can i make a laptop?

Guest Johnny5g

dumb question. thanks!

if you high anything possible

But seriously, not really. Parts are just made by OEMs for use by other manufacturers.

ok thanks!

Not really.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Its possible, albeit very hard to do. Parts arent readily available and pretty much all laptops now contain individualized components. Youll most likely spend more money making one and have a ton of problems then you would with just buying one complete.

no

Not really.

ok thanks! 

dumb kid. i told him so

Nope, you can "pimp" it (add more/different RAM, swap the HDD for a bigger better one or a SSD, even add an external GPU .. :S ) but you can't build one from scratch like a PC ... well, you probably can, but not by buying parts seperately and just fitting them in a case. :P

Its possible, albeit very hard to do. Parts arent readily available and pretty much all laptops now contain individualized components. Youll most likely spend more money making one and have a ton of problems then you would with just buying one complete.

well long story. let's just say it wouldn't be for me.

actually in my country you can choose cpu , ram and display+ case size  but only these

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

I guess you could build your own case, use an ITX board, low profile cooler, and some major modding skills.... 

But, it's not going to be a practical laptop, something like this: 

2690907-playbook.jpg

dumb question. thanks!

High performance laptops like clevo, sager, some alienwares and others use standardized gpus that are swappable and cpus that can be removed and swapped. It isnt worth it though since it is super expensive.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

actually in my country you can choose cpu , ram and display+ case size  but only these

hum

High performance laptops like clevo, sager, some alienwares and others use standardized gpus that are swappable and cpus that can be removed and swapped. It isnt worth it though since it is super expensive.

ok thanks!

I guess you could build your own case, use an ITX board, low profile cooler, and some major modding skills.... 

But, it's not going to be no practical laptop, something like this: 

2690907-playbook.jpg

ok thanks!

that dumb kid. it needs to be a laptop and it mush be free. i told him it is imposable.

ok thanks!

that dumb kid. it needs to be a laptop and it mush be free. i told him it is imposable.

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

You can buy like a Sager laptop which is highly customizable in the part selection when you buy it, but building it yourself is pretty much not possible to the same standard as a normal laptop.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

but i am serious.

You can buy like a Sager laptop which is highly customizable in the part selection when you buy it, but building it yourself is pretty much not possible to the same standard as a normal laptop.

it wouldn't be for me.

but i am serious.

Serious about what?

Serious about what?

the kid.

So why do you want to build one? If you were to try itd be something similar to what @LoneRangerS posted. But even those ones are pretty damn well made.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

But, it's not going to be no practical laptop, something like this: 

2690907-playbook.jpg

no , its just a laptop from my country brand , and you go to their shop and u say what cpu etc etc want to your new laptop , their motherboard are all made in their brand 

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

no , its just a laptop from my country brand , and you go to their shop and u say what cpu etc etc want to your new laptop , their motherboard are all made in their brand 

Did you mean to quote me, or someone else?  :wacko:

So why do you want to build one? If you were to try itd be something similar to what @LoneRangerS posted. But even those ones are pretty damn well made.

And most likely made by people with years of crafting experience, and an entire encyclopaedia of tools & equipment to their disposal (tools & equipment that probably cost more than your PC).