Will this 771 processor work on this motherboard?

So I have a xeon x5460 with the mod sticker applied to it and I was wondering would it work on this lga 775 motherboard? The Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT motherboard that supports ddr3 memory and if so is there any specific parts that i need to get this to boot?

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

No, It won't work.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

So I have a xeon x5460 with the mod sticker applied to it and I was wondering would it work on this lga 775 motherboard? The Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT motherboard that supports ddr3 memory and if so is there any specific parts that i need to get this to boot?

I've seen people changing 771 socket to 775 and everything worked just fine. The only reason this might not work is Xeon bios incomparability.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

It could work with modding as people have done it before but it depends on the BIOS and some chipsets won't work with it.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

No, It won't work.

No. Not at all.

Yes, it will. Just a few hiccups like BIOS issues and that stuff. But it works.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yes it will work.

You may have some BIOS issues with the CPU but should be fine, like reading unknown CPU. 

Thanks I've been having problems booting up though which what i've read the problem was my memory that I had wasn't supported so I looked up memory more suited for this motherboard and got a great deal on it. So I hope it will boot once the new stick is in the system

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Yes, it will. Just a few hiccups like BIOS issues and that stuff. But it works.

Wow!

Just saw this

http://www.overclock.net/t/1431723/mod-lga775-support-for-lga771-xeon-cpus

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Thanks I've been having problems booting up though which what i've read the problem was my memory that I had wasn't supported so I looked up memory more suited for this motherboard and got a great deal on it. So I hope it will boot once the new stick is in the system

It could probably just be faulty ram, OCN says the board you have is tested and working with the 771 mod. 

775 and 771 are almost identical sockets. Without changing the socket a little bit, it will NOT work. If you already did it, there should be some BIOS incompatibilities (like 'Unknown CPU')

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

It could probably just be faulty ram, OCN says the board you have is tested and working with the 771 mod. 

Okay thank you

I have a guide in my signature on this if you are interested in taking a look, but it should be compatible with that board but don't expect any overclocking.

I have a guide in my signature on this if you are interested in taking a look, but it should be compatible with that board but don't expect any overclocking.

Nice guide thanks