Does anyone still like the story in Assassin's Creed games?

ManOfDisguise

So I got AC4 a long time ago free from a guy, CD version n all. Just yesterday though I really started it and now I'm on like the 8th sequence and goddamn this game is boring and just repeating the same things. You pretty much do 3 things:

1. tail people/listen to their conversations and eventually kill them

2. fight ship battles

3. steal something

And these 3 things just keep repeating after each other, mission after mission, sequence after sequence. 

There are maybe max 3 interesting characters and even those arent too interesting. The villains are crap.

I know the story in AC games isnt anything too special but I enjoyed Brotherhood more than this. However it is true all AC games have these missions which dont change much and you mostly do the same things.

I'm giving up on this boring, lackluster story and maybe I'll give the open world a shot and do some free roaming and what not.

Do you guys still find the story in AC games to be good?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Also not to mention. You start out as a pirate. You kill an assassin, take his clothes and suddenly you are pr0 mlg assassin and have pr0 assassin skills, not even trained, dont even know the creed or what not. WTF

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Nah, AC II story was the only good one...

^ Actually the only AC game I bought...

it's a never ending story of ubisoft montreal's bullshittery

and i wonder how long the franchise will keep going...

Specs of my PC:

Yeah ACIV is shit, I got it for like £10 and I got bored of it extremely fast. ACIII was a game I actually enjoyed a little bit though, no idea why.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I honestly used to love the AC story line, I played them on ps3, and I used to get platinum on all of them so I knew everything that went on, and did all the secret stuff and collectables and all that. But then Assassin's Creed III came along.... I was already getting a little tired of the series, because lets be honest, revelations wasn't all that and nothing lived up to AC II. 

But AC III was something else... a whole new level of disappointment which I somehow struggled through just to know how the story would develop, and I thought, okay, it can't get any worse than that. Then I played 2 hours of Black Flag.  <_<

Needless to say I don't care about the story anymore

That being said I may pick up Syndicate when it's on a good sale if it turns out to even be an 'ok' game, but that's just because it's finally set in the UK/London loool

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

ac 1 was good

ac2 was better

acb was the best

acr was good

ac 3 above sucked

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Nope, I was intrested with AC1/2 then it became the yearly cash cow and I stopped caring.

4 was ...weird with how meta it was and I wish I knew what to make of it cause it was intriguing, but being I missed out on brotherhood, rev and 3 none of it made any sense to me.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I do love the AC games, I just don't care for the story anymore. I tend to put more effort into the side missions and such rather than the story anymore :)

Hopefully Syndicate will change this though! Still yet to play Unity..

The story in the first game was really enjoyable for what it was, it's my personal favorite AC game probably because it's the first one I played but at this point the story is just being drug out for no reason other than making money, I haven't played Unity but in AC4 there was barely any story progression involving Abstergo. It's fucking ridiculous, the series should have ended with 3. 

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Nope, not after ACII.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Black Flag was a Fun Game, but storywise...AC was always kind of boring.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Honestly if u're aiming good and deep storyline, try to play games that have a japanese developer influences. Especially console exclusives.

U can't hope that much from American developer such as ubisoft or EA.

In the AC games, what drove me was the story lines. A good or interesting story line at least.

AC was intriguing, gameplay was a bit naff but enough to draw me in.
AC 2 was fantastic for the storyline, improved gameplay that was a bit glitchy, characters you enjoyed working around. Frankly it set the standard.
AC 2 Brotherhood built upon this with the cut scenes, multiple story lines and outside world. 
Same again for Revelations.

AC 3 I cussed at all the way through, I hated the story, the lead characters (Connor I took more enjoyment out of killing than winning), hated the game play, hated how you made money, felt no real connection to any of the characters, it felt a real mash together of stuff with no real consensus of the greater game or story.

AC4 pulled a lot of that back, the outside world was rather annoying and lackluster but in the animus it was for the most part fun. And I enjoyed playing Edward. Felt we could have done with a little bit of his England experiences chucked in too.

AC5, well that went down like a s*** tonne of manure. 
Game play, well we all know of the problems that had (on that note, mean to test it on windows 10, have the records of frame rates and glitches from before).
The story line was really hit and miss like having massive gaps and no real motivation!
The love story was so broken up you didnt feel it.
The other story lines and side missions felt like an after thought.
And there was no outside world to it!
Desmond was the initial driving force, you got a rough idea in #4 with abstergo which built on the outside world a little but not much, this one left you entirely clueless. No revelations, no sneeky littlle tid bits hidden to entice you to buy the next game.

As to Syndicate,,,,,, 
As some one who used to pre-order, never again. Will wait for the reviews and if its bad again, not wasting my money on something I wont enjoy.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

AC was never good to begin with.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Do you guys still find the story in AC games to be good?

I actually really enjoyed the story of Desmond, but they decided not to continue it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The story went to down the drain after assassin's creed 2 because the person who created/produced it left because he didn't like ubisoft.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).