AMD 7990 Price Drop!!!!

FluffyNuggets

You like things rounded? You dirty man.

And you just HAD to quote that, huh?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

You like things rounded? You dirty man.And you just HAD to quote that, huh?
Yes sir I did.

i might just get one

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 M-Plus | 16GB Mushkin 1600mhz | Sapphire R9 390X | Samsung 830 128GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Corsair HX750i | Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition 

Holy shit that's tempting.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

O.=.O well it looks like AMD took a big steaming dump on Nvidias front porch, especially with the new framepacing driver. The 7990 makes mince meat out of the Titan, 690 and 780 easily. If it comes with the 8 free games as well .....my god might as well market it as free XD

I feel bad for people who paid over $1,000 for this card. I also wonder how it will stack against the 780. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

It beats the 780, and that is a pretty awesome deal. Gonna make it hard to pick a 780 up for $650 with a 7990 being $699.....

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I feel bad for people who paid over $1,000 for this card. I also wonder how it will stack against the 780.
It beats the 780 by quite a lot.

To be honest i'm getting quite mad that i'm building my pc in october and not now, this just makes me feel depressed.

To be honest i'm getting quite mad that i'm building my pc in october and not now, this just makes me feel depressed.

You should be happy because in October the GTX 780 could be cheaper because of this. This is what AMD needed to do in order to compete with the 780.

With the 7990 almost the same price as the 780, Nvidia has some serious competition. I'm proud of AMD stepping up like this because if they didn't Nvidia will continue price gouging its customers.

Anyone else think its odd they can just slash the price by $300? How much damn markup is going on for GPUs that they can just do a massive price drop?

You should be happy because in October the GTX 780 could be cheaper because of this. This is what AMD needed to do in order to compete with the 780. With the 7990 almost the same price as the 780, Nvidia has some serious competition. I'm proud of AMD stepping up like this because if they didn't Nvidia will continue price gouging its customers. Anyone else think its odd they can just slash the price by $300? How much damn markup is going on for GPUs that they can just do a massive price drop?

In October, there will be a new card.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43805-amd-hawaii-launched-in-hawaii-on-sept-25

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I seriously feel like this is preparation for the 9970. Either the 9970 will be very cheap (less than $600 cheap), or it will perform amazingly well. Or a combination of the two.

I'll wait and see.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I seriously feel like this is preparation for the 9970. Either the 9970 will be very cheap (less than $600 cheap), or it will perform amazingly well. Or a combination of the two.

I'll wait and see.

They are just clearing inventory. Once the 7990 is sold out they wont be making them anymore.