OMG Nvidia "Pascal" 1000-series, as soon as next year?!

SuperCactus

Pascal is said to be 10x faster, plus HBM2 memory!

Look at this beautiful graph of pascal compared to Maxwell:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-gtc-2015/

Graph: http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/6e5hw5hw4-635x342.png

OMG!

It is said that it could be released FIRST QUARTER of 2016! That's like... around 6 months from now or less.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidias-big-pascal-gpu-reportedly-taped-out-on-track-for-2016-launch-rumour/

Could be in 2016, going to be a HUGE step forward!

I'm foaming in the mouth.

Uhhh hate to kill the vibe.. but this looks exactly like a workstation card on show, and it's FP performance, nothing to do with gaming.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Damn... Wonder if it will be worth upgrading from my 970 to a 10xx card :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

lol its not going to be 10x faster

are you sure...? even if it's 100% faster than a 980ti, I would orgasm extremely.

Uhhh hate to kill the vibe.. but this looks exactly like a workstation card on show, and it's FP performance, nothing to do with gaming.

Well. We don't know for sure. It still might be a killer gaming card!

are you sure...? even if it's 100% faster than a 980ti, I would orgasm extremely.

Now you are just hyping.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

10x faster? rofl I'll believe it when I see it... trust me, it's not going to happen. It's probably going to be 60-70% faster than maxwell. And... gpus generally rlease 14-16 months after the previous generation, so it's no surprise they'll release pascal next year.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The first link has nothing to do with the consumer market, it's mainly just for tesla's I don't even think their are Maxwell tesla's because the Kepler ones are fine for now.

You'll just see HBM, and the performance improvements there. Maxwell was lacking on double precisions so mixed precision numbers aren't that over the top amazing and NVLINK will never come to the consumer brand. 

10x faster? rofl I'll believe it when I see it... trust me, it's not going to happen. It's probably going to be 60-70% faster than maxwell. And... gpus generally rlease 14-16 months after the previous generation, so it's no surprise they'll release pascal next year.

Big Pascal yes, probably 70%, Mobile Pascal will probably be 35% faster then a 980ti which is probably what is coming out in 2016 because well it would be better and the performance for it's die size will be there. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Considering a 980 ti is only 30% faster than 780 ti... even 60-70% is really HUGE.

if it gets me that much more folding points then sign me the fuck up. they sound great for distributed computing projects

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

Considering a 980 ti is only 30% faster than 780 ti... even 60-70% is really HUGE.

that's because the 980 should have been the 970, they got greedy because they could afford it. It also was en par with the 780ti at launch, some people say the 700 series was purposefully nerfed with the newer drivers to make the 900 series look better. You should be looking at the 980ti for a real comparison, and I would say it's 50%+ faster than a 780ti.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12-18 months after their last series launched... Seems pretty on-schedule to me :P

And no, it was never supposed to be 10x faster. Don't let NVIDIA's smooth talking fool you. Look closely at what they're saying.

10X....yeah nope, probably Tesla/Fermi to Pascal is 10X but not from Kepler/Maxwell to Pascal isn't 10X.

Usually excepted, like around a year and a half before new GPU card gens are released/announced.  

snip

OMG a 6 month old article, OMG wccftech, 10 times faster, OMG WHOOSH. All aboard the hype train!

Now seriously. They will probably delay Pascal because of HBM or they will use again GDDR5. I doubt that it will be a big step forward if they use the old 28nm manufacturing process, more like a marginal step like Kepler -> Maxwell. At least they shoud release a proper DX12 architecture this time.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

that's because the 980 should have been the 970, they got greedy because they could afford it. It also was en par with the 780ti at launch, some people say the 700 series was purposefully nerfed with the newer drivers to make the 900 series look better. You should be looking at the 980ti for a real comparison, and I would say it's 50%+ faster than a 780ti.

I can confirm the driver nerfing. I can talk for folding only but my card was getting about 220K ppd when I got it and now it hardly reaches 180K (fyi I got it at april)

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

If they remember to add A-sync compute I guess it might be a bigger improvement but I am strongly suspecting we will have another Thermi incident :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Could be in 2016, going to be a HUGE step forward!

First, of course it will be released in 2016. That would be about right, considering the 900 series was released in September of last year.

Also, contain your hype and wait for reviews. We have no idea how big a step forward it will be. Chances are it will be nowhere near a tenfold increase in actual gaming performance.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I wouldn't say they got greedy, sure they were saving money by lowering GK110 output but it was a good decision. No point is selling a 550mm^2 die when a 398mm^2 die has similar performance. They've been releasing mobile flagships as flagships since the 680. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit