Tigerdirect- worst PC part company EVER?

Oberon.Smite

I've recently ordered a 6600k, Z170A Krait, 8GB DDR4, and a few fans. In checkout, I selected two day shipping (it was only a dollar more than the regular shipping, so why not) at checkout. Since my order date, none of the parts have come. The CPU JUST shipped yesterday, and is on the way, but the other parts have yet to even get to the shipper at all. 

Here is my order status ATM:  http://i.imgur.com/28HgU21.png

Obviously, it's clear that they're fucking with me. I contacted some person on their live chat, who only told me this:http://i.imgur.com/Y2IzGmN.png

I have NEVER had a problem like this with Amazon or Newegg. Just like so many reviews say, the only thing they give a SHIT about is their money. Well, fuck you too Tigerdirect, fuck you too. 

Please don't come at me with the 'You should have known better, Tigerdirect is know for this' thing. I'll be the first to admit it, I was being pretty naive when I made the purchase. I just assumed because they're so big, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. Oh well. Guess that's one more site I'll never be ordering from again. This has also caused confusion and delay between me and @Jerakl . I need to send him my old RAM, FX 4130, and mainboard. But I can't do that until I get my parts that I've just ordered to replace them.

eh. you forgot to mention cooler. lel

I'd never buy from them anyways. Shady af.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I've recently ordered a 6600k, Z170A Krait, 8GB DDR4, and a few fans. In checkout, I selected two day shipping (it was only a dollar more than the regular shipping, so why not) at checkout. Since my order date, 

You might have misunderstood, it takes 2 days to SHIP :P So once its shipped it will take 2 days. Not sure :P

tigerdirect is just a reseller/retailer

not a pc part company (◑‿◐)?

For fuck's sake, you know what I meant.

Just like so many reviews say, the only thing they give a SHIT about is their money. Well, fuck you too Tigerdirect, fuck you too. 

Yep, I had major problems with TigerDirect about 3 years ago. Considered buying a laptop through them worth 2,500$. Anyways, cant remember the exact way things went down, but i waited forever for my item, and it never came, so i cancelled my order. They cancelled my order just find, but they kept my 2,500$ for a month, said it would take 1 month to refund me because my bank takes time to process refunds.

I contacted my bank, and they said as soon as they get the refund, it would only take 2 days to process, not a month.... so long story short, TigerDirect basically stole my money for a whole 4 weeks.

They advertised a 2 day shipping time not a shipping and handling time. Amazon does the same thing if you're not a prime member- they sit on your package for a week even if it's in a warehouse 10 miles away from your house. 

Tiger Direct was always a pain the in a** to navigate and it's like a salesman who desperately wants to sell you everything, by throwing "sales" price in front of your face.

Some BS pricing

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9105902&CatId=11862

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9105903&CatId=11862

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

They advertised a 2 day shipping time not a shipping and handling time. Amazon does the same thing if you're not a prime member- they sit on your package for a week even if it's in a warehouse 10 miles away from your house. 

Really, I've never had this problem in Canada. If it comes out of the warehouse closest to me I will usually have it in 2 days... if the warehouse closest to me doens't have it, then it will take 5 days max.

I've always had good luck with amazon getting me my products fast.

Tiger Direct was always a pain the in a** to navigate and it's like a salesman who desperately wants to sell you everything, by throwing "sales" price in front of your face.

Some BS pricing

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9105902&CatId=11862

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9105903&CatId=11862

Yea, I would never recommend TigerDirect to anybody!

Really, I've never had this problem in Canada. If it comes out of the warehouse closest to me I will usually have it in 2 days... if the warehouse closest to me doens't have it, then it will take 5 days max.

I've always had good luck with amazon getting me my products fast.

I contacted amazon as to why they did that and they said because it was the free shippin option, they ship in bulk to minimize their cost.

