Mini ITX build under $600

Go to solution Solved by Jvagle875,

Well I was also thinking about waiting until the 9000 series gpus are released and I thought that an APU would suffice until then. What do you think about that? A 5800k and some fast ram should play games on low well enough right?

It should do alright, If you plan on doing a new system in the fall, then I'd say that that would be a decent enough placeholder. Just bring down the resolution to 720p and it'll be alright. Just be realistic with your performance expectations. Maybe grab a decent case and PSU that way you can keep those for the new system?

Can you stretch you budget just a bit?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1qZxR

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That is a valid point. Is there any word on Haswell i3's release date?

I remember reading something about September or so? http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2013/2013062501_New_Intel_CPUs_to_launch_in_September.html

Looks like Spetember - October. I plan on building something similar to this in price with one of those, but if you can't wait, I don't see a reason why Ivy wouldn't suffice.

I remember reading something about September or so? http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2013/2013062501_New_Intel_CPUs_to_launch_in_September.html

Looks like Spetember - October. I plan on building something similar to this in price with one of those, but if you can't wait, I don't see a reason why Ivy wouldn't suffice.

Well I was also thinking about waiting until the 9000 series gpus are released and I thought that an APU would suffice until then. What do you think about that? A 5800k and some fast ram should play games on low well enough right?

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

It should do alright, If you plan on doing a new system in the fall, then I'd say that that would be a decent enough placeholder. Just bring down the resolution to 720p and it'll be alright. Just be realistic with your performance expectations. Maybe grab a decent case and PSU that way you can keep those for the new system?

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Alright that is what I'll plan on doing. Thanks for the help!  :)

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

DON'T go with ANY APU with this budget.

Consider this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1rqGE

And no, the i3 won't bottleneck the 7870

You can get much more power for that amount of money, so dont waste it on an apu.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses