"Project Fallen" ~ Design and Development Log

MzCatieB

Just wondering what kind of render backend are you planing to use DirectX or OpenGL, assuming UE4 has the option to use both, also which one is easier to work whit or are they both the same

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It has changed allot, but the new layout is just so easy its not even worth thinking about relearning cause its just all there for you,

Programming is clean and streamline, the blueprint system is outstanding and beautiful to work with

And creating graphical content is so outstanding... i think Fallen's graphics are going to be :3 interesting :P

You're really tempting me to get it. I haven't worked with UDK in a long time, which I really regret, because it was fun and I don't remember a lot of the things I used to be able to use. I think now might be a good time to get back into it.

You're really tempting me to get it. I haven't worked with UDK in a long time, which I really regret, because it was fun and I don't remember a lot of the things I used to be able to use. I think now might be a good time to get back into it.

it's total worth getting tbh.

Also if you get it you can help me with game mechanics :3 

Character artist in the Games industry.

This is gettin crazy :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

it's total worth getting tbh.

Also if you get it you can help me with game mechanics :3 

I wish I was that good. I was more into it for the level design aspect. I was learning how to use Kismet and a little of matinee before I stopped, but I have no idea how I would make a game in it.

I wish I was that good. I was more into it for the level design aspect. I was learning how to use Kismet and a little of matinee before I stopped, but I have no idea how I would make a game in it.

UE3/UDK is still available: 

https://www.unrealengine.com/products/udk/

Dogs and big cats... that is all

i just saw that head you made AND HOLY ****

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i just saw that head you made AND HOLY ****

Read... thats default in UE4, was used the the Samaritan demo

Saying that, other than textures i can work to that level...

Im surprised about how this(and you) are(is). Its really inspiring considering how much i want to be a dev when i grow up.Its pretty mad to see how this has developed.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Im surprised about how this(and you) are(is). Its really inspiring considering how much i want to be a dev when i grow up.Its pretty mad to see how this has developed.

if i was in your situation, i would drop all Game memberships and grab a Ue4 licence... its so fun and the resources are outstanding.

Thank you. Were you a college/uni student or were you self taught with UDK?

i went to College... but i taught Unreal 1 day a fortnight... so yh... im self taught

if i was in your situation, i would drop all Game memberships and grab a Ue4 licence... its so fun and the resources are outstanding.

Im not sure if my system can handle it, if it good with radeon cards and also my i3 will kill itself. Then again the i3 handled bf4 pretty well so it might be fine.

Listen if you care.

Im not sure if my system can handle it, if it good with radeon cards and also my i3 will kill itself. Then again the i3 handled bf4 pretty well so it might be fine.

i'm using an Fx-6100 :|

Will be doing a Update as soon as i possibly can.

Going to be doing it as a UE4 project development blog

i went to College... but i taught Unreal 1 day a fortnight... so yh... im self taught

Sounds a lot like my college. :D We didn't touch on Unreal nearly as much as I would have liked. Which sucks, because as soon as I left the course got re-structured so that students learn UDK 1 day a week for two years.

-snip-

lol i just like how ign confused ue3 whit ue4 xD

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Sounds a lot like my college. :D We didn't touch on Unreal nearly as much as I would have liked. Which sucks, because as soon as I left the course got re-structured so that students learn UDK 1 day a week for two years.

I talked to my teachers and they are restructuring the course to encourage exploitative learning (Going online and find it them self)

it's a much better way for them to learn, Give them the basics and let them grow on their own.

Any students though that need help they will be helping... its allot better than having to sit down with every student every lesson to teach them the same stuff.

lol i just like how ign confused ue3 whit ue4 xD

the Demo was created in UDK and then recreated in UE4

But yes, i was thinking of adding in Pets like Dogs/Wolfs and Large cats.

Tame a wild dog or bobcat and they will follow you around and react to what you are doing

I talked to my teachers and they are restructuring the course to encourage exploitative learning (Going online and find it them self)

it's a much better way for them to learn, Give them the basics and let them grow on their own.

Any students though that need help they will be helping... its allot better than having to sit down with every student every lesson to teach them the same stuff.

the Demo was created in UDK and then recreated in UE4

hmm that an interesting thing to know also that's a very original idea about taming wild animals to be companions, seriously it be amazing have a tiger as a friend

Chewbaccaheadshot.jpg

This pet is best

Listen if you care.

hmm that an interesting thing to know also that's a very original idea about taming wild animals to be companions, seriously it be amazing have a tiger as a friend

Tiger is a tad much... Saying that i want them to be area specific, so it wont be out of the question down the line.

I think for open Beta i will just have a basic Wild dog

Fur on animals is going to be fun, Cant decide between Solid Fur, Plane fur and Simulated fur...

All have there benefits but Simulated will utilize PhysX hair simulation...

Like: 

That's the approach we took when learning Maya and Max, and I'm always learning new things in those by myself (Well, in Maya. I hate Max) but I feel like UDK got shoehorned in at the last moment.