Call of Duty Ghost reveal including stuff we already seen...

Bluejay0

More of the same go figure, recycled game engine like they've been doing for years, recycled content, recycled graphics. I swear the CoD series recycles more than Green Peace

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

More of the same go figure, recycled game engine like they've been doing for years, recycled content, recycled graphics. I swear the CoD series recycles more than Green Peace

Oh, but they didn't recycle graphics, it might seem that way from the gameplay videos. I don't think they revealed enough "content" to make a judgment on what they will put in the game. 

I didnt get black ops 2 because of how much mw3 pissed me off. I might give ghosts a go, it looks quite fun. Priority to battlefield and that watch dogs and gta and dynasty warriors.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Oh, but they didn't recycle graphics, it might seem that way from the gameplay videos. I don't think they revealed enough "content" to make a judgment on what they will put in the game. 

You hired by Activision or something?

- It's an old engine with significant upgrades. I also wonder why you put such a great deal of stress on graphics. I have a feeling you are overestimating the power of Frostbite 2 or underestimating the revised cod engine.

- No you can't. Why are you judging things like animations and smoothness from pre alpha gameplay?

- Battlefield 3 needed patches to animations. It was jerky and unrealistic when it first launched.

And would you mind pointing out the "jerky" and "unrealistic" movements?

If you believe the marketing rubbish from Activision and Infinity Ward I won't be able to convince you otherwise.

This supposed new engine is a modified version of the old one with a bunch of improvements, but in my opinion the differences aren't enough to make it an entirely 'new' engine. It's a new version of the previous engine - more like a v2.5 than a v3.0.

It comes down to a simple observation of the video. In Ghosts I noticed continuous graphical limitations such as poor models, bad textures and shockingly poor animation. In Battlefield 4 I noticed very few poor graphical elements - yet they are both at the same stage in development.

I can judge an alpha build of a game if I desire, especially when I'm comparing it to an alpha build of a competing game.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Battlefield is winning for this generation.

I concur.

Yeah riddle your game with overpriced map packs so you can segregate your market further while making you install PB and use a crappy server browser.

Yup, BF is winning, if it's BF vs. CoD, but both are complete crap.

I concur.

Yeah riddle your game with overpriced map packs so you can segregate your market further while making you install PB and use a crappy server browser.

Yup, BF is winning, if it's BF vs. CoD, but both are complete crap.

1.The map packs are a option(don't buy if you don't want to).

2.Developers need to earn money for their work. 

3.Crappy server browser ? wow. why don't you start your own company and do better ?

4.Stop whining.

I'm still cod virgin :P. Waiting for BF4...

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Cod was dead to me after COD2! probably just because I already didn't have that much interest for that type of game, the repetition from there onwards just made each game feel stale so I never bought any of the games from there onwards and I have never actually played any of them since MW, although I have watched a few vids out of curiosity.

Why is there such a big circle jerk about BF vs COD. You guys are having the same arguments as the Xbox Live Community, don't stoop to their level.

1.The map packs are a option(don't buy if you don't want to).

2.Developers need to earn money for their work. 

3.Crappy server browser ? wow. why don't you start your own company and do better ?

4.Stop whining.

1. Map packs aren't optional when everyone else and their mother's buy it

2. Yes, I understand this, but overpriced map packs aren't the way to go

3. I don't see how this is relevant at all

4. Whining? I'm merely stating my experience and opinion, so why don't you stop being so ignorant? 

1. Map packs aren't optional when everyone else and their mother's buy it

2. Yes, I understand this, but overpriced map packs aren't the way to go

3. I don't see how this is relevant at all

4. Whining? I'm merely stating my experience and opinion, so why don't you stop being so ignorant? 

Your right and there is no excuse for them to make a host System.

They spend Millions on Marketing, but nothing on Servers.

And they don't have to sell Mappacks they made 1billion Dollars in the first 15 Days on the Copys alone thats without any DLC's and COD Elite.

And thats Black Ops 2 alone so with MW 1,2,3, and Black Ops 1 they have enough Money to make the Next 3 COD's + DLC's for Free.

RTX2070OC 

Your right and there is no excuse for them to make a host System.

They spend Millions on Marketing, but nothing on Servers.

And they don't have to sell Mappacks they made 1billion Dollars in the first 15 Days on the Copys alone thats without any DLC's and COD Elite.

And thats Black Ops 2 alone so with MW 1,2,3, and Black Ops 1 they have enough Money to make the Next 3 COD's + DLC's for Free.

If you read my past post in this thread you know I was talking about BF and not CoD.

But yes, CoD does fall under this as well.

If you believe the marketing rubbish from Activision and Infinity Ward I won't be able to convince you otherwise.

This supposed new engine is a modified version of the old one with a bunch of improvements, but in my opinion the differences aren't enough to make it an entirely 'new' engine. It's a new version of the previous engine - more like a v2.5 than a v3.0.

It comes down to a simple observation of the video. In Ghosts I noticed continuous graphical limitations such as poor models, bad textures and shockingly poor animation. In Battlefield 4 I noticed very few poor graphical elements - yet they are both at the same stage in development.

I can judge an alpha build of a game if I desire, especially when I'm comparing it to an alpha build of a competing game.

I'm not believing marketing rubbish. It's the information I got from many sites and reviews from people who I think are open minded.

From what I've heard, it's the same engine, but the difference will be greater than from, for example black ops to black ops 2.

Yes you can judge, but hopefully you'll revisit both games and the final products.

You hired by Activision or something?

No, just trying to be open minded

I personally think Battlefield stole the show, but I'm not going to hate on cod... yet.

I think cod should just be dlc. Every year its the same thing with just new maps and guns. Pretty much what dlc is...

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

The should just Release it as Call of Duty and Update it all the Time.
And they should do the Same with Sports Games.

RTX2070OC 

still think its a joke

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler