[US Newegg] ADATA USB 3.0 128GB Flash Drive

Gingy

Ive seen better but by like $2. Go for it if you need it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

just because it supports USB3.0 does not mean its speeds will be good

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Current Newegg Deal:

ADATA USB 3.0 128GB Flash drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211868

Someone should load their usb 3.0 PC with a whole bunch of those in RAID 5 and see what the break even price/performance would be to an SSD. I would imagine that using them in raid 0 would be too unreliable. Perhaps something for @LinusTech to try?

Edited by Godlygamer23

Someone should load their usb 3.0 PC with a whole bunch of those in RAID 5 and see what the break even price/performance would be to an SSD. I would imagine that using them in raid 0 would be too unreliable. Perhaps something for @LinusTech to try?

It has been done before and ive seen people get 2GB/s

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I like the way you think. 

It'd be a fun little experiment. 

Pretty good deal.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i just got a nice 128 for around the same price. It's just amazing how much lower the cost of usb storage is now. However, i can't really see usb drives being around much longer. I give it a couple of years until we look at them like we do optical drives. It's a thing you might have, but something that you rarely if ever use. 

︻デ┳═ー - - - - === = -٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

i dont know why you need that much flsah drive space for but what do i know i still have 50 pounds of 1GB ide hdd stacked next to my desk

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

just because it supports USB3.0 does not mean its speeds will be good

I have a USB 3 drive gets like 1mb/s down... It is just horrible. 

Wouldn't work on Windows though because Disk Manager doesn't support external raid :'(. I've been able to natively do usb flashdrive raid 0 on linux though, read speeds hopped up from 12MB/s before raid to 18MB/s in raid (the flash drives are generic anyway, I've been able to get 20MB/s out of a single Sandisk USB2.0 drive, and 50MB/s out of a Datatraveler G3 usb3.0 drive)

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.