Tesla Model - X got priced first car will come out on sept 29

jos

Not into "newer" cars. I like older cars from the 60's 70' and select ones from the 80's. Must admit this looks sick.

The ultimate car would be one of those retro-body cars with an all-electric motor.

Costs no fuel is not a discussion.. it costs a fraction of the money to run, less maintenance costs, electricity is much cheaper than fuel

The interior of the S is fantastic, its not THE highest quality but its better than most cars on the road, the tablet dash is awesome, it looks great and is modern and functional

the gullwing doors are .. INSANELY AMAZING, I mean... the 10 year old inside me is just like "holy fuck thats awesome", as it does for all the tech and gadgets inside

Its basically like a USS Enterprise you can drive around at insane speeds, while being very comfy with lots of tech to play with

Its not a petrol heads car, get a Mustang or Challenger or BMW M3 or something

Electricity prices are low in northern america. In other parts of the world though it costs almost as much as filling it up with gasoline. Furthermore, electricity doesn't fall from the trees. The USA for instance has an energy mix of 66% fossil fuels, 19% nuclear and just 14% renewables. Not exactly environmentally friendly either. And while lithion ion batteries are good for cars with small production numbers,they're certainly not practical nor enviromentally friendly for mass production. Not to mention the horrible range and charging times.

The giant touch screen is absoluteley not functional imo! Imagine yourself driving fast (allthough, that's also not the case in the US) and you want to turn up the heater or change the radio station without looking.  Not possible. You'll probably misshit something and get distracted very often. But then again i ahven't driven a Tesla before...

The gull wing doors are amazing in cars like the Mercedes SLS AMG but not in a life style SUV. They're totally impractical in confined spaces and in my eyes just an unnecessary risk of failure.

Don't get me wrong, i want an electrical car myself, but the technology isn't here yet, at least not for us mortals. 

who cares...

Don't get me wrong, i want an electrical car myself, but the technology isn't here yet, at least not for us mortals. 

This car is about forward thinking, and changing the industry

it has good enough range for 99% of people 99% of the time and I would just charge it while sleeping, for work the next day, for long trips it can be an issue but with good planning and faster charging not much of an issue

Sure but 19% nuclear and 14% renewable is better than 100% petrol....and its still cheaper for MOST people to use, since their main selling market is US and Europe where electricity prices are not crazy

Ive been in one and driven one, the touch screen is really easy to use and doesn't get in  the way at all, the controls you need for things like heating are easy to access

The gull wing doors are great, easy to get in and out  (no door in the way) and due to the way they open actually take up less space than conventional doors ( unless you for some reason live in a low tunnel)

Also, "cool" factor is a massive part of car culture, gadgets, gizmo's, crazy doors, good looks, etc all sorts of things

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sure but 19% nuclear and 14% renewable is better than 100% petrol....and its still cheaper for MOST people to use, since their main selling market is US and Europe where electricity prices are not crazy

The gull wing doors are great, easy to get in and out  (no door in the way) and due to the way they open actually take up less space than conventional doors ( unless you for some reason live in a low tunnel)

Also, "cool" factor is a massive part of car culture, gadgets, gizmo's, crazy doors, good looks, etc all sorts of things

you're not saying that nuclear is enviromentally friendly, do you? No emissions is not automatically enviromentally friendly. Also depends on what you define as our environment, as it is not just nature, but oh well that would be nit picking. Nontheless, electricity prices differ quite a lot in europe. I am from germany, where the calculation that i mentioned holds true and you're better of getting a diesel.

I jsut could imagine that if you have a tight parking spot you might be abled to open the door a little bit, which in case of regualr doors allows you to get in and out but with gullwing doors probably not.

Y>eah i mean i get it. Tesla are sort of pioneers when it comes to marketing electro cars and they are trying to push the technology and make it fashionable. But in my mind the technology is just not there yet for mass production. But I personally wouldn't say no to a Tesla if the price wasn't that high. :D

who cares...

Wait it's more expensive than model s? That doesn't make sense.

The Model D is or was intended as their consumer-friendly option, iirc. Apparently not the case anymore. They are working on a more affordable option ($40k or so). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The Model D is intended as their consumer-friendly option, iirc. 

You mean Model 3? Model D is Model S with more power.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Nice looking car from Tesla but for that price I know what I buy :)

Almost exactly the same price as a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, I know what I would buy. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Wait it's more expensive than model s? That doesn't make sense.

Yes it does...

A SUV is always more expensive than the sedans...

Those doors make it look like a disabled persons car lol.

Ymm I dunno maybe

or

Mercedes-Benz_SLS_AMG_(C_197)_%26_Merced

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is a high class SUV, with similar high speed performance and equipment, Tesla looks, crazy gullwing doors etc

no.

Falconwing doors :)

its a falcon, not a gull.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

no.

Falconwing doors :)

its a falcon, not a gull.

Yes falcon wing :D you are right

Yes falcon wing :D you are right

Falcons are more majestic than gulls.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You mean Model 3? Model D is Model S with more power.

Yup. Possible also called Model E. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2