Virtual Reality Straw Poll

Hanno

Voted $5-10 an hours.

Seems like the most reasonable option.

But I really don't think you would be playing VR for that long honestly.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I wouldn't because:

1. Diseases
  2. I'd own it outright and not go to an internet cafe for this stuff

There are laws in Australia on how clean my stuff  had to be and this shit is crazy expensive plus you need a beast to run it

Voted $5-10 an hours.

Seems like the most reasonable option.

But I really don't think you would be playing VR for that long honestly.

Agreed

There are laws in Australia on how clean my stuff  had to be and this shit is crazy expensive plus you need a beast to run it

Doesn't change my opinion, and if I wanted to run VR, I would save up the money for it.

link broke

You need an option that says you wouldn't pay for the use of a public headset at all, there are just some things i wont do in public and that includes looking foolish while i wave my arms around in the air wearing a nerdy helmet. 

I'd bring my own VR set.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

You need an option that says you wouldn't pay for the use of a public headset at all, there are just some things i wont do in public and that includes looking foolish while i wave my arms around in the air wearing a nerdy helmet. 

this... describes what i was gonna say, but puts it in a much better way xD

Then don't do it

easy as that, and more that 1700 people say otherwise BTW there people are in melbourne

I wouldn't want to use it at all. I wouldn't want some strangers facial grease on me.

There are products that make another layer on the headset that is in contact with your face that we will be using, so this avoids this problem.

I'd bring my own VR set.

Yeah it would be better to have your own, but the equipment it crazy expensive and you need a rly good pc to run it.

Yeah it would be better to have your own, but the equipment it crazy expensive and you need a rly good pc to run it.

That's what I'm trying to do!  :P

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

None. I was one or the original crowd funders for oculus, receiving a dk1 as soon as they started shipping. I have no doubt I'll be adding a consumer model to my arsenal once they release, and turning my current dk1 into a nice wall decoration.

Oh, I say none because I'm buying VR, I see no point in going to a cafe for it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

None. I was one or the original crowd funders for oculus, receiving a dk1 as soon as they started shipping. I have no doubt I'll be adding a consumer model to my arsenal once they release, and turning my current dk1 into a nice wall decoration.

Oh, I say none because I'm buying VR, I see no point in going to a cafe for it.

Do you have the pc to run it, the controllers and the movement tracking. If you then have fun :)

Then don't do it

easy as that, and more that 1700 people say otherwise BTW there people are in melbourne

No need to get snippy, i was just saying you should have listed that as an option that's all. Would have made for a more accurate poll because then they people that wouldn't use such a service could have ticked it rather than selecting the lowest dollar amount or not voting at all, more data is always good especially when you're asking for input so you can make an informed decision. 

No need to get snippy, i was just saying you should have listed that as an option that's all. Would have made for a more accurate poll because then they people that wouldn't use such a service could have ticked it rather than selecting the lowest dollar amount or not voting at all, more data is always good especially when you're asking for input so you can make an informed decision. 

Sorry if i was rude in any way, I would change it but it is to late now but I will put in that option in later polls

Thanks For the help

Kind Regards

Hanno

Do you have the pc to run it, the controllers and the movement tracking. If you then have fun :)

Well, yes, quiet easily. I'm on 4k now, and run that decently. 4790k coupled with a Fury X.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

http://strawpoll.me/5583959

if you could take this survey it would be greatly appriciated

I posted this yesterday but I need more participants

Kind Regards

Hanno

in VR's current state there is no way you could leave someone unatteneded and expect them to be able to easily go from experience to experience. there would also need to be a 10-20 mins orientation to familiarise them with the rig.

Given public flight sims and race sims are somewhere in the area of $100 per hour (AUD) I cant see this being done so cheaply.

Perphas if you had a group of people, say 6 people, you could manage it for $30 a head, it would be more resonable to have three 30 min blocks of time with a 10 min break inbetween (for beers and pizza)

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.