I've recently ordered a 6600k, Z170A Krait, 8GB DDR4, and a few fans. In checkout, I selected two day shipping (it was only a dollar more than the regular shipping, so why not) at checkout. Since my order date, none of the parts have come. The CPU JUST shipped yesterday, and is on the way, but the other parts have yet to even get to the shipper at all. 

Obviously, it's clear that they're fucking with me. I contacted some person on their live chat, who only told me this:http://i.imgur.com/Y2IzGmN.png

I have NEVER had a problem like this with Amazon or Newegg. Just like so many reviews say, the only thing they give a SHIT about is their money. Well, fuck you too Tigerdirect, fuck you too. 

Please don't come at me with the 'You should have known better, Tigerdirect is know for this' thing. I'll be the first to admit it, I was being pretty naive when I made the purchase. I just assumed because they're so big, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen. Oh well. Guess that's one more site I'll never be ordering from again. This has also caused confusion and delay between me and @Jerakl . I need to send him my old RAM, FX 4130, and mainboard. But I can't do that until I get my parts that I've just ordered to replace them.

Newegg will fuck with you too. I paid for two day shipping on my CPU from newegg and the shit still came FedEx SmartPost 7 days later.

they are overpriced and charged us for stuff i didn't pay for.

also TD said something about downsizing/closing the commercial goods department

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Newegg will fuck with you too. I paid for two day shipping on my CPU from newegg and the shit still came FedEx SmartPost 7 days later.

In 10 years of doing business with them, hundreds of orders, and literally $50k+ worth of merchandise...I have never had a single issue with Newegg.

In 10 years of doing business with them, hundreds of orders, and literally $50k+ worth of merchandise...I have never had a single issue with Newegg.

I have done about $10,000 worth of business with them over 14 years and until this year I have had nothing but great experiences. But this year they shipped my CPU via super slow FedEx SmartPost when I paid for 2 day shipping and they didn't honor a coupon they emailed me even though I tried to redeem it on my CPU purchase two weeks before it expired. I have been recommending them for years to friends and family, and this year I have started hearing complaints about ordering through them from the same people because of them shipping FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost instead of the fast UPS Ground which they used for years. The only thing that keeps me ordering from newegg is no sales tax to Texas, but if they ever build a warehouse in Texas so that they're forced to collect sales tax, I think I'm going to take most of my business to Amazon.

Then complain (assuming you haven't.)

I've spent thousands of dollars with them and the shipping has always been prompt. Any time I have ever had an issue (which I've only had one), I complained and they remedied it. Cutomer service is in place for a reason. Customer service is the reason I had a 128GB SanDisk Extreme and a 64GB SanDisk Ultra Plus from a 64GB basic SanDisk SSD, two Logitech UE Mini Booms from one and a G700s and an MX Master from a G700s.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yep, I had major problems with TigerDirect about 3 years ago. Considered buying a laptop through them worth 2,500$. Anyways, cant remember the exact way things went down, but i waited forever for my item, and it never came, so i cancelled my order. They cancelled my order just find, but they kept my 2,500$ for a month, said it would take 1 month to refund me because my bank takes time to process refunds.

I contacted my bank, and they said as soon as they get the refund, it would only take 2 days to process, not a month.... so long story short, TigerDirect basically stole my money for a whole 4 weeks.

Did you at least actually get the money back?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Thanks for informing us of this, i normally only order from newegg, but i could see myself thinking the same thing you did so i understand your frustration. Btw killer gif^^

Thanks for informing us of this, i normally only order from newegg, but i could see myself thinking the same thing you did so i understand your frustration. Btw killer gif^^

Good that this thread helped someone. And also the gif is from Warframe :D

i sometimes order from tiger direct when they have a sale on, but I order knowing that their shipping is as slow af.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

TigerDirect used to be better/cheaper than Newegg (at least in my personal experience here in Canada) but for a while now I've noticed them slipping. I always get from Newegg/Amazon first now unless Tiger has something I want for a much better price.

And yea they're shipping has always been the slowest of the major outlets/retailers I order from.