Media keys not functioning

Go to solution Solved by ionbasa,

I having an issue where the media keys are not functionning on my computer.

The spefic keys that are not working are play/pause stop and the next and previous buttons.

For some reason they do function in the maya installer and in the ff type-o launcher and game.

I'm using a cheap dynex keyboard and tested also with a cheap logitech wireless keyboard.

my sistem specs are in my signature.

Thanks

Do you use chrome? Do you have the Google play extension installed? See: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Media-keys-no-longer-work/td-p/807591

The spefic keys that are not working are play/pause stop and the next and previous buttons.

For some reason they do function in the maya installer and in the ff type-o launcher and game.

I'm using a cheap dynex keyboard and tested also with a cheap logitech wireless keyboard.

Thanks

My system intel xeon e3 1231-v3/zotac gtx 97016gb ram/256gb ssd + 2tb hdd + 3tb external hdd/EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze/roswill line m/hyper 212 evo/windows 10

make sure u got human interface device service enabled in windows services , without it ... media keys wont work

(◑‿◐)

Is the app in focus when you're pressing the buttons?

The app i'm trying to use it with is spotify and they don't work when it is in focus.

My system intel xeon e3 1231-v3/zotac gtx 97016gb ram/256gb ssd + 2tb hdd + 3tb external hdd/EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze/roswill line m/hyper 212 evo/windows 10

make sure u got human interface device service enabled in windows services , without it ... media keys wont work

it is running and they seem to function when that window is selected

its a new bug in windows. you need to restart the Human interface device service (Hidsrv) in the task manager. but even when I do that it crashes again in about 5 minutes so kinda pointless

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

its a new bug in windows. you need to restart the Human interface device service (Hidsrv) in the task manager. but even when I do that it crashes again in about 5 minutes so kinda pointless

that made no difference.

that made no difference.

shhhhhh your welcome

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Thanks

Do you use chrome? Do you have the Google play extension installed? See: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Media-keys-no-longer-work/td-p/807591

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

It was actually not googl play music but plex that was the problem.

Thanks

It was actually not googl play music but plex that was the problem.

Thanks

Glad you managed to figure it out. Unfortunately some apps override the media keys. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.