weird classes that i need to take in my university that i just started?

saiftech

just started my first year in a university and the classes that i take is pretty weird and it makes me feel like im back in school the subjects are

Advising

Math

Global

English

Arabic

Islamic

i study in UAE and i have zero idea why we have to take these classes these are meant for school not collage so why are we taking these subjects?

the worst parts are that im terrible in Math and i hate that subject

and English - i have no idea why i have to take english class i already passed CEBA and ILETS and have a 90+ mark on it on a school 12th grade subject

Advising? - why do we have to take Advising? i already know what i want to be when i grow up so why do we have to take it instead of what we want to study?

Global - why such a random class? why global?? global feels like a really really random class that we have to take

Arabic and islamic - ok i know that if i stay at my arabic class then il 100% fail in my class no doubt about it i started studying arabic and islamic in the 8th grade instead of Kingerkurten which i have no skill on writing and reading arabic so its a 100% fail!

thats pretty much can someone explain why we have to take these subjects? when i thought about being in a collage i thought its would be like me picking any subjects that i wanna learn and study from and not being forced to take it inorder to pass i really regrade picking this collage i really want to pick another collage but dont think its possible right now its just too late

would it be possible for me to finish the 2 years in this crappy collage till i can study abroad in California maybe?

Arabic, islamic?

wtfic?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

"just started my first year in a university" 

" it makes me feel like im back in school "

What exactly do you think a university is?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Generally isn't university meant to be something you're interested in? I mean how it's done in the UK(for the most part), you do A-levels and you have to have a good personal statement that shows your interest in that subject area to even get considered for a course. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I found that in my first year of college a lot of the subject were revision of the foundations of the topics needed for my course. Which i had happened to have already studied at school. 

So yeah, :P

maybe they're useful for the rest of your course? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

"just started my first year in a university" 

" it makes me feel like im back in school "

What exactly do you think a university is?

i expected that we get to pick a subject that we are intersted in and not being forced to study these subject that we dont want or dont need!

What degree are you going for? Didn't you look up the curriculum before you started? I just started for electrical engineering and I'm doing calc, logic design, history, a bible class, and 2 little engineering classes.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

i expected that we get to pick a subject that we are intersted in and not being forced to study these subject that we dont want or dont need!

Prepare for law, economics and philosophy too!

I'm not saying it's 100%, but it's common classes in most universities and specialties.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Arabic, islamic?

wtfic?

and english dont forget thats also a useless subject i mean i already passed english at school with a 90% and passed in IELETS with a 5.5 and got CEPA english almost a full mark!

English class is so freaken usless!

and arabic islamic? really? i what world is arabic and islamic a requirement in finding a job? in my country NON!

I took a Philosophy class during while getting my engineering degree. Sometimes the rules dont make a lot of sense, but it's what you have to do. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I really hated how my first year of college felt like it was nothing but high school V2. Now that I specified a specific engineering major I have a much more specific set of classes. I hate speech though.