Huawei Nexus 6 (2015)

thorpj

I'm going to start off by saying that i was thrown back to linustechtips.com when i clicked post. That's rather... annoying....

So, with the release of the Huawei Nexus 6 rumoured to be Q4, i've decided to wait, and compare the HN6 with the Motorola nexus 6.

I anticipate that the main problem with the HN6 will be it's quality. I've heard talk of problems with other Huawei phones, and i really don't want to see problems with the HN6 in this regard. Yes there were reports of peeling back covers on the MN6, but these reports were few and far between

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this. If not, then feel free to discuss both Nexus 6 devices

The way i see it, the only advantages that the MN6 will have are:

- Price (although, it's still very expensive in Australia, and the HN6 reportedly won't be so expensive)

- Size (although, this is also a curse, and at 5.7" the HN6 isn't that much smaller)

- It's got character, it's "polarising". Who doesn't love that

Pros for the Huawei N6

- SN820 (SD810)

- Fingerprint scanner

- USB Type C (if you're like me, this is the best feature on a phone!) (reports say that quick charge 2.0 is included)

- android m (most likely)

- camera (Nexus devices get a lot of flak for this. The huge camera bump gives credence to a better camera

- Metal body (mmmm) (wireless charging should still work, http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/28/qualcomms-wireless-charging-tech-now-works-on-metal-phones/ )

- design, looks good to me

Cons for the HN6

- reported mediatek wireless chipset: maybe i'm just predisposed towards mediatek, since it isn't used in the Western world.

Finally, that camera bump design looks familiar, where have i seen that before?

post-58206-0-40780000-1440419546_thumb.p

post-58206-0-95298400-1440419551.jpg

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

ugh thats ugly

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

ugh thats ugly

Yup, those bezels ugh, HTC did it well but they just look cheap and the rear well, not the nicest thing to look at.

Steve

@MN6 back peeling: Yup, mine did it. Well. It still is. Still curious about the new Nexus devices, though. 

First of wall Huawei Nexus 6 will be metal built or at least metal rims, i have used Huawei devices for some days and built quality is good, second if it has SD810 i don't think heating will be a issue in its V2.1, so i think you should wait for it, i think it will be pretty good

...I anticipate that the main problem with the HN6 will be it's quality. I've heard talk of problems with other Huawei phones...

You "heard" something bad about Huawei's quality... It's pleasure to say that you heard wrong- Huawei phones (at least high-end models) has no serious quality problems. And this opinion comes not from "heard rumors" (like yours)- I personally now use my fifth Huawei phone ( P8 ) + second tablet...

In fact "quality" is last thing that bothers me in Huawei phones. Of course Huawei phones are not perfect, but there's no quality issues. Or maybe is more accurate to say "no more than others"...

PS:  Don't forget a "tiny" thing- Huawei and any other who makes Nexus phone/tablet (LG, Moto, Samsung, HTC) are just a manufacturers. If there is a quality issues you must blame Google- they decides EVERYTHING about Nexus line. If they are OK with low quality- that's what we get... 

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

ugh thats ugly

I can't wait to not buy this

Yup, those bezels ugh, HTC did it well but they just look cheap and the rear well, not the nicest thing to look at.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i like it.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

First of wall Huawei Nexus 6 will be metal built or at least metal rims, i have used Huawei devices for some days and built quality is good, second if it has SD810 i don't think heating will be a issue in its V2.1, so i think you should wait for it, i think it will be pretty good

Was there ever actually a SD810 v2.1? i thought that was just marketing from One Plus

I was hoping that it would have the SD820, but then i realised that the Phone releases in October (probably) and the 820 releases next year (probably).

And if the LG Nexus 5 has an 808, then wth is this about? Probably fake, unfortunately :(

nexus5_2015_antutu_02.jpg

You "heard" something bad about Huawei's quality... It's pleasure to say that you heard wrong- Huawei phones (at least high-end models) has no serious quality problems. And this opinion comes not from "heard rumors" (like yours)- I personally now use my fifth Huawei phone ( P8 ) + second tablet...

In fact "quality" is last thing that bothers me in Huawei phones. Of course Huawei phones are not perfect, but there's no quality issues. Or maybe is more accurate to say "no more than others"...

PS:  Don't forget a "tiny" thing- Huawei and any other who makes Nexus phone/tablet (LG, Moto, Samsung, HTC) are just a manufacturers. If there is a quality issues you must blame Google- they decides EVERYTHING about Nexus line. If they are OK with low quality- that's what we get... 

Which is why i'm asking here, because i didn't want to be going off of baseless rumours. I'm glad to know that it won't be a problem, although a sample size of seveb devices... well... I had a quick google, and found very little regarding issues with the P8 or ascend mate 7.

Also, if Google decides everything about each Nexus phone, then why does each of them look like other phones from each respective manufacturer?

... if Google decides everything about each Nexus phone, then why does each of them look like other phones from each respective manufacturer?

There's no "if"- Google DO decides everything about Nexus line... Yes, Nexus models look like another phone, but just because it's cheaper to use (and evolve) existing model than starting from scratch- after all everyone wants to make a profit... 

I have only 1 concern about Huawei model- using SD 810... In v.2.1 heating are not so bad, but still is a problem...

English is not my maternal language, so don't mind my mistakes... 

There's no "if"- Google DO decides everything about Nexus line... Yes, Nexus models look like another phone, but just because it's cheaper to use (and evolve) existing model than starting from scratch- after all everyone wants to make a profit... 

I have only 1 concern about Huawei model- using SD 810... In v.2.1 heating are not so bad, but still is a problem...

That's a good point

Was there ever actually a SD810 v2.1? i thought that was just marketing from One Plus

I was hoping that it would have the SD820, but then i realised that the Phone releases in October (probably) and the 820 releases next year (probably).

And if the LG Nexus 5 has an 808, then wth is this about? Probably fake, unfortunately :(

nexus5_2015_antutu_02.jpg

Wtf 85k, can't stop laughing, i am sure its fake cuz SD808 can't do that

But most of all its about optimization of OS for the Hardware

IPhone still uses dual core and 1Gb ram, just because ios is optimized for that hardware, so i am sure SD 808 will be good For N5 2015, and About SD810 v2.1 i also read that in Sony Xperia Z3+ somewhere, so yeah i guess its real

Wtf 85k, can't stop laughing, i am sure its fake cuz SD808 can't do that

But most of all its about optimization of OS for the Hardware

IPhone still uses dual core and 1Gb ram, just because ios is optimized for that hardware, so i am sure SD 808 will be good For N5 2015, and About SD810 v2.1 i also read that in Sony Xperia Z3+ somewhere, so yeah i guess its real

Haha yeah, it's probably fake.

From what i've read, every phone has released with the 810 v2.1, which is why someone at HTC was laughing at Oneplus when they kept advertising it as the 810 v2.1..