Please title your posts with ACTUAL titles...

AstroBenny

It's rather annoying when people title their post's with one or few words such as:

"Ram?"

"New CPU?"

"PC Help."

"I NEED HELP PLEASE HELP PC won't work HELP!!

What I'm trying to say is, make your title informative. It really doesn't take much. If you include sufficient details, people can see your post and consider whether they'd be able to help you or not.

UnInformative titles are just lazy and don't help anyone when visiting forums looking for tech advice..

See you around!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

updoot

Unlike the title of the book, the title of a thread should be one that gives a good introduction and basic overview of what the thread is about. Glad someone else understands.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

This thread will achieve absolutely nothiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Now ask yourself this: what happens when this thread leaves the "recent topics" board? Yup, nobody will ever see it anymore. So what did it accomplish exactIy

I just wanted to share my opinion and slight frustration.

This thread will achieve absolutely nothiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

But at least it had an accurate title

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm more inclined to click on one of the titles you listed and not the titles you want.

same here 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Exactly.

Post it every 30 minutes so it stays there OP.

/solved

And get banned for spamming.

this thread is doing nothing but pushing out actual questions people have.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

while i completely agree, i also dont want to see overly detailed titles and then the post just saying "see title"  those are even worse...

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The name of this thread is not a real title.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

A good solution would be to require a certain word count in the title before a post can be submitted.

It's rather annoying when people title their post's with one or few words such as:

"Ram?"

"New CPU?"

"PC Help."

"I NEED HELP PLEASE HELP PC won't work HELP!!

What I'm trying to say is, make your title informative. It really doesn't take much. If you include sufficient details, people can see your post and consider whether they'd be able to help you or not.

Informative titles are just lazy and don't help anyone when visiting forums looking for tech advice..

See you around!

you should have titled this "HELP" to prove your point. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Why does it matter? If the thread itself has enough information i could care less. I get angry when people are like : "What cpu do i get" then they tell you nothing. No budget, no "i game" or "i do video work", just what cpu should i get. Like, thanks bud. That is gonna help me help you. 

Jerry-HelpMe.gif

Derp_4db52b_4063670.jpg

Anybody know what title would summon our master Linus into a thread & respond?

Details separate people.

A good solution would be to require a certain word count in the title before a post can be submitted.

U mean like Tom's hardware or something lol

This thread oh geez

Thanks!

Chris R.

Oh if only people just took the time to write a proper title... I mean it takes like 10 seconds instead of 2.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

Claims of deceptive advertising, taking bribes for good reviews, stuff like that

EDIT: I can almost feel his blood pressure rise when he sees another thread posted about it ;) ;) ;):P

Edited by Chris_R.

Thanks!

Chris R.

free socks and sandles in Vancouver 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Claims of deceptive advertising, taking bribes for good reviews, stuff like that

EDIT: I can almost feel his blood pressure rise when he sees another thread posted about it ;) ;) ;):P

screenshot_linustechtips_com_2015_09_12_

aAdzY6V.gif

Details separate people.

"[CAN only]Free socks and sandals on Amazon!!"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/