AMD Volcanic Islands Pricing (9970)

Nice, i will deffinetly buy one (if they performe the same as the rumors)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Nice, i will deffinetly buy one (if they performe the same as the rumors)

Just an FYI, this is the Never Settle Forever (the new name) that will be coming with it. Note that the 1st upper row is the old Never Settle and the 2nd lower row is the new Never Settle Forever games.

amd_gaming_evolved_roadmap.jpg

Left to Right: Grid 2, Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome II, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Lost Planet 3, Battlefield 4, Raven's Cry, and Watch Dogs.

And apparently they are going to let us choose which games we want now. Rather than us get a pre-determined set of games with no choice beyond which GPU we get.

Here, "the power to choose. Soon. ;)"

So yeah. Pretty awesome that the 9970 will be cheaper than the GTX 780, come with a lot of awesome games, and we can choose which bundle we want. :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just an FYI, this is the Never Settle Forever (the new name) that will be coming with it. Note that the 1st upper row is the old Never Settle and the 2nd lower row is the new Never Settle Forever games.

Left to Right: Grid 2, Company of Heroes 2, 

And apparently they are going to let us choose which games we want now. Rather than us get a pre-determined set of games with no choice beyond which GPU we get.

So yeah. Pretty awesome that the 9970 will be cheaper than the GTX 780, come with a lot of awesome games, and we can choose which bundle we want. :D

Gosh that is so awesome. Why did i get a 770 -.-

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I knew I better waited before buying a new 780! And so I did

Intel Core i5 4670k 》Asus Z87 GRYPHON 》8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

Asus R9 280 STRIX 3GB》Samsung 840EVO 250gb 》Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Corsair GS 800W 》Corsair 350D Case 》Corsair Hydro H110

Left to Right: Grid 2, Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome II, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Lost Planet 3, Battlefield 4, Raven's Cry, and Watch Dogs.

Awww no Blood Dragon

Awww no Blood Dragon

Excitement causes blindness apparently... :p

Intel Core i5 4670k 》Asus Z87 GRYPHON 》8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

Asus R9 280 STRIX 3GB》Samsung 840EVO 250gb 》Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Corsair GS 800W 》Corsair 350D Case 》Corsair Hydro H110

splinter cell and watch dogs are supposed to come with Nvidia cards aren't they?

Edit: also that Thief game isn't on the list either lol

goood news, nvidia with $$ in their eyes need some ass-whopping

Darn. I should have waited to build my pc when 9950/9970 came out. I have a 7950 

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

if i heard it right the first time

the 9970 is supposed to be 5% faster than the Titan

if its true it would be a disappointment

ill try to find a slightly used 7970 on a forum  :/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

One source and people are getting all hyped up?

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

if i heard it right the first time

the 9970 is supposed to be 5% faster than the Titan

if its true it would be a disappointment

ill try to find a slightly used 7970 on a forum  :/

photo.jpg

So... you are saying you will not buy a 9970, which is supposedly 5% faster than a $1000 card for $550 that comes with a few free new AAA games and would rather have a 7970. 

*confused*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

photo.jpg

So... you are saying you will not buy a 9970, which is supposedly 5% faster than a $1000 card for $550 that comes with a few free new AAA games and would rather have a 7970. 

*confused*

for a next gen card i was expecting at least 15%+

not to mention the 780GTX is pretty much on par

its still a rumor but we will see

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This picture is FAKE! Watch Dogs is NV game... maybe some of them right(BF4), but the other are FAKE!

It's still a 28nm card. You can only go so far.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

But Titan is based on gk110 not the gk 104. The gk110 is a very large chip. You can there for pack a lot of cuda cores into it. Amd had made a different sized chip in awile. They have use two smaller chips on the same pcb to satisfy the very high end cards. So that would mean that the 9990 or what ever the call it would go toe to toe with the Titan at the 1000 dollar range. If the 9970 is faster than Titan then this thing would beat Titan by a lot.

It will be a 15% improvement when compared to the 7970 which was AMD's previous flagship. You really can't expect the 9970 to completely destroy a card that came out this year (Titan or 780)... (who knows, maybe driver updates in the future make it a lot better)

EDIT: I'm at 666 posts lol

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Going by the rumored specifications the 9970 will have a 410mm sized chip, the Titan has a 551mm sized chip, that's significantly larger.
However, AMD did some insane things before, the 4870 for example was less than half the size of the GTX 280 and provided 80% of the performance.

AMD....are doing some crazy shit.

Clap.gif

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

True, but it is cheaper than a GTX 780 and comes with a few AAA games. With a rebate that would bring the price down to like $400 (if you take away $60 for every AAA game since they are all new). Pretty tempting in all honesty.

This picture is FAKE! Watch Dogs is NV game... maybe some of them right(BF4), but the other are FAKE!

I disagree. According to this interview, it is indeed called Never Settle Forever and is coming in August (now). While that does not say "Watch Dogs is one of the games", it does imply this image is likely legitimate.

It was leaked to WCCFTech, Guru3D, as well. Just saying. 

It's still a 28nm card. You can only go so far.

This.

It will be a 15% improvement when compared to the 7970 which was AMD's previous flagship. You really can't expect the 9970 to completely destroy a card that came out this year (Titan or 780)... (who knows, maybe driver updates in the future make it a lot better)

Driver updates. Hopefully AMD does better this go around on those. I am hopeful. :)

† Christian Member †

yeah but the price for 15%+ is just too much

i could possible get a really good second hand 7970 for less than 250$

when u looks at best bang for the buck u cant go wrong with the 7970 (even new)

but still the 9970 might be much more superior than the 3dmark benchmark showed

if it turned out to be amazing i wont mind paying 550$

you know before  every jump was almost two times faster

8800GTX - GTX 280 - GTX 480 

9800GTX - GTX 285 - GTX 580

now its seems GPUS are going on the road of the CPU one new generation with a small bump

EDIT

LOL 999 posts