! 

Bottom line: The simulation market does not function in the same way the regular game DLC market functions and it's rather naive to say that Dovetail is a bad company because it has 3,000 dollars of DLC. You wouldn't buy every single game in gamestop when you bought a console, would you?

The game is meant for people who dont have the time to have and buy real model trains , actually this is cheaper than having a real model railroad track and trains, a train model costs a lot more than 20€

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The game is meant for people who dont have the time to have and buy real model trains , actually this is cheaper than having a real model railroad track and trains, a train model costs a lot more than 20€

Exactly! The actual simulator acts as more of a framework than an "base" game.

I've always been bothered by how expensive the DLC for The Sims is... nobody actually buys anywhere near all of it do they? I feel like they'd get more sales if they just had 2 BIG expansion packs for $40 ea rather than having 20 DLCs for $20 ea... there's $400  of DLC for The Sims 3.