US is falling behind the world on LTE speeds

sylarspock

First you are 19 there is no way you know enough about business to make any sort of informed decision. Especially since you think "cost centers" are hemorrhaging money.  Basically you fail to grasp basic accounting practices.

Second you did compare internet to electricity and water, but you failed to take into account how much goes into that cost per unit that they charge.  I guarantee you what you get charged is marked up considerably to account how much it actually cost them as a company as a whole.

third I sure would support AMD charging that much and would show that support by purchasing an Nvidia card or something with onboard graphics.

Lastly internet is not a necessity in today's life. you can survive quite fine without it and many people not only survive but also thrive.  How about we do a challenge. You go a week without water, and i'll go a week without internet.  We can meet back here and see how that went when its all over.

again you are 19 and you've only known a world with internet so I understand why you might think its a "right" and that the world would end should you not be able to go on the internet and look at funny pictures of cats, but in the end your argument is the epitome of a first world problem.

attachicon.giffirst world problems.png

Thanks for attacking me, and not my argument. You've lost the debate sir. Or more correctly, you've just forfeited it and made a complete moron and bastard of yourself. And for doing that, you are now blocked. Good game, and not well played. But, as a last words so to speak, I'll share this.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

My age doesn't matter, my life doesn't matter. What matters is the points I make are valid and have proof behind them. The point you've just made is I'm a first world problem spokesman, and what's wrong with that. I live in a first world country, and I want is the best life i can manage. And if it takes me complaining, and trying to inform people that there are obvious problems that NEED to be addressed, then that's what I'll fucking do, because these problems and criminal activities NEED to be addressed.

And secondly, tap water is not a necessity. Go to the ocean, scoop out a couple buckets and pour it into a pit covered with saran wrap, then collect condensation from wrap. BANG! you got fresh water! Electricity is not a necessity, just use candles to light your house. Vehicular transportation is not a necessity, you have two legs, use them! Even buying food from stores is not a necessity, just go out and stone a bird or squirrel in the local area and cook that over the candle you use to light your house at night.

Face it, INTERNET is as much a NECESSITY as any of those things. If you can't see that, then just move to west africa, and enjoy a life without it, since you obviously hate living in a first world, and don't want it to ever move past the problems it VERY obviously has.

the only reason the US is a first world country is because it continues to adapt and advance, if we stop advancing because we're a first world country now, then in 20 years we'll be as shitty as any third world country.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Thanks for attacking me, and not my argument. You've lost the debate sir. Or more correctly, you've just forfeited it and made a complete moron and bastard of yourself.

My age doesn't matter, my life doesn't matter. What matters is the points I make are valid and have proof behind them. The point you've just made is I'm a first world problem spokesman, and what's wrong with that. I live in a first world country, and I want is the best life i can manage. And if it takes me complaining, and trying to inform people that there are obvious problems that NEED to be addressed, then that's what I'll fucking do, because these problems and criminal activities NEED to be addressed.

And secondly, tap water is not a necessity.

Face it, INTERNET is as much a NECESSITY as any of those things. If you can't see that, then just move to west africa, and enjoy a life without it, since you obviously hate living in a first world, and don't want it to ever move past the problems it VERY obviously has.

the only reason the US is a first world country is because it continues to adapt and advance, if we stop advancing because we're a first world country now, then in 20 years we'll be as shitty as any third world country.

Thanks for attacking me, and not my argument. You've lost the debate sir. Or more correctly, you've just forfeited it and made a complete moron and bastard of yourself.

I have no problem admitting I'm a bastard, hell I've been called worse by better, but a moron not so much. Oh and pointing out your age is quite relative and not an attack. Pointing out a lack of experience is not an attack its a statement of fact.

And secondly, tap water is not a necessity & Face it, INTERNET is as much a NECESSITY.

Um yes it is, and I understand what sort of point you are ATTEMPTING to make but people who go without water die without exception. The same goes with food.  Electricity you are correct it isn't a "right" as you can survive without it, but preserving food and a host of other things that goes into staying alive becomes more difficult.  Internet on the other hand

My age doesn't matter, my life doesn't matter. What matters is the points I make are valid and have proof behind them.

Yes it does.  You were born around between 95-97, and there's nothing wrong with that. However when you were in diapers the internet actually started to become available to the masses.  By 2000 it was fairly ubiquitous but most people connected via dial up, and I was one of them.  You were born into the digital age and your perspective is born from that. Nothing wrong with it, but again the perspective becomes skewed much the way my own perspective is skewed by having lived in a world where going on the internet required the use of a phone line.

Also you've provided no proof. You linked an blog on Huffpo about a guy ranting because his cable bill went up after the 1 year contract was over. Which happens to everyone. You then went on to say there are other sources but never provided links. I attempted to find them myself, but none of them referred to the problem you were citing. 

the only reason the US is a first world country is because it continues to adapt and advance

Hard work, Innovation, free market economy, moderate government funding, and the baby boom is why we are where we are now.

trying to inform people that there are obvious problems that NEED to be addressed

There are a number of different "problems" you could of tried to address and I would of agreed with you.  For instance companies merging and then dividing the market share so their own divisions don't compete with each other. Forcing people to pay rental fees on equipment long past the time the equipment has been paid for by the consumer. (not to be confused with paying a monthly fee up to the price of the modem to avoid the up front cost). There are others but this wall of text is large enough, and I really need to pee.

So, we managed to beat the US in something to do with networks, that's nice....until your threshold finishes enjoy your 6kbps downloads.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide