Laptops with Expresscard slot ?

jakey

Hi everyone,

Looking for a decent laptop (preferably from this century, lol) that has an expresscard slot.

Ive seen a few over £1000 and the cheap ones ive found are from 2009/10 ish.

Trying to find a compromise, relitivly new laptop with expresscard without breaking the bank, any suggestions ? thanks

Hi everyone,

They are pretty rare

What do you need in a laptop?

Why do you need expresscard

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

but... why would you need an expresscard slot?

long story man, i just do

long story man, i just do

http://www.i-tec-europe.eu/produkt/velke/USB2EX.jpg

i guess stuff like this is your best pick, if you dont want to get a horrible laptop.

(some buisiness grade laptops may still have them, but even true buisiness grade laptops are becoming a hard find...)

http://www.i-tec-europe.eu/produkt/velke/USB2EX.jpg

i guess stuff like this is your best pick, if you dont want to get a horrible laptop.

(some buisiness grade laptops may still have them, but even true buisiness grade laptops are becoming a hard find...)

no, i want it in the laptop, sorry for being picky

also forgot to mention, dont really care about specs i just want expresscard slot and bigger screen size the better

ThinkPad W541 has an ExpressCard, but its >$2,600 right now (usually $2,900 but its on sale).

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Why do you need one? You're not trying to install a fax modem, are you?

You do know that you can get USB-expresscard adapters, right?

Why do you need one? You're not trying to install a fax modem, are you?

You do know that you can get USB-expresscard adapters, right?

no im not and i know u can but as i said earlier i want it in the laptop

no im not and i know u can but as i said earlier i want it in the laptop

Understood, but that's just a MASSIVE waste of money. It makes no logical sense to spend money on a laptop with an expresscard slot that costs as much as a used car.

Just get a fancy adapter or something, save the money :)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro // CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.2GHz // GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Reference // RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1333MHz // MOBOASUS P8Z77-V LK // SPACE: 240GB Crucial M500 SSD ~ WD Black 1TB // PSU: Corsair CX750M //

CASE: Cooler Master Elite 130 // CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 @4.0GHz // GPU: N/A // RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @1600MHz // MOBOEVGA Z87 Stinger Mini-ITX // SPACE: OCZ ARC 100 120GB SSD ~ [2X WD Black 2TB in RAID 1] // PSU: EVGA 430W //

Understood, but that's just a MASSIVE waste of money. It makes no logical sense to spend money on a laptop with an expresscard slot that costs as much as a used car.

Just get a fancy adapter or something, save the money :)

i completly agree, i wouldnt spend that much on a laptop but as i said ive seen laptops with a expresscard slot for less than £200, whilst id prefer a newer model, if i cant find one the older specs dont bother me really so would just buy an old cheap one, but trying to find a relitivly new one at resonable price

so, has anyone got info of a laptop i want ? lol

so, has anyone got info of a laptop i want ? lol

They just arnt put into laptops anymore outside of specific business/workstation grade machines.. the reason being that 99% of people dont need one anymore

I would still like to know why you need it, as knowing what you need the laptop to do could help us with recommendations 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ35U4883&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-All+Laptops+%2f+Notebooks-_-9SIA0AJ35U4883&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvo6wBRCG3Zv92ZSLlIYBEiQA5PLVArfI0TuDuen1DZBuQk4L_F-zFHjiMpfgWK06b9MWj3YaAoM18P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Check this one out maybe? quick googling 

External GPU is all i can think of also But hes probably scared to say what the reason is for backlash that everyone will give him lol 

Also if this is the Reason why not try looking for a laptop that has a PCI E slot instead as i think it would be easier but the acess to them is harder obviously. i would look for laptops with optional tv tuners or some that still use pcie for wifi? 

They just arnt put into laptops anymore outside of specific business/workstation grade machines.. the reason being that 99% of people dont need one anymore

I would still like to know why you need it, as knowing what you need the laptop to do could help us with recommendations 

i want it for an internal capture card

i want it for an internal capture card

Oh, goodness, if that's really all you need it for, find a laptop with a couple of M.2 slots and an M.2-profille capture card and you'll be set to go! No need for ancient, decrepit old standards like ExpressCard, good heavens! The last time I saw one of those on a laptop, it had a Mobile Athlon. Yes. A MOBILE ATHLON. Not Athlon 64, not Athlon X2. An ATHLON.

Oh, goodness, if that's really all you need it for, find a laptop with a couple of M.2 slots and an M.2-profille capture card and you'll be set to go! No need for ancient, decrepit old standards like ExpressCard, good heavens! The last time I saw one of those on a laptop, it had a Mobile Athlon. Yes. A MOBILE ATHLON. Not Athlon 64, not Athlon X2. An ATHLON.

The one i just posted has a i7-3520m still old but a good pross still for regular usage but its priced crazy high when you could buy  a much better laptop and a much better capture card for less then the cost but yeah the last time they made them when a lot of laptops had them your probably right 

no such thing as an m.2 capture card

There is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avermedia-CM311B-HD-video-M-2-capture-card-/141733033917

This one is from the Aorus X5

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Please first do some research and then start a topic. 90% of the time Google will just spit you the anwsers.

Literally was just going to post the same product! *stares angrily* 

lel

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap