[Updated] Oxide responds to AotS Conspiracies, Maxwell Has No Native Support For DX12 Asynchronous Compute

not as much as you may enjoy imagining....but that discussion is for another thread.

When you have to attack the person instead of his/her actions/ideas, you've already lost.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Believe it or not that's how I speak in real life.

I'm assuming being 'more valuable to the gene pool than most' also means you're an arrogant person in real life? Bring it down a notch, you're coming off as pretentious and nobody likes that.

If we have to, I'm very willing to bring in a mod who'll happily sort this out. Let's leave out the facts of our personal life and instead stay on topic. And that applies to everyone.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

When you have to attack the person instead of his/her actions/ideas, you've already lost.

And that's pretty much what you did when I asked you to reference your information better (because the source was you) and to provide sources that weren't actually from you.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I feel sorry for you..

I don't. It landed me with an internship and job offer from IBM. Rhetoric is one of the primary indicators of intelligence, which is a reason why the Ivy League universities demand 3 or more essays in addition to those already in the common application. I speak and write in ways which are perhaps archaic to you, but they're more expressive and allow more compact ways of providing long-form argument, synthesis, or metaphor. To people my age, I come across as a cocky jerk. To those older, I come across as one wise beyond my years. As you mature you'll eventually come to the same conclusion. There is value in the teachings of the old world. Those who seize upon it succeed. Those who don't may or may not but will almost uniformly succeed to a lesser degree.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm assuming being 'more valuable to the gene pool than most' also means you're an arrogant person in real life? Bring it down a notch, you're coming off as pretentious and nobody likes that.

If we have to, I'm very willing to bring in a mod who'll happily sort this out. Let's leave out the facts of our personal life and instead stay on topic. And that applies to everyone.

Is it arrogance when you actually are better at something than everyone else in the room and can demonstrate it without actually saying it?

Is it arrogance when you actually are better at something than everyone else in the room and can demonstrate it without actually saying it?

It's arrogance when you have to say things like being more 'valuable to the gene pool' to get your point across. It's not helping.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

And that's pretty much what you did when I asked you to reference your information better (because the source was you) and to provide sources that weren't actually from you.

No it's not, not even close. I said these were the basics which you should already know, something @LukaP and others will tell you. I said you were wasting my time and being confrontational, which you were. I then also provided a source and told you to go back and do your homework before opening your mouth again. Your understanding of what happens around you is quite lacking. I never attacked you. I attacked your actions and lack thereof.

I don't. It landed me with an internship and job offer from IBM. Rhetoric is one of the primary indicators of intelligence, which is a reason why the Ivy League universities demand 3 or more essays in addition to those already in the common application. I speak and write in ways which are perhaps archaic to you, but they're more expressive and allow more compact ways of providing long-form argument, synthesis, or metaphor. To people my age, I come across as a cocky jerk. To those older, I come across as one wise beyond my years. As you mature you'll eventually come to the same conclusion. There is value in the teachings of the old world. Those who seize upon it succeed. Those who don't may or may not but will almost uniformly succeed to a lesser degree.

Again, you try to spin it as something positive.

Good thing for you. IBM imported me to Ireland for an internship some years ago. It is not that special ;)

You should not write as you speak, or speak as you write. This is common sense.

For older, you comes of as naive.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

you lost then.... since you've vocally abused everyone in these forums, either on a personal or general basis, for 2 weeks straight...

Again, you try to spin it as something positive.

Good thing for you. IBM imported me to Ireland for an internship some years ago. It is not that special ;)

You should not write as you speak, or speak as you write. This is common sense.

For older, you comes of as naive.

Ireland? I got brought to Dresden. You still play in the minor leagues. I write and speak formally and directly. I'm a man of expediency, and the world knows it. I don't come across as naive at all to the world of the sciences. I come across as one who has an unshakable command of the facts, as one willing to shut up and learn, but who doesn't waste his time with the average lout. This conversation will get you nowhere and get warmed up for the day. It's your choice to continue or not.

you lost then.... since you've vocally abused everyone in these forums, either on a personal or general basis, for 2 weeks straight...

Not remotely true. I've won specifically because I stuck to the facts and to the actions of others. If I call you an idiot for choosing the stupid path (you had the information and didn't use it), then that is an evaluation of your actions with the label of idiocy, because you deliberately chose that path. Did I say anyone was hopeless or a bad person and go on to slander or berate them? No. Once again, I don't play in the minor leagues, and I don't particularly enjoy shooting fish in a barrel.

