Do you still like to buy game discs?

PaulC1

I personally still like to have a physical copy of a game I can hold in my hand, yes I understand that there is a lot of benefits from buying the game off of Steam and downloading it but I don't know, I just feel more of a satisfaction buying a physical copy and it adds that bit of nostalgia to things. I also like having a massive collection of games that I can take out and show people and I feel it looks a lot cooler and feels a lot more impressive than looking at a long list of pixels on your steam library. So yeh, I just like it. What are you guys' thoughts on this? I've always wondered...

Mirror's Edge 2. One day.

I still like to buy old games, like I have everything by Command and Conquer up until Red Alert 2 in the original big boxes. For new games however I just get them on Steam or where ever they're available. I do however still like to  buy a lot of audio CD's, I don't think I'll ever stop buying those. (of course they will be phased out eventually but you get what I'm saying)

God no, I hate the clutter.

So do i, i also hate having to change disk every time i want too play a new game

So do i, i also hate having to change disk every time i want too play a new game

I don't even have an optical drive.

physical copy above everything else!, to bad it's so god dammn expensive ...

a game is something that should be taken care of and cherished, not something you throw out once your done with it. I still have my nintendo 64 playstation 1-2 games hanging around, they carry alot of fond memories with them, i wouldn't get that with my steam or gog library ...

My internet bandwidth is not always up to it, so I tend to buy only tripple A titles in store that come out around the same price as the steam versions.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

physical copy above everything else!, to bad it's so god dammn expensive ...

a game is something that should be taken care of and cherished, not something you throw out once your done with it. I still have my nintendo 64 playstation 1-2 games hanging around, they carry alot of fond memories with them, i wouldn't get that with my steam or gog library ...

Yeh I'm on the same boat, I could never throw out or sell any of my PS1 or 2 games. Far too many memories attached to them

I don't even have an optical drive.

I have one on my current pc. Never use it though

only if its an exclusive on a console :P other than that, absolutely not.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

if ur talking about pc

no

if ur talking about consoles

yes

I was talking more PC, console games you don't really have a choice unless you want to pay double the amount to download it off their crappy stores, but aren't they trying to push downloadable games more on next gen console?

I love having the physical copy of a game in the same way I like having a DVD box collection of something like the bond series. It's also nice to be able to install and run games without internet access (although to be honest, more and more CD games are requiring some sort of online verification before you're able to play offline...but still!)

if ur talking about pc

no

if ur talking about consoles

yes

The console market places have outrageous prices (in sweden they cost like 100$ a game)

no I don't buy game discs because I am paranoid the workers have stolen my keycode. it is also stupid how the disc just acts as a launcher to download it from steam or origin etc . it is also more expensive to buy on disc. I nnever buy games unless its on a massive sale spend that will never happen on disc

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

no I don't buy game discs because I am paranoid the workers have stolen my keycode. it is also stupid how the disc just acts as a launcher to download it from steam or origin etc . it is also more expensive to buy on disc. I nnever buy games unless its on a massive sale spend that will never happen on steam

Yeh I agree I don't like that part, it takes away the whole aspect of being able to just play and install it off the disc. It's things like that why more people just use steam rather than buy the disc (as well as the prices etc.)

Well I'm not planning to have a disk drive in my PC but I'll probably use this laptop to read them via network xD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I do only buy digital games but I still do think it would be cool to have a shelf full of pc game boxes. If you buy a steam game they should send you a box in the mail if you pay like an extra dollar or two. If it was like that I would defenitely buy all the boxes for the games in my library.

I do only buy digital games but I still do think it would be cool to have a shelf full of pc game boxes. If you buy a steam game they should send you a box in the mail if you pay like an extra dollar or two. If it was like that I would defenitely buy all the boxes for the games in my library.

That would be awesome if they did that but they'd probably charge you a lot more than a dollar because it'd probably cost them a lot more in the long run

Consoles: yes

PC: STEAM!!!!!!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I personaly perfer to download games from steam. I remember when I used to like the idea of owning a physical copy of something but I soon realised that it isn't worth it anymore.

well, game discs here are fairly priced. but pc aint the priority in the retailers so fewer games. also, my ISP sucks. 50kbps down speed at a 2mb plan? come on!! i get 230kbps before!

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I tend to buy a physical copy of new (pre-order) games just because it seems to be cheaper buying on amazon than it is to preorder on steam and especially on origin. Also, my internet isn't the fastest

2890529665.png

When it's being the worst (half the time this summer :(  )So it's quicker to have a disk delivered by amazon on the day than it is to download it and not be able to use the internet for the whole day (week if it's like it is sometimes). In the end though, it makes no difference once it's installed because it gets linked to steam/origin and can be redownloaded after that if needed.

HTTP/2 203