UltraWide Festival 2015

#UltraWideFestival #UltraWide #DreamSetup

Here are my submitions, why 2? Because I want to submit 2 separate videos to two youtubers(Linus and Lewis) but the ultrawidefestival site requires you to chose 2 youtubers at every submission, which means if I make two submissions it will result in one youtuber being chosen twice(Linus in my case).

My submission for Linus(had to speed up the video twice so it fit in the 30 second mark, youtube still made the video from 29.29 to 31 seconds though :/ which I why I wanted to make a second sumbission to Lewis with the normal speed version of the video):

I actually submitted the video to twitter because when I put the link to this post in ultrawidefestival's site, in the SNS bar it won't allow me to submit and the other bar is only for youtube links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhH8UGAgnSE

My submission for Lewis(same video just at normal speed), I'm only posting it here because I've chosen Linus as the second inspirer with Levis for whom the application is for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqO9qukxjo0

I also had to choose the third guy during the registration(2 choices of youtuber per submit - so Lewis and Linus for the Lewis application and Linus and Jahova dude for Linus application) which makes everything even more complicated.

The whole registration system is very confusing and a mess, neither the youtubers(watched the videos from the 3 youtubers), terms and conditions(I've read them) and the ultrawidefestival's support(asked them about this) give a clear explanation to the rules involving the contest and everyone gives different instructions.

NO! It's art, it's colonialism and you'll never get it!

#UltraWideFestival

My video is a bit more on the serious side.

My dream ever since I was a kid was to help others in any way I can.
As I grew up, one big way I thought I could achieve that is to become something in life in which I can save people's lives.  That is why I am a 3rd year medical student at the moment. 

In today’s day we see websites like twitch in which we get entertainment and can pass some time.  But rarely do we see websites in which there are streams for education especially medicine related for medical students who’s soul purpose in life is to save lives.  There are 3 types of learners in the world: Auditory, visual, and kinesthetic.  Not everyone understands material just by reading books, some people learn better and perform better when they listen & see the information being explained or presented in a different manner.

I said I wanted to do something new, innovative, helpful, informative, creative, and can save lives.  I want to win the $10,000 setup and I want to host a stream in which I can help my juniors in medicine every Sunday with different subjects or kids wanting to know more about what it means to be a doctor.  I want to be able to make video’s to help people learn better, faster, and easier (ex. Kaplan/DIT/Pathoma).  We see people “subscribing” and donating to twitch gamers, and most of that money goes to them.  If donations came to me every Sunday on my stream I want 100% of it to go to saving lives of people around the world as my goal has always been to help people in need.

I want to be able to create a “twitch” for education, as education is the base and foundation of this world.  I will start with medicine and do as much as I can, and hopefully other professionals/students can do it for their discipline and slowly we grow for the better.  In this way I want younger people to not only have fun learning and educate themselves but at the same time learn better then just sitting and reading and thinking education is boring.  Sometimes reading textbooks isn’t fun at all.

How does all of this help me?  I get to be a better doctor (being better = saving more lives), I get to learn faster and easier, I get to help others instead of spending time waiting for my laptop to load an x-ray image.  Maybe even get to play a game or two for 30min when stress levels get intense.

In this way we can educate, and slowly save lives around the world.  As the more people we educate the less poverty we will see around the world, as I believe that everyone can do something to help people in need.  Once those needs are fulfilled, to help educate them as well, and slowly but surely bring poverty down as much as possible.

Thanks.

My entry for the UltraWideFestival! Hope you enjoy! https://youtu.be/zMszbdiLC6s

I'm kind of pissed at YouTube atm, added extra 2 seconds to my video so i don't think i will qualify. GL HF to everyone else!

Finally done rendering . . . after 3 days.

Certain you'll receive a monitor

@nicklmg does it have to have your specs?

Hey guys!! It's a bit different for me, and I'm not normally angry xD But I just went with it! Haha, hope you all enjoy it!! <3

Too funny! Nice!

And i got it! #UltraWideFestival  #UltraWide  #DreamSetup

Here is my Entry for the UltraWideFestival 2015!

I hope you enjoy it! Subscribe to my channel when you want to see me building the client-project for an 90squarefeet Nerdcave!

This is my setup and my entry to win of the monitors. I hope you like it. I tried to make it as funny as I could within the limited amount of time.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

#UltraWideFestival

When is the deadline exactly? Because my machine is still rendering... (yup, 4 hours in), and I don't want to miss out!

*Also this spot reserved*