Ireland? I got brought to Dresden. You still play in the minor leagues. I write and speak formally and directly. I'm a man of expediency, and the world knows it. I don't come across as naive at all to the world of the sciences. I come across as one who has an unshakable command of the facts, as one willing to shut up and learn, but who doesn't waste his time with the average lout. This conversation will get you nowhere and get warmed up for the day. It's your choice to continue or not.

You can tell that by the location I was transported to for my for interview? You most fortune-teller!

You do heavily. Try read up some of your "poems" for them, only to have them laugh at you.

You truly have no experience in the actual industry.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

You can be right and be a cunt.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Not remotely true. I've won specifically because I stuck to the facts and to the actions of others. If I call you an idiot for choosing the stupid path (you had the information and didn't use it), then that is an evaluation of your actions with the label of idiocy, because you deliberately chose that path. Did I say anyone was hopeless or a bad person and go on to slander or berate them? No. Once again, I don't play in the minor leagues, and I don't particularly enjoy shooting fish in a barrel.

at no point, have you ever in the past 14 days cited any source for any of your claims. Short of a site explaining a equation.

when you have a claim, no matter who you think you are, or how good you imagine you are. you should at any point have a source of information that comes from a third party NOT related to you.

The way you are acting right now, you are nothing short of a elaborate troll. Spewing out information or hypothesises. But never offering, or even directing someone to the source of your information.

You can tell that by the location I was transported to for my for interview? You most fortune-teller!

You do heavily. Try read up some of your "poems" for them, only to have them laugh at you.

he is a student. And as cocky as any student too. Alas, he will be put in place once he tries to find work.... coworkers, no matter how much your boss likes you, will make your life hell if you do not play ball or act superior to them.

he is a student. And as cocky as any student too. Alas, he will be put in place once he tries to find work.... coworkers, no matter how much your boss likes you, will make your life hell if you do not play ball or act superior to them.

Aaaah, he is a know-it-all-student  :lol:

Aaaah, he is a know-it-all-student  :lol:

yes, he's about to graduate with 15 different masters, two doctorates and eigth bachelors in fields he never even intended to work.

He also, supposedly, has the cure for cancer, HIV/AIDS, Sars, world poverty and more lying under his bed. Not to mention his recent breakthrough in room-temperature cold fusion.

Here's the hard truth: Nobody cares about your characteristics or your achievements. It's irrevelant here. You may perceive yourself to be wise and intelligent, but what you lack is the awareness to know when to stop talking, because frankly, the only person defending you is yourself. I'm not saying you're wrong, but when you boast about being in the Ivy Leagues and put down a person because he's in the 'minor league', that comes off as arrogant and demeaning.

So to sum it up, please consider the views of others before lashing out and stop using your academic background to try to perceive yourself as superior over others. It's not working and it doesn't contribute to the argument at all.

Spoiler

I spent 1/2 of May, all of June, all of July, and the first 20 days of August working directly with IBM and its partners in tuning supercomputer performance, including the Blue Gene. I can tell you more about CUDA and program it better than just about any college professor on the planet and certainly better than the hacks at Adobe.

at no point, have you ever in the past 14 days cited any source for any of your claims. Short of a site explaining a equation.

when you have a claim, no matter who you think you are, or how good you imagine you are. you should at any point have a source of information that comes from a third party NOT related to you.

The way you are acting right now, you are nothing short of a elaborate troll. Spewing out information or hypothesises. But never offering, or even directing someone to the source of your information.

In the past 14 days I haven't been discussing any difficult or technical topic, and my explanations are based in widely known facts. At some point, sources aren't necessary. Further, you can be your own source when you actually do the research. Relying on 3rd party expertise is itself a logical fallacy, something you'd know if you took an informal logic course or knew the rules and scoring system of Jeffersonian debate. You people really make it too easy.

You can be right and be a cunt.

The difference between elitism and being elite is in actually being elite.

Stop the off topic conversation now.

Oop, sorry. You ninja'ed me.

Does anyone know what the affects of nvidia relying on a virtualized scheduler will be on their ability to virtualize async compute engines? To me it seems like if they had hardware schedulers they would be better off.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Oop, sorry. You ninja'ed me.

Does anyone know what the affects of nvidia relying on a virtualized scheduler will be on their ability to virtualize async compute engines? To me it seems like if they had hardware schedulers they would be better off.

latency.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR