Seagate HDD Sale

Elfuego

So um I got this in my inbox from seagate. I decided to improve their poster.

yreJIeN.jpg

*The Following image is for entertainment purposes only.

Seagate is actually not that bad. *grabs popcorn*

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU ON ABOUT DO YOU HAVE F**KING IDEA HOW S**T THEY ARE 

:D

If my home collection wasnt running at an AFR of over 80% (compared to 0 failures with HGST/WD Red Pros I would agree). This is on a drive population of ~45 drives.

I wont even buy them for work anymore where we have had hundreds fail.

If I remember correctly, their high end server stuff is actually pretty well regarded.

If my home collection wasnt running at an AFR of over 80% (compared to 0 failures with HGST/WD Red Pros I would agree). This is on a drive population of ~45 drives.

I wont even buy them for work anymore.

I have had multiple Seagates in the past and they haven't failed me. Even a 750GB Barracuda from 2009 is still running fine, it's not even that slow.

I also have had a few Western Digitals, from old Caviar drives around 1995 (I was curious with old PCs) to a new WD Blue laptop drive, which haven't failed yet either.

I have had multiple Seagates in the past and they haven't failed me. Even a 750GB Barracuda from 2009 is still running fine, it's not even that slow.

I also have had a few Western Digitals, from old Caviar drives around 1995 (I was curious with old PCs) to a new WD Blue laptop drive, which haven't failed yet either.

Ye seagate went to crap post 2009.

If I remember correctly, their high end server stuff is actually pretty well regarded.

Possibly but we had a lot of constellation failures at work; though it was still a relatively small sample size (as consumer drives are still kinda king in a lot of enterprise space anyway - there isnt a significant failure rate difference to my knowledge [backblaze agrees] but there is a huge cost difference).

Personally we use HGST Ultrastar's at work and they cost a bit more but they are so solid Its worth it.

Also see this: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

I've heard that's because they switched part of manufacturing to China. If you get the Seagates from Thailand, they are fine. From China, you have a considerably higher chance for failure.

Last server station i was working at, the technician was in the middle of replacing every seagate drive for an hgst, because they had just too many fail on them, and it was starting to cause problems for clients. Although, I don't recall what drive models they were, so I can't be sure if they were all commercial or consumer drives.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I've heard that's because they switched part of manufacturing to China. If you get the Seagates from Thailand, they are fine. From China, you have a considerably higher chance for failure.

Ye due to thailand floods.

All the 2/3/4 TBs are chinese. I think 1TB and 500Gb are thailand and possibly the enterprise stuff is thailand as well. But I wouldn't use their cosumer drives if you paid me.

Would rather write my data on burning paper than a seagate drive.

NOPE! they were crap even then. had a seagate barracuda 750 gb from 2007-8 ish go out after only1 year and a half of operation. and full on unrecoverable data.

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

NOPE! they were crap even then. had a seagate barracuda 750 gb from 2007-8 ish go out after only1 year and a half of operation. and full on unrecoverable data.

Most of the pre-2009 drives wouldn't fall over that often, but aye still not the best.