GPU needed for 5760x1080 120Hz?

Well I only game, so i cant comment on professional applications. Currently on surround I can use almost 3gb of memory. Only time will tell but if history repeats itself surely the games for the next two years will double the amount of vram required. Even if one titan cant use 6gb of vram, i have no doubts two can. Again i would never recomment somone run a single titan except in rare use cases. The point of the titan is that 2 780's will quickly exceed 3gb of vram and as such the 780 is a horrible card to sli because its almost vram capped out of the box in high end titles. SLI titans gives the two gk110 chips the vram buffer need to run SLI for at least 2-3 years of use.

Well for 60 fps I would say it def could be a good choice (sli 780). I have like zero doubt that the titan can use more than 3gb but prolly not 6gb. Remember when sli for 60 fps, I think each card only needs to render 30 so its like a lot less demanding. Id def recommend waiting and seeing the hd 9970 and possibly crossfiring that. They claim it can like beat a titan :)

<3

Stepg

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I think I recall another poster here awhile ago def talking about the limits of the titan in gaming. Search function def isnt working atm tho :(, but I only did a lil searching so you def could be right.
<3
Steph

That is a common misconception being throw around the internet, again caused by pricing. Just like a 670 can never be better than a 680, a 780 can never be better than a titan. They are the exact same chip, same architecture, but the 780 has less cuda cores.Theres no smoke and mirrors, the titan has more power. I think what people are seeing is gpu boost 2.0 throttling their titan setups due to temperature and that is skewing the results, i dont know. But i can promise if you take a gtx 780 and a titan and watercool them both so temperature is not an issue, the titan will always win. It has to, its the same card with more cuda cores.
Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I doubt you can do 120hz gaming on triple monitors. 60hz, yes, dual Titans or better yet triple 780 + some i7 3930k 6-core to feed the GPUs.

I already have a 3930k, I can do 4-way SLI (even though scaling is horrendous). How does a 780 scale up to Titans in means of professional apps (Blender, Photoshop, Premiere, etc)?

Spoiler

That is a common misconception being throw around the internet, again caused by pricing. Just like a 670 can never be better than a 680, a 780 can never be better than a titan. They are the exact same chip, same architecture, but the 780 has less cuda cores.Theres no smoke and mirrors, the titan has more power. I think what people are seeing is gpu boost 2.0 throttling their titan setups due to temperature and that is skewing the results, i dont know. But i can promise if you take a gtx 780 and a titan and watercool them both so temperature is not an issue, the titan will always win. It has to, its the same card with more cuda cores.

Oh yes def I agree thats why the 780 can totally overclock better than a titan because they make custom fan designs!! But I would love to see a watercooled titan and see jus how super amazing it is!!!

<3

Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

The new driver has been out since August 1st. Also I would def go with a gtx 780 as thw titan totally cannot use the extra Vram hence why at like 1440p its still no faster than a 780. Id totally wait for the HD 9970.

<3

Steph

Cant wait to see wait amd has up their sleeve. Especially on the desktop cpu market. Amd will always be my first love and intel is definetly not your friend without a strong competitor. 

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

The new driver has been out since August 1st. Also I would def go with a gtx 780 as thw titan totally cannot use the extra Vram hence why at like 1440p its still no faster than a 780. Id totally wait for the HD 9970.

<3

Steph

The hell? Who told you that? Of course any card can use any amount of VRAM, it's all about drivers. Titan can use 6GB if it needs them, same like 770 can use 4GB if it needs them. etc.

That's just a myth, people broke through the 'you cant go more than X vram idiot" multiple times already... "No game will use more than 1GB loooooool"... "DONT TAKE 2GB CARD"...

Also there was a wise man who said that humans will never need more than a few computers.

Whether it's worth it to upgrade to Titan which has more features than 780 is a question you have to answer yourself lol. If you can afford it that means you are very succesful man and as such, lol, why not? You'll be safe with 2x Titan for few years.

Titans haven't had most of double precision calculations based parts cut off so you can still do it with it very efficiently, they have 6GB of VRAM and a few hundred more CUDA cores than 780.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Why is everyone saying titans, 780 performs near identical.....

Because RAM........

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

3x 120hz 24" screens.
I watched this a few days ago,...2xNvidia 680's Above.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

The hell? Who told you that? Of course any card can use any amount of VRAM, it's all about drivers. Titan can use 6GB if it needs them, same like 770 can use 4GB if it needs them. etc.

That's just a myth, people broke through the 'you cant go more than X vram idiot" multiple times already... "No game will use more than 1GB loooooool"... "DONT TAKE 2GB CARD"...

Also there was a wise man who said that humans will never need more than a few computers.

Whether it's worth it to upgrade to Titan which has more features than 780 is a question you have to answer yourself lol. If you can afford it that means you are very succesful man and as such, lol, why not? You'll be safe with 2x Titan for few years.

Titans haven't had most of double precision calculations based parts cut off so you can still do it with it very efficiently, they have 6GB of VRAM and a few hundred more CUDA cores than 780.

Everything that I've read has said that to use THAT much Vram in a gaming setting you need like far more power.  The titan can only use the Vram in professional applications where it can actually store and render without any power (IE like Quadro Cards).  To use 6GB of Vram or load that many high resolution textures, you would need like a ton more power than the Titan has.  I think the theory is, the Titan will be bottlenecked way before 6GB of Vram can be used.  Just like the HD 7970 has trouble passed 2.5GB of Vram in games because it's only so strong.

Everything that I've read has said that to use THAT much Vram in a gaming setting you need like far more power.  The titan can only use the Vram in professional applications where it can actually store and render without any power (IE like Quadro Cards).  To use 6GB of Vram or load that many high resolution textures, you would need like a ton more power than the Titan has.  I think the theory is, the Titan will be bottlenecked way before 6GB of Vram can be used.  Just like the HD 7970 has trouble passed 2.5GB of Vram in games because it's only so strong.

It doesnt have any problem to pass some magical sweet spot you guys have in your urban mythology. Games just dont require this kind of memory... right NOW.

What about the future? =)

And the theory about getting out of power before getting out of vram is scrapped the moment you think what happens if you actually do run out of vram. You can do SLI of 4x 770 2GB and they wont be better than 7970 3GB in 3x 1080p in some games... They have the power but they lack around 1GB of vram. 'oops'.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

It doesnt have any problem to pass some magical sweet spot you guys have in your urban mythology. Games just dont require this kind of memory... right NOW.

What about the future? =)

And the theory about getting out of power before getting out of vram is scrapped the moment you think what happens if you actually do run out of vram. You can do SLI of 4x 770 2GB and they wont be better than 7970 3GB in 3x 1080p in some games... They have the power but they lack around 1GB of vram. 'oops'.

Well, I think we kinda are on the same page here.  But like, by the time where 6GB of Vram is main stream like 2GB is, the Titan's power will be vastly outdone :).  If I had to take a complete guess, if a game is coded somewhat decently, I would say the Titan would bottleneck around 4.5GB of vram or so :)