beats uncomfortable as shit

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by SSL,

can you verify what is right and what is not

Well for one, the lowest note on a standard 88-key piano is 27.5Hz, not 25.

You do not have to turn the volume "way up" to hear sub-bass in headphones. You just need a headphone that isn't SHIT.

The notion that "deepear bass = louder playback" is presented as factual when it is not at all clear how the author reached that conclusion. The few studies that have been done on the subject generally conclude that people are more likely to turn the volume up when there is LESS bass, in order to compensate for an apparently bass-light presentation. Excess bass should if anything be safer because people won't have that tendency.

While it is true that listening at 85dB or higher for more than an hour or two can result in permanent hearing damage, the author makes a leap from this fact to somehow brand Beats Audio as soley responsible for the hearing loss epidemic.

To summarize, the author basically draws on a few isolated facts to pull a conclusion completely out of their ass. The real culprits here are music producers, for mixing loud, compressed pop music and making it popular among people too stupid to exercise some common sense. Also somewhat to blame is the preponderance of sensitive consumer headphones which get far too loud even from the weak integrated amps of phones and music players.

i got some beats with my macbook

ITS SO FUCKING DAM UNCOMFORTABLE

and yes i have used headphones before

they like cling to your ears and are really loud. are they suppose to feel like this?

they are lke 200 dollars...

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

sell them things xD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

you could turn the volume down...

as for the clinging, use them for a while, you get used to it, and it actually becomes comfortable.

as for the clinging, use them for a while, you get used to it, and it actually becomes comfortable.

its on the last bar of volume

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

;-; i feel so uncomfortable with them on

i feel ike i might actually go deaf

Good. You deserve it for buying beats. I kid I kid

but

they were free

i like free stuff

Oh sell them and get Audio Technica ATH-M50X

No, sell them and get M40Xs. Basically the same headphones for $60 less.

What a fail. Apple bundles these mediocre headphones with their product and the gain is too high. Brilliant.

What a fail. Apple bundles these mediocre headphones with their product and the gain is too high. Brilliant.

i know right

Some people hate the comfort of some headphones, but beats are known to be made of a lot of plastic, and to be a little loud and bass heavy (depending on which headphones you purchased). At first, I could barely wear Audio Technica ath-m50x's but they feel fine now. Give yourself some time to get used to the headphones,also and try angling them differently on your head. Hope this helps.

Some people hate the comfort of some headphones, but beats are known to be made of a lot of plastic, and to be a little loud and bass heavy (depending on which headphones you purchased). At first, I could barely wear Audio Technica ath-m50x's but they feel fine now. Give yourself some time to get used to the headphones,also and try angling them differently on your head. Hope this helps.

Thank you! after  a day of use, i have gotten use to them, and now they are very comfortable!

Thank you! after  a day of use, i have gotten use to them, and now they are very comfortable!

Glad I could help! Enjoy the headphones!

Side note, the way Beats are designed as far as audio goes is absolutely terrible for your ears. The big boost on the low frequencies can do some serious damage to your ears.

http://m.mic.com/articles/90361/what-beats-by-dre-are-actually-doing-to-your-ears

time to sell these pieces of shit

• 2 months later...

after about 5 months of continuous use, i hear very high pitched ringing in my ears at random times for no reason...

I am wondering if i can sue beats and get some money out of them for this

mother fuckers deafened me

Replace the ear cushions...  There are lots of guides on how to do this.  Get some velour pads and it may relieve your discomfort.

Replace the ear cushions...  There are lots of guides on how to do this.  Get some velour pads and it may relieve your discomfort.

lol i have gotten use to the ear cushons after 5 months...

of hell...

now i have tinnitus from my beats

time to sue apple

after about 5 months of continuous use, i hear very high pitched ringing in my ears at random times for no reason...

I am wondering if i can sue beats and get some money out of them for this

mother fuckers deafened me

Um, no. You deafened yourself by listening at an unsafe level. Bass-boosted headphone are LESS likely to encourage excessively loud listening, generally speaking.

Um, no. You deafened yourself by listening at an unsafe level. Bass-boosted headphone are LESS likely to encourage excessively loud listening, generally speaking.

i was listening at the lowest volume bump

i was listening at the lowest volume bump

Then it sounds like it's either an unrelated problem, or you still insisted on listening to a headphone that was damaging your hearing. Either way, not Apple's problem.