I have no money. Anyone got a link to a windows 7 ISO?

iamdarkyoshi

when I try to plug my microphone into either the rear mic in or the front mic in, it recognizes it and everything, but its horribly distorted when I try to record anything or chat with someone. someone with the asrock x79 extreme(mine is the extreme9) had the same issue here on the forums, and the extreme6 uses a realtek soundcard. Maybe the chipset and windows 10 have issues being friends?

What are the gain settings for that mic? Default?

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

What are the gain settings for that mic? Default?

+30DB. its not like its clipped or anything though. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-LjUeh-cirIOThVb1hFMlhWRTA/view?usp=sharing this is what it sounds like recorded in audacity. I have tried different sampling rates, gains, microphones, and drivers.

+30DB. its not like its clipped or anything though. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-LjUeh-cirIOThVb1hFMlhWRTA/view?usp=sharing this is what it sounds like recorded in audacity. I have tried different sampling rates, gains, microphones, and drivers.

I think you may be right with the it being a hardware issue, if no gain and different gain values produce no change and no morphing is on I want to say its hardware, if it happens again in Win7 then I don't know, I'll try and reproduce it on my side and see what I can do, and don't worry about giving me anything even if I find a solution.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

I think you may be right with the it being a hardware issue, if no gain and different gain values produce no change and no morphing is on I want to say its hardware, if it happens again in Win7 then I don't know, I'll try and reproduce it on my side and see what I can do, and don't worry about giving me anything even if I find a solution.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

To give you an update, I was able to recreate the distortion at hardware level but not software level, note that it isn't the same sound card, I also pondered on if it has to do with that card having an NIC in it, and if you are using it and not the board's. Testing brought up so many questions but the NIC one causing any interference was the one that stuck out the most, something to think about. That is all I have for you at the moment. 

To give you an update, I was able to recreate the distortion at hardware level but not software level, note that it isn't the same sound card, I also pondered on if it has to do with that card having an NIC in it, and if you are using it and not the board's. Testing brought up so many questions but the NIC one causing any interference was the one that stuck out the most, something to thing about. That is all I have for you at the moment. 

The NIC is not actually being used right now. This thing has one NIC on the card and one on the motherboard. Thank you so much for your research!