Samsung UHD 28" Monitor? Its on sale so please reply quickly :/

Mattieboi1
Go to solution Solved by TheConverter,

No, 4k and TN is just trash, just get the LG it has IPS and Freesync. At the moment you can't get a better 4K monitor at that price.

Hey there guys,

So I'm looking for a new monitor and I found this from the AMD Freesync monitor webpage, I know its a TN panel and I know there is an LG version of this with basically the same specs but its an IPS but its also $599 and the Samsung U28E590D is on sale at the moment for $100 off making it $499.99. Do you guys think its worth it? Or is there something better or should I just wait, I am not really in a hurry to buy one but if people think this is a good deal then I might as well pick one up. 

Here's the link - http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UHD-QHD-Monitor-U28E590D-28-Inch/dp/B00YD3DBOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440460494&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung+UE590+UHD-QHD+Monitor+U28E590D+28-Inch+Screen+LED-Lit+Monitor&pebp=1440460500819&perid=0EM70NC00V4N4KN2CZTQ 

Anyway thanks in advance guys :)

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

No, 4k and TN is just trash, just get the LG it has IPS and Freesync. At the moment you can't get a better 4K monitor at that price.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'd spend the extra money, the 590D is far from perfect in terms of build quality and features (even if we ignore the fact it's tn). It was great for the month where it was by far the cheapest acceptable 4k monitor on the market, but the pb287q stomped all over that very quickly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd spend the extra money, the 590D is far from perfect in terms of build quality and features (even if we ignore the fact it's tn). It was great for the month where it was by far the cheapest acceptable 4k monitor on the market, but the pb287q stomped all over that very quickly.

pb287q is still TN

LG 27MU67-B is the cheapest 27 inch 4K monitor and it has Freesync which makes it even more awesome.

If someone prefers 24 inch the Dell P2415Q is about 450€/$. 24 inch 4K is great for gaming, not so great for Windows scaling...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Crap quality, my dad's got one. Button doesn't work anymore -_-. Feels plasticy.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Oh ok cool thanks for the link, But I dont see myself getting it to be honest, from the few replies so far it seems like its not worth it :P but thanks again :D

Ok cool thanks I guess I should maybe look at that :) 

Yeah maybe I should just suck it up and do it, if not I'll just wait a bit for the price to drop and then get one in december or something :)

Crap quality, my dad's got one. Button doesn't work anymore -_-. Feels plasticy.

Thats unfortunate :/ Thought that it being Samsung it would at least have a decent build :/ 

Thats unfortunate :/ Thought that it being Samsung it would at least have a decent build :/ 

Nope, he's really annoyed about it. To make it worse, when he found the invoice about it, the warranty had ran out 4 days before he was looking to send it back -_-

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

Nope, he's really annoyed about it. To make it worse, when he found the invoice about it, the warranty had ran out 4 days before he was looking to send it back -_-

He bought a 4K monitor in August 2013?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

pb287q is still TN

LG 27MU67-B is the cheapest 27 inch 4K monitor and it has Freesync which makes it even more awesome.

If someone prefers 24 inch the Dell P2415Q is about 450€/$. 24 inch 4K is great for gaming, not so great for Windows scaling...

sure, but when it came out last year it was unbeatable for the price, of course with time better solutions come out. To be honest I don't regret it being tn too much, for being tn it's pretty damn good and since I look at it straight I don't mind the vieweing angles. Depends on what one needs and can afford, and last year there weren't a lot of alternatives ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

sure, but when it came out last year it was unbeatable for the price, of course with time better solutions come out. To be honest I don't regret it being tn too much, for being tn it's pretty damn good and since I look at it straight I don't mind the vieweing angles. Depends on what one needs and can afford, and last year there weren't a lot of alternatives ^^

I have a Acer Predator XB280HK for a few days now and while it's some of the better TN planels it's still TN to the point that I prefer my Acer XB270HU even for browsing, let alone gaming, can't go back to 60hz.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Your dad got one its crap? It is now just starting to show up in stores. How can your dads be broken? LG did not make a last years version like this in 4K so what are you actually tell this guy? I just got the LG 27MU67-b and it is a excellent monitor. I too was gonna get the Samsung TN 28 glad I waited for IPS.

Your dad got one its crap? It is now just starting to show up in stores. How can your dads be broken? LG did not make a last years version like this in 4K so what are you actually tell this guy? I just got the LG 27MU67-b and it is a excellent monitor. I too was gonna get the Samsung TN 28 glad I waited for IPS.

Different model -_- Also don't know why you're on about LG ahaha, I'm on about Samsung

My rig: