Just finding some love

c00face

I lost faith in humanity. To understand me, please don't quick to judge.

You see, I was that person who spent his whole life helping others. I dedicated my life to serve and to help the homeless, the poor, the needy. I gave up everything to fulfill the mission I wanted to do. When I was younger, my father use to make us chop wood, work labor, and we had demanding chores. My family wasn't perfect, but we stay in intact, even though we were poor. I wore the same clothes to school everyday, and I would stink, and other children would make fun of me constantly. All the way to highschool this has lasted me. Not until graduation day and college, I started to take care of myself. I had nice clothes for the first time, I didn't stink, I shaved, looked. And I kid you not, most girls started loving me. But I hated that. I hated how someone could judge you, laugh at you, and when you start to look like them, they love you?

Back to the topic, as I am now 27 years old. I find myself losing hope in humanity. What I mean is, I've never seen a generation so disregarding, disrespectful, disobedient, unkind, unloving, no compassion, etc... This is the generation we're living in. Countless times I hear on the news about ignorant self righteous people demanding justice on a criminal. But yet, they fail to realize they are just as worst as he is. But they demand the death penalty, they demand persecution, and execution? Listen to me, who are we, to cast judgment on someone else, or to demand repercussion for some one else action when you're just the same?

Stop looking at someone else fault, their downfall, what they've down, and start looking at the heart of the matter. Sometimes, those people, are suffering, they're hurt, and they do things out of the ordinary because all they wanted was love. But instead of giving them a heart warming love, you give them a spit to the face, you demand a fork be stuck up his gut, and to feel the full wraith of your own self righteousness?

This is the generation we live in. We live in a heartless generation without compassion. Hear me out here. Even though I chew this generation out, I am sadden about this. I'm sadden that so many young people are lacking wisdom and knowledge and understanding. Stop being hyprocrits and start looking at your own eye and at your own faults. Have a heart, have compassion, taking care of others. Love on people, even if they mess up. How would you feel if you were chewed out constantly, you became angry, and you did something wrong. But yet, people demanded your head on the platter? How cruel.

This is just my rant, and my heart. Out of my life, I can tell you... We are going towards a future that is depraved of love and compassion. I just hope someone take this letter, and take it for themselves not to be that person who is lacking in this area. Lets stop chewing out people for wrong things they've done, and lets start understanding why he's doing it, and having empathy for one another.

We should stop looking at each other's flaws, but the good things about each other.

We should stop making war, but rather make food for everyone around the world.

Stop hating on each other and start loving each other.

I feel you man, I understand what you mean. But don't think this entire generation of people is bad because of the majority or stereotypes.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

We should stop looking at each other's flaws, but the good things about each other.

We should stop making war, but rather make food for everyone around the world.

Stop hating on each other and start loving each other.

I feel you man, I understand what you mean. But don't think this entire generation of people is bad because of the majority or stereotypes.

Yes, I would love to believe this also. But as a man who travels around, talk to countless people as his job, and to counsel. I tell you this out of 10 years of experience. The majority of people I've encounter on the daily basis, are voided. What I mean is, even though they don't display a sort of hate, they don't have love either. The only time they love, is if it relates to them, or something personal in their own life. But that's as far as their loves goes. And if a situation was to rise, instead of being filled with compassion, the majority would be filled with anger and self righteousness.

As I was 17 when I started my evangelist business. It wasn't the case. But as years progess, I notice a change in society. And this is the change we're heading into, a change voided of compassion.

This has probably been said about every generation since the human race began speaking.

The complaints about young people being disobediant and rude can be traced as far back as the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is about 4100 years old.

And eventhough we always complain about the younger generation, we always made it through and things got even better than previous generations. 

I can agree that humans aren't perfect, but it's naïve to think that we can stop judging one another

Humans are a flock animal, and we need to identify who are in the flock and who isn't. We do this by judging eachother.

I'm not saying that it's the morally right thing to do, but I think it would be a losing battle to try and stop it. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Yes, I would love to believe this also. But as a man who travels around, talk to countless people as his job, and to counsel. I tell you this out of 10 years of experience. The majority of people I've encounter on the daily basis, are voided. What I mean is, even though they don't display a sort of hate, they don't have love either. The only time they love, is if it relates to them, or something personal in their own life. But that's as far as their loves goes. And if a situation was to rise, instead of being filled with compassion, the majority would be filled with anger and self righteousness.

