Titan X at the price of a 980 Ti or a 980 Ti?

Coombzy

I know this sounds kind of stupid, but I have seen Titan X's at the same price as a 980 Ti (MSI), and i'm wondering whether to buy one or just save the cash and buy a reference 980 Ti. 

It sort of depends. If you plan on putting another card in SLI at some point, then go for the 980Ti, as you're going to be spending more on another Titan X later if you go for the Titan X. If not, then probably go for the Titan X, you'll likely be able to break even or even make some profit when it comes to selling it. 

I'd still get an aftermarket Ti as they'll blow past the Titan X... unless you're talking reference vs reference then I'd get the X.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

probbly a kingpin 980ti vs titan x lol

No, its an MSI 6G vs a Titan X the reference 980 Ti would save me £100.

if it costs the same how are you saving cash by buying a 980ti

If I were to buy a reference model vs buying the MSI 6G at the same price as a Titan X

Get the Titan. But be prepared for noise on reference.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

If I were to buy a reference model vs buying the MSI 6G at the same price as a Titan X

Could you link what you're talking about? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm confused about what you're talking about.

Could you link what you're talking about? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm confused about what you're talking about.

The Titan X I could buy costs the same as the aftermarket 980 TI (MSI) I was going to buy. If I were to buy a reference 980 Ti I would save £100.

thats a overpriced 980TI most likely

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The Titan X I could buy costs the same as the aftermarket 980 TI (MSI) I was going to buy. If I were to buy a reference 980 Ti I would save £100.

Link?

Well then it still doesn't make any sense to buy a titan x. Why would you? The performance is almost identical. If there is an aftermarket design for not much more than the reference go for that though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

get Titan X 

probably Gaming / Lightning Edition

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

get Titan X 

probably Gaming / Lightning Edition

I still want to see what they're talking about, price wise. All they've said is that they see a 980Ti and a Titan X for the same price. We don't know how expensive or inexpensive they are, or if they're from a reliable company that's not upselling or selling lemons.

I still want to see what they're talking about, price wise. All they've said is that they see a 980Ti and a Titan X for the same price. We don't know how expensive or inexpensive they are, or if they're from a reliable company that's not upselling or selling lemons.

theres a 980Ti that cost the same about the Titan X its 980Ti LN2 by Galax yet getting 980Ti lightning or 980Ti Platinum is like 200$ cheaper lol

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

theres a 980Ti that cost the same about the Titan X its 980Ti LN2 by Galax yet getting 980Ti lightning or 980Ti Platinum is like 200$ cheaper lol

Right, that too. So OP could be potentially overspending when they just want a 980ti.

+1 vote for overpriced 980 Ti

compare cheapest 980 TI reference, 980 Ti aftermarketcooler, Titan X

If the Titan X is + 20$ 980 Ti, might be worth.

Buy a custom 980Ti. My Card destroyes the TitanX mercyless.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO