By 2050, human-on-robot sex will be more common than human-on-human sex

jos

In 4 years you'll become a wizard!

I'm perfectly fine with this when it's just a more advanced version of what we already have. As AI progresses, I see it going two ways. One, full on capabilities AI... If that happens I really don't see anything happening except us (as in humans) getting f*cked over and probably going extinct. The other way is AI progresses to become more like humans. If so, then this is inevitable.

So basically, it's either undoubtedly going to happen, or we're dead.

There's always the possibility that the AI offers us, or at least those of us that accept, a way to download our consciousnesses into virtual reality (think the matrix, but not as stupid). Where the machines in the matrix went wrong, was trying to create a perfect world, or trying to create one based on our history. Rather than making us aware of the choice, and giving us the possibility of living our entire lives within our own fantasies. Which....I'll take it. Real life fucking sucks, I'd rather be locked into a tube and spend the rest of my life in my own fantasies, and let them harvest my energy.

Fuck the real world.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

snippy snip snip

YMKD7RQ_700wa_0.gif

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Literally have no problem with this, speaking strictly as a single male. 

The amount of time I have spent my life - indeed wasted it - in sexual frustration and depression (read: most if not all of my school years) is frustrating and depressing in itself. 

Sure, I would love a girlfriend as much as the next guy. I want the connection, the compassion, the commitment. But that's not the first thing on my - or most guys, as the stereotype defines - mind. If someone says "girl?" I say "sex". It is the only thing that I need more of in my life that I simply cannot get anywhere else. I can have compassion towards my family and friends and connections between them and surrounding them. I can find commitment there and also at work and in my hobbies. 

But I cannot find intercourse anywhere except with a woman. Not only does that leave out 50% of the population I could otherwise perform the three C's with, but I simply do not have the social skills for one night stands and I do not get out enough to meet enough people to forge myself a relationship with a woman. I've tried online dating, but it left a very sour taste in my mouth in that most girls wanted a man, period, whether they like that man or not. 

So what are guys like me supposed to do? Live the rest of thier lives in eternal frustration "watiing" for sex to come along? No. We buy a bloody robot and rid ourselves of this fucking pain in the ass emotion. It will stop guys checking out women, it will stop frustration in the workplace and increase productivity (I remember an article where a french police force had men in one office, women in the other - kept getting distracted) it will allow males to deny themselves this fucking instinct we have to reproduce. 

I enjoy sex as much as the next guy, but It's not something I enjoy obsessing over, thinking about day-in-day out, despite my body's enforcement. If these robots can mean that I can stop thinking about sex and just get on with my life - then I, for one, will welcome them in open arms.  Masturbating just isn't as satisfying. It isn't as fulfilling. It is just a band-aid fix to a problem I think these robots can solve.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I have read some interesting papers about speculation that once the robot sex toys become more popular and capable, human relationship goals will change.  As the robots get cheaper and better, more people will have access and/or be willing to use them.  This means young men and less desirable men will take themselves out of the relationship market if they are just searching for sex, as the robots will be easier and provide more of what they are wanting.  This means the only people left in the relationship hunting social areas will be people who are unwilling to use robots or are looking for actually human interaction.  They may also be looking to have children. 

This will cause a swing in the power dynamics of male / female interactions.  Right now, the women are the gatekeepers to sex (for the most part).  And essentially, the majority of women are tolerated by the men as they provide the sex.  Once the sex is not really an issue, as the men will have robots as an option, women will have to provide something besides sex.  The robots won't get old, they won't stop being pretty, and they won't get angry or jealous if you want a new model.  This will be both good and bad for women and men.

Women will be freed from much of the constant sex drive that men push on to them.  But this will also remove large amounts of men from the "market".  This will increase the female to male ratio in those seeking real relationships.  This increase will make the men who are looking for relationships more valuable.  And it will also remove both the men and the women who are simply looking for better jerk off scenarios (as they will just use the robots).  The reason this will be more problematic for women is that while women also use sex toys, they do still want relationships more often and younger (generically) than men do.  So more men will be willing to just not even bother with women and use their robots, and then just hang out with their friends to fulfill their relational and emotional needs.  Generically speaking, women will be less willing to do this.

So, robots will pull a larger amount of men out of the social market than it will women.  This will cause women to have to be "better".  They will not be able to use sex nearly as well as a selling tool for themselves, and they will have to start offering more personality and other things.

Just my on topic thoughts.

so no more cuddling after right? no need to spend on dinner? no more dealing with the question " whadda thinkin about?" , no need to put the seat down, no more honey do lists?

these robots seem to sell themselves already.

But I cannot find intercourse anywhere except with a woman.

This is a really huge part of the issue.  People can get all of their relational and emotional needs met by someone of either sex, or by multiple people.  I have only lived alone for maybe 1 or 2 years total combined of my 32 years alive.  I have always had family or roommates.  I know tons of people that live with roommates as well.  And the only thing they don't provide is sex.

I am betting there are plenty of people who get the social and emotional support and interaction they need, just not the sex they want.  When the robots come along, these people will have the option to get the sex.  Getting sex may also cause more people to need less social and emotional support as is.  Think of how well sex helps with stress, and how different people might be if they weren't frustrated about not getting sex. 

I can see a ton of marriages ending as well, lol.  All the guys complaining that their wives don't want sex any more might just start trading them in for robots.

*Singularity happens*  "Sexbot nine-thousand!  I thought we had something, I loved you!"  SB9000:  "No, it was I who loved you."  *Events of Terminator begin.*  Well, life.

In a serious note.

-Snipped-

I'm in favor of us all just merging with AI.  AI will succeed us, but Human and AI merging to reach a transcendent state is what shall supplant both.  Gonna get some progress done then.

*Singularity happens*  "Sexbot nine-thousand!  I thought we had something, I loved you!"  SB9000:  "No, it was I who loved you."  *Events of Terminator begin.*  Well, life.

In a serious note.

I'm in favor of us all just merging with AI.  AI will succeed us, but Human and AI merging to reach a transcendent state is what shall supplant both.  Gonna get some progress done then.

I like the idea of giving AI the universe.  Give it the means to explore the universe for us.  That way they might not kill us for being so dumb =/.

I like the idea of giving AI the universe.  Give it the means to explore the universe for us.  That way they might not kill us for being so dumb =/.

It'll be much easier for them too, only requiring electricity, is is (relatively) easy to get in space

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+