As I was 17 when I started my evangelist business. It wasn't the case. But as years progess, I notice a change in society. And this is the change we're heading into, a change voided of compassion.

Yeah, it is true that some people only love or help others if it helps themselves in the short time (either helps by getting more people that can help you or just financially help)

What they forget is that if you help others, without expecting anything to come from it.. You may find that those people can help you too later, when you are in need of help.

That's not a perfect way of looking at it, but maybe that way people will actually help others..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This has probably been said about every generation since the human race began speaking.

The complaints about young people being disobediant and rude can be traced as far back as the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is about 4100 years old.

And eventhough we always complain about the younger generation, we always made it through and things got even better than previous generations. 

I can agree that humans aren't perfect, but it's naïve to think that we can stop judging one another

Humans are a flock animal, and we need to identify who are in the flock and who isn't. We do this by judging eachother.

I'm not saying that it's the morally right thing to do, but I think it would be a losing battle to try and stop it. 

I don't believe judging is wrong. Matter of fact, it's necessary. We judge everyday rather the light is green, or if the light is red. The same way, we judge rather a certain person is someone you want to hang out with, or if he isn't. This kind of judgment, I believe is necessary. But wha I speak of, is condemnation judgment. Judgment that condemns a person, that point fingers, that treat another human being as if you're superior and without fault.

It has been spoken countless time about each generation. Believe it or not, it's true. It seems to be a growing pattern that each generation seems to be worst than the first. And here we are, in a generation that is far worst than any previous generation we ever lived in. Did you know, we killed more babies known to any history documented? That includes countless of wars through out mankind history, as of today in our data. The USA has killed more babies than any warfare combined through out history.

I don't believe judging is wrong. Matter of fact, it's necessary. We judge everyday rather the light is green, or if the light is red. The same way, we judge rather a certain person is someone you want to hang out with, or if he isn't. This kind of judgment, I believe is necessary. But wha I speak of, is condemnation judgment. Judgment that condemns a person, that point fingers, that treat another human being as if you're superior and without fault.

It has been spoken countless time about each generation. Believe it or not, it's true. It seems to be a growing pattern that each generation seems to be worst than the first. And here we are, in a generation that is far worst than any previous generation we ever lived in. Did you know, we killed more babies known to any history documented?

In what way are we the worst generation?

Crime statistics throughout the western world is the lowest its been in years and is still falling, the average lifespan of a human has never been higher, world wide poverty is on its way down, the genders are becoming more and more equal throughout the world etc. 

There are so many great things about living today, and I'll bet that tomorrow will be even better. 

If you only focus on the negatives and your own experiences, you will get a very small and skewed picture of the world. 

Knowing the people and internet "killed more babies" is a very wide term, and is very dependent on who you define ´baby´.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

778897.jpg

I fully agree with you and I find myself in some parts of what you've written. I've gotten more cynical and angrier on society in the past years, a few of which have been quite troublesome (most recently I've found that my fiance was cheating on me with my best friend, of all people, whom is still married. Now they're both in London screwing eachothers brains out while telling everyone they left to live a "better life" and to "start over").

I've stopped caring about people around me and I finally decided it's time to take care of myself. I can safely say that I have no real friends (except for a handful of people) nor do I need any friends. While I can not completely sever the ties to my family just yet, I am on the path of becoming self-sufficient, which is best for now.

I am unsure, however, of what the future holds, but I firmly believe that we are the masters of our own lives and that the future is not set in concrete. Even a minor change in one's life can influence the future for better or for worse.

I fill my time with games and trying to share my knowledge and experiences around here and through other mediums. I try to ignore the bad things from my past, but most of them will haunt me to some degree throughout my entire life, which I accept and I have learned from my mistakes. That's the least I can do to get myself where I want to. While I may be living on a day to day basis right now, this isn't optimal and I've just recently realized that I was on a clear path to self-destruction. I've found shelter in things that have taken their toll on both my body and my mind to the extent that I can safely and surely say that I am damaged. Nevertheless, every dent, scratch and bruise can be healed, but there will still be scars that will remind me of my fuckups and give me the mental strength to plow on through life while taking care of who matters; myself.

My generation and those following it are doomed, but I do believe that they can change, once they start thinking more maturely. That WILL take time and alot of effort.

I'm old enough to call people born in the mid-90's and later kids, and these kids need to grow up sooner or later. Unfortunately there are certain influential factors that we can't ignore and that have become part of their molding process. While social media isn't a bad thing itself, kids these days have become molded by it and now lack skills that are essential in their lives. While I don't expect anyone to have the knowledge or skills I've gained from (what I now realize is) good parenting (although I may have disagreed with the methods my parents used), the problem is that every kiddie tantrum is met with parents that cave in and satisfy things that kids want, but don't necessarily need. I may have been a fortunate case, but there are a billion and one factors that influenced what I wanted, what I needed and what I got.

I wanted to get into electronics from an early age, not because my father was into it as both a hobby and a source of income, but because it fascinated me. Since my dad has owned a service business ever since the early 90s, it was easy for me. Then I got into computers and those were batshit expensive, but I eventually had enough money (that I earned by myself by helping my dad) and through people my father knew, I was able to satisfy my desire to further expand my knowledge of computers, on both a hardware and software level. That doesn't mean that I was held up in my house all day long. No. Quite the contrary. I'd spend countless days and weeks hiking, exploring, learning things that one day might prove to be useful. Hell, with what I know I can easily survive a zombie apocalypse. Kids these days don't even know how to start a fire without a match or a lighter...

Nevertheless, this post is getting to rant-levels and I may be going off-topic, but that might just be the overdose of coffee I just had.

//I am an old man stuck in a 20-something year old's body//

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

In what way are we the worst generation?

Crime statistics throughout the western world is the lowest its been in years and is still falling, the average lifespan of a human has never been higher, world wide poverty is on its way down, the genders are becoming more and more equal throughout the world etc. 

There are so many great things about living today, and I'll bet that tomorrow will be even better. 

If you only focus on the negatives and your own experiences, you will get a very small and skewed picture of the world. 

Knowing the people and internet "killed more babies" is a very wide term, and is very dependent on who you define ´baby´.

The way that we started not to care, it's why we became the worst generation. Only in today society, would you see a female get r4ped, and instead of helping, people would record it on their iphones. Only in today society, would nobody care for anyone else living condition, emotion, health, because we're too busy playing video games, entertained by other factors in life such as computer, electronics, and text messaging. We can go on about this, but during the early 80s and 90s, we didn't depend on electronics or insurance. Most of home cares and insurances came from neighbors. When a person was sick, it was the neighbor that came over to take care and provided assistant.

Today, nobody is knocking on your door or even caring about how you are doing. When a homeless man ask for help, the response and attitude of most individual is, "Go get a job." And no, I don't focus on the negatives and my own bad experiences. But as a man, who cared for the homeless, started ministry for the the emotional, helping my brothers and sisters, and not gaining a cent or dime out of it. Out of the years, I can say, I'm starting to hate this kind, the selfish kind, and that kind is brewing in our generation.

The way that we started not to care, it's why we became the worst generation. Only in today society, would you see a female get r4ped, and instead of helping, people would record it on their iphones. Only in today society, would nobody care for anyone else living condition, emotion, health, because we're too busy playing video games, entertained by other factors in life such as computer, electronics, and text messaging. We can go on about this, but during the early 80s and 90s, we didn't depend on electronics or insurance. Most of home cares and insurances came from neighbors. When a person was sick, it was the neighbor that came over to take care and provided assistant.

Today, nobody is knocking on your door or even caring about how you are doing. When a homeless man ask for help, the response and attitude of most individual is, "Go get a job." And no, I don't focus on the negatives and my own bad experiences. But as a man, who cared for the homeless, started ministry for the the emotional, helping my brothers and sisters, and not gaining a cent or dime out of it. Out of the years, I can say, I'm starting to hate this kind, the selfish kind, and that kind is brewing in our generation.

People have been like this since time immemorial, as mentioned, the same complaints is in the Epic of Gilgamesh. It's just that people didn't have iPhones back then and there wasn't 24/7 news channels to tell you about all the bad things happening and ignoring the good things. 

In the generation that precedes ours, there were girls being raped in the moshpits at Woodstock '99, and people didn't do shit. 

An even worse example would be the Rape of Naking, where 20.000 to 80.000 Chinese women were gang raped by Japanese soldiers.

While this isn't in anyway a good thing, it has happened since forever.

And if you want to see bad treatment of the homeless, you just have to go back to the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the Enlightenment Age.

Back then, when you were too old and/or too broken to work your lord's lands, you were thrown off the land to die by yourself.

Of course your family could take care of you, but few had the resources to feed a non-working member of the family.

Later most places got a bit more human by building poor houses, which weren't ideal either.

The same thing pretty much goes for caring about a persons livng condition, health, and emotions.

You don't have to go much further back than to beginning of the industrial revolution to see people being treated like life stock.

A poor person was only worth anything, aslong as that person was capable of working. 

Why is it a bad thing that we are a lesser burden on our social circle when we get sick?

Unloading that burden to an insurance company or the government is much more cost effective and it doesn't put the same strain on the local community.

And it's the same electronics that you mention that keeps people alive when their heart stops pumping on its own.  

If your job is to run a ministry that is helping the less fortunate (that is admirable by the way) of course your are going to experience more negative things than are out there in the real world.

Problem is that you can't just base a conclusion on your own experiences. When the world is seen through statistics and numbers, the world is becoming better and better everyday.

There is still a long way to go, but we are getting there. 

Bad things like death, rape, torure etc. is unfortuantly a part of the human condition. We can work to minimize the bad things that happes, but it's naïve to think we will ever eradicate the bad things,

These thing are a human problem, not a generational problem. If we follow the evidence, past generations were much less compasionate, much less caring, and much more violent than our generation.

And we will proably be seen as violent savages by future generations.  

See now, society has messed it self up. By having the few that were different and messed up have instilled fear into us people. Like the stories of people acting like homeless people then you invite them into your home and then they kill you. Since things like that happened people stopped trusting them, sure most likely the person you just turned away was harmless but people are to scared and dont think that. We're not designed to. We were originally designed as predators. One physical trait of that still manifests that as today. Animals that were prey generally had their eyes on the side of their head to detect predators coming from the sides. Animals that were predators had the eyes on the front of their head facing the same way to stalk. While we've evolved to be more social-able and manage ourselves we still have the aggression left over. Violence is part of human nature. You cant just fix that. Now while there may be the few that overcome that society as a whole has contained the violence and that has lead to boil overs and all this other shit. Now this is bad and good. Its good in a way that limits some of the crime as people see what will happen if they do it and are afraid of the consequence. The bad result of this is the fact that the people who are undeterred by this are more serious criminals and do much more violent crimes. See you think this is alot? No its not. You see what the news covers. There is alot more crime murder and hate over in other third world countries that quite frankly the news couldnt care less about. Society is a mask for this to make us seem like we all care when most of us dont. Better them than us we always say because we are cowards of the world. We disguise our lives when we speak but we show it in how we act. We can never know what most people would actually do until they are put in the situation. In this society its mostly made of either the sheep or the wolves. The ones who will do nothing or beg and the ones who will slay and murder. The sheep were born cared for with adequate supplies and were always taken care of not mistreated. Wolves were not they were exposed and as such did not loose the original violent behavior. Now quite frankly violence is lower than its always been, as back to the early days long ago BC murder was a daily thing happened all the time for whichever reasons and since we had primitive weapons back then it was much more painful then before, and we didnt have modern tools so the weak were weeded out and that just left the fighters. Now that everyone gets a shot you get the weak and strong, and we get more efficient tools of killing such as guns and stuff. (Now not to say that guns are bad, as they help many survive such as myself I nearly was killed one time but was able to live because I had a gun on me.) Now there are the oddballs in society that kill in painful and awful ways. But there's nothing we can do about it. The more we restrict the worse it gets. The more steam gets built up until we boil over and the more steam built up the more violent the boil. Since we've been trying to suppress this for a very long time the killings get much more violent and more hateful. We are made of hate and greed and much of other nasty stuff. It's built into us. We are hateful, greedy, violent, and predatory. And now that we have nukes all it takes is one slip and boom.

We disguise our lives when we speak but we show it on how we act. But dont take my word for it. I'm just one of the people who think unlike what the media and everyone in power want us to do. They want the few that think to work with them and the many that dont to serve them. Just observe and research. Carry on.

SNIP

Extremely well put

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Such a deep thread, love it.

I agree with the shallowness of society but remember that that is nothing that's new, it evolved with us (prettier people make prettier babies of course). I do think that prejudice based on appearance is a problem but moreso amongst children; adults tend to get along better I've found but there are still those shallow ones (see Tinder for more).

I'm not going to write a massive thing about it because I'm on my phone but remember, society will always get better (except America because wtf)

Some people need to learn humility, and put other above themselves not the other way around. Although there are still good people in this new generation :D .

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY